Link your Panoramio account to your Google+ profile

Adam Lasnik

Nov 12, 2013, 3:19:48 PM11/12/13
to panoramio-que...@googlegroups.com
Hi everyone,

I'm happy to announce an option for you to gain more exposure for your photography and discover other great photographers by linking your Panoramio account to your Google+ profile.

You can read more about this in our blog post, and on this FAQ page.  Please note...
  • You need to be using the new Panoramio design.  If you're still using the classic design, consider switching by clicking on the "new design" invitation at the top of any Panoramio photo page.
  • You'll also need a Google+ account.  If you don't already have one, you can upgrade your Google account via the prompt at the top of most Panoramio pages.
Have questions or feedback about this option?  We welcome your posts in this thread :).

Draken

Nov 12, 2013, 3:31:35 PM11/12/13
Can the Panoramio account be linked to a Google+ page?

Adam Lasnik

Nov 12, 2013, 3:37:04 PM11/12/13
to panoramio-que...@googlegroups.com
Yes, but only that's the first Google account linked to the Panoramio account.

Here are the steps:
1) Create a Google account if that hasn't been done already.
2) Upgrade to Google+ (again, if not already done)
3) Create a +Page (e.g., "Draken's Photo Emporium, Inc.")
4) In the Google+ settings, add a password to this +Page, essentially making it its own full Google account.
5) Sign in to that new Google+ Page account.
6) Visit Panoramio.com and then follow the prompt to connect that (+Page) profile to Panoramio.

IPAAT

Nov 12, 2013, 3:38:37 PM11/12/13
to panoramio-que...@googlegroups.com
Can the Panoramio account be linked to a Google+ page?

Yes, I want it too.

RoarX

Nov 12, 2013, 3:44:03 PM11/12/13
to panoramio-que...@googlegroups.com
"Yes, but only that's the first Google account linked to the Panoramio account."

What do you mean here? First?

Adam Lasnik

Nov 12, 2013, 3:47:27 PM11/12/13
to panoramio-que...@googlegroups.com
If you are already logging into Panoramio with a Google account, then only that Google+ profile can be linked to your Panoramio account.

For instance, if you're using foo...@gmail.com to log into Panoramio, you can only connect your foobar@gmail Google+ profile to your Panoramio account.  At this time, you can't change the Google account you've connected to Panoramio, or change the connection from a standard Google account to a Google +Page account.

Draken

Nov 12, 2013, 3:48:22 PM11/12/13
to panoramio-que...@googlegroups.com
At the risk of sounding dumb, I don't find where to add a password to the +Page.

Are the Google+ settings the ones at the left on the drop-down menu?

Adam Lasnik

Nov 12, 2013, 3:53:58 PM11/12/13
to panoramio-que...@googlegroups.com
  • Go to http://plus.google.com, and select Pages on the lefthand nav (hover over Home)
  • Click Manage under the relevant Page.
  • Then click Settings, and look for "Setup a password"

RoarX

Nov 12, 2013, 4:03:02 PM11/12/13
to panoramio-que...@googlegroups.com
So, basically, nobody who have connected Panoramio to a Google account (and thus using the same login to both) and have already signed up for G+ can do a G+ page connection? Or?

Adam Lasnik

Nov 12, 2013, 4:08:52 PM11/12/13
to panoramio-que...@googlegroups.com
Correct.  For folks who've already linked a Google account to Panoramio, it's not possible to link a Google+ Page to the same Panoramio account.  We spent a lot of time exploring this possibility to enable switching, but in the end weren't able to implement it at this time, sorry :\.

RoarX

Nov 12, 2013, 4:13:08 PM11/12/13
to panoramio-que...@googlegroups.com
But YouTube offers me a list of pages I can click and connect to, I'm also using the same login there. Why aren't the same system used for Panoramio???

Draken

Nov 12, 2013, 4:16:31 PM11/12/13
to panoramio-que...@googlegroups.com
Very sorry to hear that since it was precisely what I wanted to do. Besides, it would have been a fine way of keeping the privacy of all those of us who are using nicknames on Panoramio. We complied by linking our Panoramio accounts to Google+ accounts when we were asked to do it and finally we have no choice. Very unfair.

Adam Lasnik

Nov 12, 2013, 4:20:55 PM11/12/13
to panoramio-que...@googlegroups.com
We definitely do recognize the frustrations re: the inability to switch connected accounts, and will continue to see whether this can be changed, but we're unlikely to be able to implement this, at least in the short term.  And yes, we did examine the YouTube implementation, but were not able to implement this for Panoramio.

Daniela Brocca

Nov 12, 2013, 4:22:50 PM11/12/13
to panoramio-que...@googlegroups.com
Then why is there the link to connect? Trying the answer is Connecting to Google+ failed.

