Error message when opening my pictures on google earth

al siemens

Nov 19, 2014, 8:44:04 PM11/19/14
to panoramio-que...@googlegroups.com
my pictures don't open anymore on Google Earth all i get is a Error message ( 400. That’s an error.  Your client has issued a malformed or illegal request. That’s all we know.)  can anyone let me know why this is happening?  thanks

RoarX

Nov 20, 2014, 1:24:57 AM11/20/14
to panoramio-que...@googlegroups.com
I tried opening one of your photos found on page 4 in your gallery and had no problems. Do you also have this problem when opening other peoples photos?

I'm using Google earth version 7.1.2.2041

Wim Constant

Nov 20, 2014, 5:46:50 AM11/20/14
to panoramio-que...@googlegroups.com
I think the problem is on your side,
I had no problem opening one of your photos on Google Earth, version 7.1.2.2041

Tomas K☼h☼ut

Nov 20, 2014, 7:52:30 AM11/20/14
to panoramio-que...@googlegroups.com
As forum is not flooded with reports of this behaviour... it really seems to be a problem on your side. If you can, try to use another internet service provider and try different computer.

Tucky6

Nov 20, 2014, 11:39:14 AM11/20/14
Coincidence or external fault?
The user has the same Error 400 as the other user, which has been reported here in the forum,
see:
ATİLA SADIÇ
https://groups.google.com/d/msg/panoramio-questions-support/TD-ZcaIUH0k/bGtyPqMFxJkJ

Tomas K☼h☼ut

Nov 20, 2014, 5:20:11 PM11/20/14
Update:

Now I can see this 400 error on my photos too. Point is - this is related to photos from personal / group / tag KML file. Therefore it does not affect many users.
"Public" Panoramio photos (small blue/brown icons) are OK.
Also old style KML files are OK.

Last update of both types of KML files were at the end of August.

Examples of old and new KML files format attached.

I am going report this problem to team, however... no, I am going to give it a chance.
Tomas Kohout's photos (current style).kmz
Tomas Kohout's photos (old style).kmz
Message has been deleted

gergovie

Nov 24, 2014, 7:03:07 AM11/24/14
to panoramio-que...@googlegroups.com
Since novembre 18, i encounter the same problem and i joined Panoramio since six yars. THANK YOU

Tomas K☼h☼ut

Nov 24, 2014, 7:37:00 AM11/24/14
to panoramio-que...@googlegroups.com
Update:

Some photos from KML  files are displayed correctly, some do not. I see no pattern there.
E.g. this one is displayed correctly: http://www.panoramio.com/photo/75916880

gergovie

Nov 25, 2014, 6:25:37 AM11/25/14
to panoramio-que...@googlegroups.com
May I bring a testimony? When in Google Earth I click to see my own photos, it sometimes appears two squares: the little bring out,  my photo, the bigger shows the error message 400..

Tomas K☼h☼ut

Nov 25, 2014, 9:39:05 AM11/25/14
to panoramio-que...@googlegroups.com
I guess - bigger square is from KML file, smaller icon (resembling landscape) is "natural" Google Earth presentation.

mickea

Nov 30, 2014, 11:49:22 AM11/30/14
to panoramio-que...@googlegroups.com
Hi All
I have the same problem in the same GE version running on windows8.1. I can open other peoples pics and on a different laptop running windows vista I have no problems opening my own. Strange!
Mikea

On Thursday, November 20, 2014 1:44:04 AM UTC, al siemens wrote:
my pictures don't open anymore on Google Earth all i get is a Error message ( 400. That’s an error.  Your client has issued a malformed or illegal request. That’s all we know.)  can anyone let me know why this is happening?  thanks

Biketommy

Nov 30, 2014, 3:18:12 PM11/30/14
to panoramio-que...@googlegroups.com
I have the same problem. The small icons that appears when i click photo / Panoramio in Google earth works. The big icons from the Panoramio KML-file doesn´t work properly.  If I´m closer to earth I get more errors. If I´m a bit away I get no errors.

Tomas K☼h☼ut

Nov 30, 2014, 3:20:45 PM11/30/14
On Sunday, November 30, 2014 5:49:22 PM UTC+1, mickea wrote:
Hi All
I have the same problem in the same GE version running on windows8.1. I can open other peoples pics and on a different laptop running windows vista I have no problems opening my own. Strange!
Mikea

Mickea:
Did you read my post above from Nov. 20?
Is it your case - error only with "small thumbnail" photos from KML file  (not with the tiny blue/brown square icons)?

