Re: Form XObject misplaced. "ElementEdit" sample

Support

Nov 21, 2012, 3:02:39 PM11/21/12
to pdfne...@googlegroups.com
Hi Piotr,

The problem is that you are 'flattening' Form XObject, but are not applying/concatentaing form Matrix to its children. There are couple of ways around this:

a) you can preserve form xobjects as xobjects (i.e. do not flatten the display list into a single stream).
b) apply forms matrix (and add extra clip path for form bbox) when flattening.

This is covered in more details in the following articles:

On Wednesday, November 21, 2012 3:33:25 AM UTC-8, Piotr Sokolowski wrote:
Hi,
I have one PDF that is causing the problems when used in "ElementEdit" sample.
Situation is like this:
When I don't "open" the Form, by "FormBegin" and just write, then I can't edit the content, but layout is OK.
When I do like in sample, then all graphics elements (including paths) are in bottom-left corner.

It looks like Form object have some offset position, which is lost during the process.
Is there any other way to copy content with editing option ?

BR,
Piotr