Adam Lasnik

Nov 12, 2013, 4:27:09 PM11/12/13
to panoramio-que...@googlegroups.com
Hmm!  This is the second case we've seen and our team is looking into it; thanks for letting us know!

Matthew Walters

Nov 12, 2013, 5:18:27 PM11/12/13
to panoramio-que...@googlegroups.com
I also get the "connect to google plus failed" message. Safari on iPad.

Wim Constant

Nov 12, 2013, 6:32:45 PM11/12/13
I also tried to connect, Connection failed, the link to connect disappeared AND I lost my avatar.
Using Google Chrome version 31.0.1650.48 m on a desktop PC, Windows 7

Adam Lasnik

Nov 12, 2013, 6:33:48 PM11/12/13
to panoramio-que...@googlegroups.com
We're still working on fixing this, and I'll reply back here the moment it's done.  Thanks for your patience!

Adam Lasnik

Nov 12, 2013, 6:39:46 PM11/12/13
to panoramio-que...@googlegroups.com
Whew... fixed!  Connecting your Google+ profile to your Panoramio account should now work.

Do note that your forum avatar photo may not change over for a few days, but don't worry, it'll come along eventually :)

Chris M Gray

Nov 12, 2013, 6:46:09 PM11/12/13
to panoramio-que...@googlegroups.com
Hi Wim, it looks like you need to add an avatar photo at Google+.

Wim Constant

Nov 12, 2013, 7:00:51 PM11/12/13
to panoramio-que...@googlegroups.com
I tried to make a new avatar, but the top half of the settings page also disappeared.
I can try it at Google+ (I don't know if I'm connected and the link is gone)

Adam Lasnik

Nov 12, 2013, 7:07:51 PM11/12/13
to panoramio-que...@googlegroups.com
Hi Wim,

To reassure, you're now connected; other photographers can follow you now by the link on your profile.
As Chris noted, you'll want to add a profile photo on Google+, and then that same avatar will near-instantly show up as your Panoramio avatar.

Wim Constant

Nov 12, 2013, 7:38:38 PM11/12/13
Thanks, Chris and Adam.

It worked, I have an avatar again.
But now I'd like to know how to go back from Google+ to Panoramio.
So far I closed Google+ an logged in on Panoramio again, but I think there must be a short-cut.
And another question:  Just below the statistics I tell something about myself. If I should want to change that, how do I do that?

Chris M Gray

Nov 12, 2013, 8:32:53 PM11/12/13
to panoramio-que...@googlegroups.com
I'm not sure I understand your first question.

It's a good point about the box to edit your description.  I will make sure it's added back in the next version.

On Tuesday, November 12, 2013 4:31:21 PM UTC-8, Wim Constant wrote:
Thanks, Chris and Adam.

It worked, I have an avatar again.
But now I'd like to know how to go back from Google+ to Panoramio.
So far I closed Google+ an logged in on Panoramio again, but I think there must be a short-cut.
And another question:  Just below the statistics I tell something about myself. If I should want to change that, how do I do that?

Op woensdag 13 november 2013 01:07:51 UTC+1 schreef Adam Lasnik:
Hi Wim,

Mark Goho

Nov 12, 2013, 9:39:25 PM11/12/13
to panoramio-que...@googlegroups.com
Just linked my account to my local business page!

Before:

After:

Thanks team!!!

Wim Constant

Nov 13, 2013, 5:01:18 AM11/13/13
to panoramio-que...@googlegroups.com
Hi, Chris,

When I am in Google+ and I want to go to Panoramio, I look for a direct connection.
It is possible to direct to my Picasa album, but not to Panoramio, as far as I have found out at this moment.
So my question: Is there a direct link or do I have to start Panoramio the way I always do?

Greetings, Wim

Tomas K☼h☼ut

Nov 13, 2013, 6:24:15 AM11/13/13
to panoramio-que...@googlegroups.com
Hi Wim,

I am not sure this is the best way, but I have links to Panoramio within my profile (Profile -> About -> section Links):

You can edit and add here address of any site and choose title whatever you like.

zerega

Nov 13, 2013, 6:49:37 AM11/13/13
to panoramio-que...@googlegroups.com

Hi,

just connected, but now on Panoramio my real name appears instead of my nick. Where can I change to my nick name on Panoramio?

Tomas K☼h☼ut

Nov 13, 2013, 9:14:55 AM11/13/13
Zerega, I think it's too late for you, but you will find the answer here:
http://www.panoramio.com/help/gplus-faq
Special attention to G+ user names policies:
(you shall use your real name, otherwise your account might be suspended).

