Plumbing appurtenances

Patrick Coughlin

Jan 7, 2003, 1:39:09 PM1/7/03
The plumbing codes define plumbing as a system of piping, fixtures, plumbing
appliances and "plumbing appurtenances." They define plumbing appurtenance
but don't give any examples. What are some examples?

Pat Coughlin

Bob Wheatley

Jan 7, 2003, 2:16:51 PM1/7/03
"Patrick Coughlin" <pcou...@wirsbo.com> wrote in message

Toilet, Lavatory, sink, floor drain, water heater, etc., etc.
Any and everything that has drain or water supply.
Even unusual appurtenances like anything from beer brewers to photography
equipment.

appurtenances

n : miscellaneous articles needed for a particular operation or sport etc.
[syn: gear, paraphernalia]

---

Bob Wheatley

Master Plvmber

Jan 7, 2003, 6:36:57 PM1/7/03
Actually, Bob, those are the fixtures and appliances. Appurtenances are the
valves, fittings, hangers, safety devices, meters, etc.

"Bob Wheatley" <a.cwd...@verizon.net> wrote in message

Bob Wheatley

Jan 7, 2003, 8:30:36 PM1/7/03
"Master Plvmber" <n...@this.time> wrote in message

> Actually, Bob, those are the fixtures and appliances. Appurtenances are
the
> valves, fittings, hangers, safety devices, meters, etc.

I've always considered that Appurtenances were only terminal end
connections.
While there is an English language definition of the term, if you use it
literally, you end up saying that plumbing appurtenances can be everything
BUT the pipe and fittings.
That seems a bit silly to me.