Convert eml to pdf using PDFnet sdk

Lior Sapir

Oct 11, 2016, 1:04:48 PM10/11/16
to PDFTron PDFNet SDK
Hello,

Is there any option to convert eml to pdf?

Thank,
Lior.

Ryan

Oct 11, 2016, 9:26:37 PM10/11/16
to pdfne...@googlegroups.com
Yes, on Windows, but exact step depends if MS Office is installed or not.

If you have MS Office installed, then The .eml format is actually a plain text version of .mhtml. So if you change the extension to .mht then MS Office will handle the conversion.

Otherwise, on Windows OS you can install our virtual printer driver. You will also need a 3rd party application that can print EML files.

If it isn't clear in the post above, to install the virtual printer (only needed to be done once on a machine, where the process has elevated rights), see our Convert test.

// optional set your own custom printer name
//pdftron.PDF.Convert.Printer.SetPrinterName("My Custom Printer Name");
if (!pdftron.PDF.Convert.Printer.IsInstalled()) pdftron.PDF.Convert.Printer.Install();

Lior Sapir

Oct 13, 2016, 5:25:50 PM10/13/16
to PDFTron PDFNet SDK
Hello Ryan,

Where can I see the supported files that I can convert into PDF?

Thanks,
Lior.

Ryan

Oct 14, 2016, 7:59:21 PM10/14/16
to PDFTron PDFNet SDK
Yes, this post shows in detail, and gets updated accordingly.