Draken

Nov 13, 2013, 6:58:45 AM11/13/13
to panoramio-que...@googlegroups.com
zerega

I don't think that's possible, which transpires from the previous posts. Have you read them all?

zerega

Nov 13, 2013, 7:57:32 AM11/13/13
to panoramio-que...@googlegroups.com
Transpires is the right word. In micrograms through micromillimeter sized glands.

Draken

Nov 13, 2013, 11:55:02 AM11/13/13
to panoramio-que...@googlegroups.com
Other than greater visibility (or exposure –pun intended– as the blog points out), which are the advantages of linking the Panoramio account to the Google+ profile?

© Tom Cooper

Nov 13, 2013, 2:03:25 PM11/13/13
to panoramio-que...@googlegroups.com
I don't know if this is an advantage or not, but your account now shows up in my list of favorites as being in my G+ circles. =:-O

Tom

Adam Lasnik

Nov 13, 2013, 4:29:49 PM11/13/13
to panoramio-que...@googlegroups.com
Draken, for now the value is all about increasing connections amongst photographers... including the feature that Tom noted.

vkalathil

HikingMike, hikingmike.com

Nov 15, 2013, 12:42:37 PM11/15/13
to panoramio-que...@googlegroups.com
Shoot, I love the new Panoramio design, but I am still reluctant to enable my Google account to be a Google+ account. And the fact that if I link Panoramio to Google+, I can't use my HikingMike account name anymore and I don't have a choice of using a separate icon image for Panoramio than for Google+. What if I want to have a hiking related icon in Panoramio but a more general icon in G+ (because my Panoramio account will be all hiking related photos for me)? I may have to consider using different Google accounts for this - one my HikingMike persona and another my regular self. But there is still the problem that I don't want to use my real name!

So this stuff about linking instead to a Google+ Page.... does that mean you don't link to a personal Google+ account at all (besides related by being Page admin)? That means you are still anonymous right because the Google+ Page is administered anonymously? What shows up for your Panoramio account name then? The Google+ Page name (and icon)?

The fact that all this is irreversible scares the crap out of me. What if I want to link to a Google+ Page later but I've linked to my Google+ Profile first? What if I decide to use a different Google account to keep things separated? Scary.

HikingMike, hikingmike.com

Nov 15, 2013, 2:43:16 PM11/15/13
to panoramio-que...@googlegroups.com
Oh well nevermind on some of that I just read this below so that removes most of my choice.

"If you are already logging into Panoramio with a Google account, then only that Google+ profile can be linked to your Panoramio account.

For instance, if you're using foo...@gmail.com to log into Panoramio, you can only connect your foobar@gmail Google+ profile to your Panoramio account.  At this time, you can't change the Google account you've connected to Panoramio, or change the connection from a standard Google account to a Google +Page account."

So since I'm logging into Panoramio with a Google account, I can not change that, and if I ever do Google+, that is the only Google+ I can link. All I can choose now is to use Google+ or not and if so link to Panoramio or not. Hmm

Adam Lasnik

Nov 15, 2013, 3:56:39 PM11/15/13
to panoramio-que...@googlegroups.com
HikingMike, I appreciate your enthusiasm for the new design (thanks!), and I do have to confirm your understanding of the current way the Panoramio <--> Google+ Profile connection tool works.  We definitely understand that many would like to connect a different account or page, and have explored these options, but aren't able to support connection changes at this time, sorry!

HikingMike, hikingmike.com

Nov 15, 2013, 6:36:38 PM11/15/13
to panoramio-que...@googlegroups.com
Thanks for the reply Adam!  Ok that's good to know. I imagine with the big push for Google+ that's just the way things are going. I'm glad to hear Panoramio has thought about allowing that kind of thing at least. I know something like that is often one of the tough problems that isn't high on the priority list.

Yes the new design is wonderful, and really pleasing but still pretty functional. I think I'm liking it better than flickr's new design a bit.
A couple things I noticed though (sorry off topic) -
1. This must be a bug. When going through my photos clicking the left arrow on the photo pages to get to the more recent ones - when I get to the last one, the right arrow is grayed out instead of the left arrow, and when I click the left arrow it goes to a "Not Found" page. Looks like a simple bug graying out the wrong arrow. Actually now that I try, the same thing happens on the other end of my photos - my first one.
2. I probably would prefer when clicking on photos in groups that they go to the photo page rather than the slideshow view, since I like to post comments. There's just way more you can do on the photo page. That might just be a preference thing, maybe you are wanting people to slideshow through group photos.

Pierre Mirosa

Nov 21, 2013, 1:38:57 PM11/21/13
to panoramio-que...@googlegroups.com
I agree with you Draken .

remind 1984..

El martes, 12 de noviembre de 2013 18:08:52 UTC-3, Adam Lasnik escribió:
Correct.  For folks who've already linked a Google account to Panoramio, it's not possible to link a Google+ Page to the same Panoramio account.  We spent a lot of time exploring this possibility to enable switching, but in the end weren't able to implement it at this time, sorry :\.

