ANNOUNCE: parboiled 2.0.0-RC1

Mathias Doenitz

Apr 22, 2014, 4:53:17 PM4/22/14
to parboil...@googlegroups.com
Everyone,

we are happy and proud to be able to announce the availability of the first release candidate of parboiled 2.0 final.
It improves upon 2.0-M2 by rounding off the feature set and fixing a few remaining problems. It also is the first release available for Scala 2.11.
You can find the full change log here: https://github.com/sirthias/parboiled2/blob/master/CHANGELOG

Please try it out and give us feedback!
Among other things parboiled2 will become the infrastructure for HTTP header value parsing in the new akka-http, so we need as many users as possible to put some weight on it.

Release Details
---------------

Since we want to avoid any conflicts when having parboiled2 as well as parboiled 1.x on the same classpath the parboiled2 classes live in a separate package `org.parboiled2`.
The maven artifact group-id however is still `org.parboiled` (this might change in the future).

parboiled 2.0.0-RC1 is built against Scala 2.10.4 and Scala 2.11.0 and available from maven central (and sonatype releases if the sync is not yet completed).

Documentation
-------------

We have spent some time on proper documentation right out of the gates.
Check out http://parboiled2.org and let us know what you think needs improving!

Links
-----

Website:
http://parboiled2.org

Maven repository:
http://central.maven.org/maven2/org/parboiled/parboiled_2.10/
http://central.maven.org/maven2/org/parboiled/parboiled_2.11/

Issue tracker:
https://github.com/sirthias/parboiled2/issues

Mailing list:
https://groups.google.com/group/parboiled-user

Thank you all and happy parsing with parboiled!

Cheers,
Mathias

PS: Since all future discussions around parboiled2 do not affect the Java users of parboiled 1.x in any way we have decided to start a new mailing list (this one) from scratch.

---
mat...@parboiled.org
http://www.parboiled.org

Niels Hoogeveen

Apr 26, 2014, 12:30:56 PM4/26/14
to parboil...@googlegroups.com
Upgraded from Scala 2.10 to Scala.2.11 and to the Parboiled 2.0.0-RC1 and it works like a charm. Hopefully I can get Parboiled to work with Scala.js soon.

Oliver Schrenk

Apr 28, 2014, 12:54:18 PM4/28/14

On Saturday, 26 April 2014 18:30:56 UTC+2, Niels Hoogeveen wrote:
Hopefully I can get Parboiled to work with Scala.js soon.

That would be amazing! I have a little pet project that I would love to move from peg.js to parboiled.