ANNOUNCE: parboiled 2.0.0-RC2

Mathias Doenitz

Jun 3, 2014, 8:25:38 AM6/3/14
to parboil...@googlegroups.com
Everyone,

we are happy and proud to be able to announce the availability of the second release candidate of parboiled 2.0 final.
It fixes three problems that were discovered in RC1 and adds some more (minor) helper functionality.

You can find the full change log here: https://github.com/sirthias/parboiled2/blob/master/CHANGELOG

This is what we want parboiled 2.0.0 to be so please try it out and give us feedback!
Among other things parboiled2 will become the infrastructure for HTTP header value parsing in the new akka-http, so we need as many users as possible to put some weight on it.

Release Details
---------------

Since we want to avoid any conflicts when having parboiled2 as well as parboiled 1.x on the same classpath the parboiled2 classes live in a separate package `org.parboiled2`.
The maven artifact group-id however is still `org.parboiled` (this might change in the future).

parboiled 2.0.0-RC2 is built against Scala 2.10.4 and Scala 2.11.1 and available from maven central (and sonatype releases if the sync is not yet completed).

Documentation
-------------

We have spent some time on proper documentation right out of the gates.
Check out http://parboiled2.org and let us know what you think needs improving!

Links
-----

Website:
http://parboiled2.org

Maven repository:
http://central.maven.org/maven2/org/parboiled/parboiled_2.10/
http://central.maven.org/maven2/org/parboiled/parboiled_2.11/

Issue tracker:
https://github.com/sirthias/parboiled2/issues

Mailing list:
https://groups.google.com/group/parboiled-user

Thank you all and happy parsing with parboiled!

Cheers,
Mathias

PS: Since all future discussions around parboiled2 do not affect the Java users of parboiled 1.x in any way we have decided to start a new mailing list (this one) from scratch.

---
mat...@parboiled.org
http://www.parboiled.org