HAMANA

Nov 21, 2013, 2:21:17 PM11/21/13
to panoramio-que...@googlegroups.com
The idea is wonderful, however, I now appear under several different names and don't know how to correct that. Also, why can the font size not be adjusted in Panoramio, so I can read the messages. The thumbnails are so small that I can no longer identify the photo without opening it.

AXOTA

Nov 23, 2013, 8:10:52 AM11/23/13
to panoramio-que...@googlegroups.com
Is this the reason why I cant return to Classic?  If it is..it's a fail

Daniela Brocca

Nov 23, 2013, 10:25:31 AM11/23/13
to panoramio-que...@googlegroups.com
That's has nothing to do with the classic view.

http://www.panoramio.com/do/disable_acrylic_ui    here you have it for the time being.

me&mymac

Nov 23, 2013, 10:55:48 AM11/23/13
to panoramio-que...@googlegroups.com
Daniela,

Thanks for that link.

I have a question: Is it me, or is it the new version? To view my photos on the map (Google Earth?), I can see them when I zoom in using the Classic view. However, I cannot see (all of) them when using the new Panoramio view. :-(

Can someone kindly explain why?

Thanks, Martin.

df3vi

Nov 23, 2013, 11:41:57 AM11/23/13
to panoramio-que...@googlegroups.com
I assume you talk about the Google Maps embedded in Panoramio. Both classic and acrylic version are working fine for me (tested with my photos, and new photos).
There is no big difference, just the icons changed to the other side...

One thing went wrong in the acrylic version: The link to the GE-klm ("your photos in GE") is outside of the browser window, you just can see the GE globe on the right side.

df3vi

Nov 23, 2013, 11:45:38 AM11/23/13
to panoramio-que...@googlegroups.com
You can zoom the whole page (fonts and pictures) with CTRL and +/- keys, this should work on any browser.
Adjusting the font size (in IE) works on almost no web page at all in my experience.
Message has been deleted

AXOTA

Nov 23, 2013, 3:16:49 PM11/23/13
to panoramio-que...@googlegroups.com
Thanks for that Daniela ;)  one of the wonders of modern technology

Hamid Reza Malmir

Nov 27, 2013, 2:38:52 PM11/27/13
to panoramio-que...@googlegroups.com
Hi Adam,
My Panoramio account is linked to a Google account. But I never use this Google account.
I want to disconnect current link and connect my Panoramio account to another Google account that is my primary Google+ account for share my photos on the web.
Is it possible?

Adam Lasnik

Nov 27, 2013, 3:02:11 PM11/27/13
to panoramio-que...@googlegroups.com
Hamid, unfortunately it's not possible to change this at the moment, but we've gotten feedback from many that this would be desired, so we'll consider it for future updates.

Draken

Dec 10, 2013, 6:04:09 PM12/10/13
to panoramio-que...@googlegroups.com
Since linking Panoramio to a Google+ account seems to be irreversible, why don't we take the chance to build a strong Panoramio community on Google+?  Together we stand, divided we fall.

© Tom Cooper

Dec 11, 2013, 9:29:53 AM12/11/13
to panoramio-que...@googlegroups.com
Draken,

Is that the Panoramio (unofficial) community I am currently owner of?  I can't use G+ at the office to check your link myself.

Tom

Draken

Dec 11, 2013, 9:36:40 AM12/11/13
to panoramio-que...@googlegroups.com
I don't know.

I imagine the one you are the owner of is the Unofficial Page.

I am following both,

hvbemmel

Dec 11, 2013, 10:25:49 AM12/11/13
to panoramio-que...@googlegroups.com
well, there is always https://www.facebook.com/groups/panoramiogroup/ which seems to work rather nice? Oh sorry, cursing in the church? ;-)

Draken

Dec 11, 2013, 10:33:53 AM12/11/13
to panoramio-que...@googlegroups.com
Is it a new website?  ;–)

© Tom Cooper

Dec 11, 2013, 12:49:02 PM12/11/13
to panoramio-que...@googlegroups.com
Farcebook?  What is this "Farcebook?"  <Sarcastic>Is this place where they collect all your information and share it with the US Government?  Because I am sure Google will never do such a thing.</Sarcastic>

Draken

Dec 11, 2013, 1:24:10 PM12/11/13
to panoramio-que...@googlegroups.com
If they all do the same (and I think they do), why are there so many angry birds here? Why are some users comparing one company with another if they all do the same (collect all your information)?  If you don't like your information to be collected (and I don't) don't use the internet and start a revolution. Or canvass against it, storm the streets, fight for your rights, press your representatives, but please don't dream you are going to achieve a substantial change in this respect insulting moderators and Team members alike on Panoramio for heavens' sake!!!

