HOW TO PUT THUMBNAILS IN YOUR POST IN THE NEW FORUM.

RoarX

Feb 16, 2012, 12:00:40 PM2/16/12
This is how to add thumbnails in the new forum.
A tool and two tutorials, a very short version, and a somewhat longer tutorial. Also see instruction graphics at the bottom.

The easiest way is to use this tool

The tutorials:

For those who knows what to do, but are getting the details wrong.

Longer explanation by Tomas Kohout.

- open your photo page (full size)
- copy address from addressbar (something like http://static.panoramio.com/photos/original/0000000.jpg) to clipboard (Ctrl+C)
- go to forum/group post
- click "insert image" icon on post toolbar
- in box on the left, click "URL"
- paste in editbox photo address, e.g. http://static.panoramio.com/photos/original/0000000.jpg
- I strongly suggest you to change address to: http://www.panoramio.com/photos/small/0000000.jpg
Original source version is too large and loads a long time. Better use thumbnail, small or medium instead of original).
Guidelines for optimum size of photos posted in forum are not ready yet - we are discussing it with other moderators.
Also address of photo shall always start with http://www.panoramio.com, not with anything else (to avoid problems in future).
- Photo sample shall appear below editbox
- Click "Select"
- Now click on photo in post
- In popup, select desired visual size: Small, Medium, Large, Original size.
I think Small or Medium is the best. Don't set larger size than you use for source.
- After that, click "Change" following photo link
- Change content in editbox to your Panoramio photo page
in context of this example it shall be: http://www.panoramio.com/photo/0000000 (simply remove part of suggested address).

Click on image for larger size --->

This conversation is locked