Luud Old

Dec 11, 2013, 5:23:24 PM12/11/13
Mod. edit. Draken
Unrelated issue. Stay on topic!!

Op woensdag 11 december 2013 19:24:10 UTC+1 schreef Draken:
Message has been deleted
Message has been deleted

HAMANA

Dec 11, 2013, 7:31:42 PM12/11/13
to panoramio-que...@googlegroups.com
Switching wasn't bad, isn't bad, that I lost my username is! In GE my old user name shows on every photo, but I can't retrieve it or change my current name.

Roger Heath

Dec 12, 2013, 12:49:23 AM12/12/13
to panoramio-que...@googlegroups.com
Anyone care to comment on this recent news item:
"The key is the PREF cookie from Google:

Google assigns a unique PREF cookie anytime someone's browser makes a connection to any of the company's Web properties or services. This can occur when consumers directly use Google services such as Search or Maps, or when they visit Web sites that contain embedded "widgets" for the company's social media platform Google Plus. That cookie contains a code that allows Google to uniquely track users to "personalize ads" and measure how they use other Google products."

Is this where Panoramio is going - users being tracked through their Google+ account, and that's why real names are required?

Panamon-Creel

Dec 12, 2013, 9:06:12 AM12/12/13
to panoramio-que...@googlegroups.com
Googles explanation of the cookies they use

On Wednesday, December 11, 2013 11:49:23 PM UTC-6, Roger Heath wrote:
Anyone care to comment on this recent news item:
"The key is the PREF cookie from Google:

Draken

Dec 12, 2013, 9:50:16 AM12/12/13
Panamon-Creel

Does anyone know whether  we –Panoramio users– are currently tracked through our Panoramio accounts and the IP addresses?

Panamon-Creel

Dec 12, 2013, 10:36:38 AM12/12/13
Draken, do you mean the tracking via the NSA taps that is one of the local or central nodes? :)
Fun aside, there are ways to track someone without any cookies or real names in G+ accounts if someone has the means and desire to do so.
Incognito mode certainly doesn't mask your IP ;)

Pierre Mirosa

Dec 12, 2013, 9:28:06 PM12/12/13
to panoramio-que...@googlegroups.com
Hello Draken : if you post photos of your travels, they don't need to use cookies to track you. XD . everybody know where you go. So it's a false problem.

Tracking began during cold war ; another example :remember W. Mark Felt (watergate) !

It is the peculiarity which I like in panoramio: people who belong to this community have notices, share them, quarrel, come to an agreement. The critical mind and the personality of each always exists! And it it is a big strength!

And it sees itself in photos: if we took 100 people of panoramio with the same camera and as we ask them to photograph a sunset, you will have 100 different photos. Why? My opinion is that the critical mind and the creativity of each did not die. Nobody is in the same mold.
It's Great !
Of what think of it you? Everybody
(sorry for my english , here 03:27 am...)

Le jeudi 12 décembre 2013 15:43:53 UTC+1, Draken a écrit :
Panamon-Creel

Does anyone know whether  we –Panoramio users– are currently tracked through our Panoramio accounts and the IP addresses?

Interesting link: https://support.google.com/chrome/answer/95464?hl=en-GB

ScrollLocke

Dec 16, 2013, 1:22:13 PM12/16/13
to panoramio-que...@googlegroups.com
Hi.

I have one gmail that manages many G+ Business Pages.
Those Business pages do not have their own login (no individual email addresses associated with each).
They are only accessible through the main management email.

So - I want to create a Panoramio account that is only associated with one of my many Business Pages.
I read in an earlier post that you can add a password to a Business Page - making it a "full" account.
But I do not have that option.  It doesn't appear in my settings per each page.

How do I connect one of my managed Business Pages with one Panoramio account?

Mislav Damjanić

Dec 20, 2013, 1:37:50 PM12/20/13
to panoramio-que...@googlegroups.com
Hi there,

I have a question!

I have connected my Panoramio account with Google + and I don`t want that! How can I undo this. I want my Panoramio account  to be under a different name than my Google. Can you help?

Kind regards,

sain...@gmail.com

Tomas K☼h☼ut

Dec 20, 2013, 6:31:08 PM12/20/13

On Friday, December 20, 2013 7:37:50 PM UTC+1, Mislav Damjanić wrote:
Hi there,

I have a question!

I have connected my Panoramio account with Google + and I don`t want that! How can I undo this. I want my Panoramio account  to be under a different name than my Google. Can you help?

Kind regards,

Sorry to say... In the explanation of this feature "Learn more" is written: this G+ integration is irreversible. Sometimes is better to read before and think twice. :-(

The Man in the Maze™

Dec 27, 2013, 5:20:35 AM12/27/13
I know that this sounds bad but Frankly speaking there are so many technical issues and problems that I no longer have time or feel I want to report them since I begun to experience so many problems when the New Panoramio was launched and despite my best efforts to report issues and try to respolve them I have experienced even more and more problems.  I do feel that a bit more testing should have been done behind the doors before making drastic changes. I hope that with time all the issues will be sorted out.

By the way I can no longer receive private messages or notifications (God only knows where they go!!!) so please don't bother to send them as I can't read them. I can only read messages if sent directly to email address directly or under my pictures in my gallery. By reading this post and the problems experienced by other members I feel very concerned by the idea of linking my Panoramio account to Google + profile -

Hans Sterkendries

Dec 27, 2013, 5:45:37 AM12/27/13
to panoramio-que...@googlegroups.com
I don't think linking the two causes problems. However, in my opinion the team has, untill this day, failed to show the benefits and the process cannot be reversed. So my suggestion would be: wait as long as possible!

© Tom Cooper

Dec 27, 2013, 9:22:28 AM12/27/13
to panoramio-que...@googlegroups.com
I have a tendency to try new things.  But Hans's philosophy is the one I've been using here.  Wait as long as possible.

Tom

aisavery

Jan 1, 2014, 2:43:12 PM1/1/14
to panoramio-que...@googlegroups.com
I've been reading through this forum for some time now and understand that it might be a possibility in the future to be able to reverse our linking of accounts - ?  If so, I fully support this exploration, as I apparently (am still somewhat confused) have two panoramio accounts (one with hotmail email address, one with gmail address) and would like to change over to just the gmail accoutn.  Question for now:  I can log into panoramio using either a hotmail email address or a gmail address, so would I be able to delete my hotmail panoramio account - or will that delete me entirely off of panoramio?   Part of my confusion arises from the fact that when I log in through gmail and try to join a forum, I am told that I don't have permission to do so.  When I tried a second time, logging in through gmail and clicking on this forum, my account avatar changed automatically to my hotmail avatar (I use two different avatars so that I can tell which account I'm in) with my old user name!  I also have the same problems as many of those above, in that I click on connect accounts and I am led in circles and cannot combine accounts.  Overall - much confusion with switch to google+.

Germaine Greer

Jan 5, 2014, 2:23:27 PM1/5/14
to panoramio-que...@googlegroups.com
Does it mean that from now on we need to link our Panoramio account to Google+ account?  Beginning January1, 2014, i cannot upload any new pictures to my Panoramio account and cannot figure out why.  It seems that I still have plenty of space on my account but cannot upload any new pictures.

Tomas K☼h☼ut

Jan 5, 2014, 3:32:45 PM1/5/14
No, link to G+ is optional at the moment.
I don't link my Panoramio profile and still can upload without problem.

What already might be mandatory is upgrade of Panoramio Account to Google Account (Google Account is not the synonym of G+), but you apparently have one - without Google Account, you would not be able to post here in the forum.

Did you try to upload from other device (PC), or disable browser plugins, to clean the browser cache, turn on Javascript, log out and login back?

motorhand

Jan 7, 2014, 2:35:27 AM1/7/14
to panoramio-que...@googlegroups.com
If Google wants to have more Panoramio-User in this G+ then Panoramio should do some things:

repair option: make the field for name longer. Now the original user-name inside the brackets is cut off and not readable.

best option: let us keep our panoramio user-name, without G+ name.

zerega

Jan 7, 2014, 6:53:42 AM1/7/14
to panoramio-que...@googlegroups.com
+1
Message has been deleted

Ticino Turismo

Jan 30, 2014, 9:01:46 AM1/30/14
to panoramio-que...@googlegroups.com
Hi,
has anything changed meanwhile? We use a google account (ticino...@gmail.comto log in to Panoramio (http://www.panoramio.com/user/4594400), and that account had a google + profile, Now we deleted that profile, so we only have a google + page (https://plus.google.com/+ticinoturismo ). We wish to link that page to our panoramio account: as far as I understand, that's not possible...right? Or is there a way? Thank you :-)

Tom Waugh

Jan 31, 2014, 10:54:09 AM1/31/14
to panoramio-que...@googlegroups.com
I've also just come on here for the first time this year to add more pictures to my Panoramio account and can't find the link to do so.

I do have a G+ account but haven't linked it yet as I understand that it isn't mandatory. I'm using the latest version of Firefox and have JS activated, emptied cache etc-

Any ideas anyone?

On Sunday, 5 January 2014 21:30:25 UTC+1, Tomas K☼h☼ut wrote:
No, link to G+ is optional at the moment.
I don't link my Panoramio profile and still can upload without problem.

What already might be mandatory is upgrade of Panoramio Account to Google Account (Google Account is not the synonym of G+), but you apparently have one - without Google Account, you would not be able to post here in the forum.

Did you try to upload from other device (PC), or disable browser plugins, to clean the browser cache, turn on Javascript, log out and login back?

Daniela Brocca

Jan 31, 2014, 11:00:44 AM1/31/14
to panoramio-que...@googlegroups.com
Use the camera above the page ;-)

davidcmc58

Feb 24, 2014, 2:13:51 AM2/24/14
to panoramio-que...@googlegroups.com
If you love Panoramio at all, please DO NOT link your Pano accounts to G+ accounts. My feeling is that Google can and will shut down Panoramio when majority of Pano members' photos are converted into their G+ accounts. This G+ linking business is a trap. Don't do it!!

Panamon-Creel

Feb 24, 2014, 9:39:28 AM2/24/14
to panoramio-que...@googlegroups.com
Yeah and if you don't link with a G+ account guys in black suits and dark sunglasses come visit you and zap your brain.

Reality check! IF big G brother has on its future roadmap to let go of Panoramio or assimilate it into something else then it will do so with or without the majority of  Pano users having linked to an G+ account. I guess you haven't learned on how it works from when the optional Google account was introduced here at Panoramio?  ;)
Personally I don't have my G+ account linked and will wait until it is absolutely necessary with the remote possibility that they get some of their issues resolved by then but I definitely don't do it with the false believe that it could save Panoramio in the G verse if they might decide to phase it out.

Lady GooGoo La La

Feb 24, 2014, 9:44:46 AM2/24/14
to panoramio-que...@googlegroups.com
Too late!

Draken

Feb 24, 2014, 9:47:11 AM2/24/14
to panoramio-que...@googlegroups.com
Panamon-Creel, with all due respect, aren't you under NDA?

What is next? Are you going to disclose the info regarding neuralyzers?

Panamon-Creel

Feb 24, 2014, 9:50:49 AM2/24/14
to panoramio-que...@googlegroups.com
maybe the man in black already visited me and by mistake also zapped my memory of the NDA
:)

© Tom Cooper

Feb 24, 2014, 12:17:27 PM2/24/14
to panoramio-que...@googlegroups.com
"We neither confirm nor deny zapping any moderator's memory of their NDA, of neuralyzers, or of the real purpose of the Google satellites."

davidcmc58

Feb 24, 2014, 12:37:00 PM2/24/14
to panoramio-que...@googlegroups.com
Too late? Maybe. I feel that Google still values our photos somewhat as they are used in GE, GM and API's. As long as the majority of the photos stay within Panoramio and Panoramio only, Google will be more hesitant about shutting this site down. While the eventual death of Panoramio seems imminent, we as loyal Pano members must unite and resist til the last photo upload. I am a Google fan and I use many Google products including G+.  Actually, I would  recommend everyone to join G+ because it is a great photo sharing tool for family/party type photos. However, Panoramio deserves to survive and stand on her own feet. Let's not sentence her to death by linking our Pano accounts to G+!

Tomas K☼h☼ut

Feb 24, 2014, 2:43:37 PM2/24/14
to panoramio-que...@googlegroups.com
David, if I understand  correctly... I was at the meeting of moderators with site developers, Panoramio admins and heads, end they've brought there these thoughts:

They said've they understand and appreciate uniqueness of Panoramio. They want to support Panoramio community.
They don't want to dissolve Panoramio within G+ photos.
So far so good. At least they've said it... (or I think they've said it).

Let's see, how these statements will be executed. In fact, we cannot do much more. Perhaps we can change a bit a road how some Google & Panoramio goals are achieved, but I guess, we are not asked to define their goals in this forum.

Statements above does not mean Panoramio admins have no intention for tighter integration of Google products & communities and sharing the parts of common features between products (like they did with forum engine, Google Account, comments in YouTube etc).
All we and I can do is to help them to understand better the community needs, to point out mistakes, bugs and wrong particular decisions and help them to make corrections.

hvbemmel

Feb 25, 2014, 12:39:41 AM2/25/14
to panoramio-que...@googlegroups.com
David has mentioned the possibility of Panoramio going the way of Picasaweb some times before.

I always answered that according to the info we have, which partly is under NDA, Google wants to keep a geo-based, community-based photo site that is not a part of Google+ in the long term. This is the reason Panoramio became part of the Geo team. I can not force anybody to believe this info.

BTW this is independent of the way I feel about the mess Panoramio still is in. I trust this will be solved eventually, but it takes way too long.

Hans Sterkendries

Feb 25, 2014, 4:25:17 AM2/25/14
to panoramio-que...@googlegroups.com
I just wanted to contribute because I don't want it to to look like David is alone with his concerns.

I don't doubt the good intentions of the people in charge of Panoramio but like most users I don't have access to the confidential information and therefore I see things that raise my concerns.

I've added a few Panoramio users to my G+ account and now my wall is overflown by the pictures that I used to look at on Panoramio, people insist on "sharing" those pictures so I get extra notifications about them and I get invited to groups like "The Best of my country" every f*cking day. So I can't help but wonder how easy it would be to pull the plug on Panoramio if more and more people start using Google+ as another Panoramio...

And the fact that it's taking ages to clean up the mess this site has become is not helping to re-assure...

Panamon-Creel

Feb 25, 2014, 9:42:43 AM2/25/14
to panoramio-que...@googlegroups.com
Hans, if the way of sharing photos on G+ appeals to people then they will go there no matter if someone calls for a "G+ boycott" or not.
The danger doesn't come from G+,  instead it comes from Panoramio itself losing its appeal to existing as well as to new users therefore them going for other available options. The best thing an individual can do here is to forward their concerns via the Panoramio Feedback and also encourage other users to do so as well.

Peter van Lom

Feb 26, 2014, 4:25:46 AM2/26/14
to panoramio-que...@googlegroups.com
Hi Hans,
Sharing is just a word. I try out a g+ account. An account not combined with PA. There I sometimes 'share' a link to a picture on PA or 500px. The intention is of course to draw potential viewers to my pictures on those sites. A minority of g+ users seem to 'share' all their pictures one at a time. Those users are quite irritating, I have to agree with you there. Otherwise albums are shared.

JeffSullivanPhotography

Apr 22, 2014, 6:13:16 PM4/22/14
to panoramio-que...@googlegroups.com
OK, I've linked the two accounts, but I don't see any obvious changes relative to exposure for images or discovery of other photographers.  Am I missing some detail?

One thing which could be interesting would be if Panoramio views counted towards the new Google+ "Views" count, as that could encourage Google+ users to participate on Panoramio and vice-versa.  Is that currently being done, or will it come in the future?

With additional metadata such as tags and locations Panoramio offers some interesting application opportunities not open to Google+ content at the moment, so I'd definitely like to see it stick around and perhaps gain some functionality.

Jeff

Paul J Battaiola

Nov 10, 2014, 1:35:57 PM11/10/14
to panoramio-que...@googlegroups.com
Hi  Some how I wound up with two panaramio acts., one under Paul Battaiola uid 223961 Paul J Battaiola uid 79030325  how, what do I need to do to combine these into one account.. both accounts ask me if I want to "Create a Google Plus" account.. appreciate any help, please email me at annwa...@yahoo.com

On Tuesday, November 12, 2013 1:19:48 PM UTC-7, Adam Lasnik wrote:
Hi everyone,

I'm happy to announce an option for you to gain more exposure for your photography and discover other great photographers by linking your Panoramio account to your Google+ profile.

hvbemmel

Nov 11, 2014, 12:10:21 AM11/11/14
to panoramio-que...@googlegroups.com
This is already covered in the thread you opened. This thread is about attaching your account to Google plus

Bluescape

Mar 10, 2015, 5:10:28 PM3/10/15
to panoramio-que...@googlegroups.com
Hi there,

I found this page a moment ago because I'm looking for a way to unlink Panoramio from Google+. Is there a way to do it?

Draken

Mar 10, 2015, 5:20:45 PM3/10/15
to panoramio-que...@googlegroups.com
I don't think so.

Tomas K☼h☼ut

Mar 10, 2015, 5:21:52 PM3/10/15

On Tuesday, March 10, 2015 at 10:10:28 PM UTC+1, Bluescape wrote:
Hi there,

I found this page a moment ago because I'm looking for a way to unlink Panoramio from Google+. Is there a way to do it?

No. See the link to FAQ in the opening post:

Rovi

May 27, 2015, 7:41:50 AM5/27/15
to panoramio-que...@googlegroups.com
Hi there!

What is the difference between Google account and +Page? I just clicked on button in Panoramio to link with google account and it offered me my gmail address I think. I clicked on it and it said "Connecting......." but never ended. I tried twice.
Sorry but I am not good in Google things. I did linking but not sure that it went ok.

On Tuesday, November 12, 2013 at 9:37:04 PM UTC+1, Adam Lasnik wrote:
Yes, but only that's the first Google account linked to the Panoramio account.

Here are the steps:
1) Create a Google account if that hasn't been done already.
2) Upgrade to Google+ (again, if not already done)
3) Create a +Page (e.g., "Draken's Photo Emporium, Inc.")
4) In the Google+ settings, add a password to this +Page, essentially making it its own full Google account.
5) Sign in to that new Google+ Page account.
6) Visit Panoramio.com and then follow the prompt to connect that (+Page) profile to Panoramio.
It is loading more messages.