Michael Armstrong

Nov 30, 2014, 3:42:45 PM11/30/14
to Tomas K☼h☼ut via Panoramio Help Forum (Support & feedback)
Hi
Yes Tomas I read the post but in my lack of experience of the site I did not work out how to reply until now. My pics are shown as thumbnails and those are the ones I cannot open. However, as I explained the pics in GE on the vista laptop are the same thumbnails but open as usual. Isn't modern technology fun!!!
All the best.
mickea

On 30 November 2014 at 20:20, Tomas K☼h☼ut via Panoramio Help Forum (Support & feedback) <panoramio-questions-support+APn2...@googlegroups.com> wrote:
On Sunday, November 30, 2014 5:49:22 PM UTC+1, mickea wrote:
Hi All
I have the same problem in the same GE version running on windows8.1. I can open other peoples pics and on a different laptop running windows vista I have no problems opening my own. Strange!
Mikea

Did you read my post above from Nov. 20?
Is it your case - error only with "small thumbnail" photos from KML file  (not with the tiny blue/brown square icons)?

Tomas K☼h☼ut

Nov 30, 2014, 5:13:43 PM11/30/14
to panoramio-que...@googlegroups.com
Mickea,
I only want to ensure if your troubles are described correctly (and in fact are the same as those I've already reported to site admins).
There are more ways how to see the photos (or any other content) on Google Earth.
Basic one is for all GE users: tiny square icon resmebling landscape photo (like brown peak under blue sky). This shall currently work. For everyone.
Other individual option is to click on  view on map in someone's gallery on Panoramio.
It will load KML file with photos from displayed gallery to GE. Photos are represented by small photo thumbnails on GE. Thumbs are slightly bigger than icons mentioned above.
You can open left pane in GE (click icon on GE toolbar on the right side of icon with magnifying glass, or Ctrl+Alt+B) and check/uncheck option to display this KML file (look for something like "user_name's Photos"). Or you can delete this KML file from panel (select and press Del).

Note also this: some "thumbnails" are affected by this error, but some not!

On Sunday, November 30, 2014 9:42:45 PM UTC+1, mickea wrote:
Hi

rudsure

Dec 1, 2014, 7:01:50 PM12/1/14
to panoramio-que...@googlegroups.com
I've got the same experince.
Sorry but the tips from Noisette did not seem to work. Ill try it again some time later. But I saw there are two icons at the location of the photo. One with a preview and that doesnt work and one with just an icon whitch works fine. The coding of the links are below
This one gives an error

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?>
<kml xmlns="http://www.opengis.net/kml/2.2" xmlns:gx="http://www.google.com/kml/ext/2.2" xmlns:kml="http://www.opengis.net/kml/2.2" xmlns:atom="http://www.w3.org/2005/Atom">
<Placemark id="gUnique-com.google.mt0-iPFQCEjK4SY-MTUzMzA3NTYxNDc4NzQwMzA5Mg">
	<name>Walking up to Rútshellier</name>
	<styleUrl>#S_bffffffff_w3_I3f3249889a2d2716</styleUrl>
	<ExtendedData>
		<Data name="ftid">
			<value>1533075614787403092</value>
		</Data>
	</ExtendedData>
	<Point>
		<coordinates>-19.573291,63.522734,0</coordinates>
	</Point>
</Placemark>
</kml>

This one below works fine

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?>
<kml xmlns="http://www.opengis.net/kml/2.2" xmlns:gx="http://www.google.com/kml/ext/2.2" xmlns:kml="http://www.opengis.net/kml/2.2" xmlns:atom="http://www.w3.org/2005/Atom">
<Document>
	<name>KmlFile</name>
	<StyleMap id="1052801">
		<Pair>
			<key>normal</key>
			<styleUrl>#pano_cluster0n</styleUrl>
		</Pair>
		<Pair>
			<key>highlight</key>
			<styleUrl>#pano_cluster0h</styleUrl>
		</Pair>
	</StyleMap>
	<Style id="pano_cluster0n">
		<IconStyle>
			<scale>0.3</scale>
			<Icon>
				<href>http://kh.google.com:80/flatfile?lf-0-icons/panoramio_cluster_n1.png</href>
				<gx:w>32</gx:w>
				<gx:h>32</gx:h>
			</Icon>
		</IconStyle>
		<LabelStyle>
			<scale>0</scale>
		</LabelStyle>
		<BalloonStyle>
			<text>$[description]</text>
		</BalloonStyle>
		<LineStyle>
			<color>ff000000</color>
			<width>0</width>
			<gx:labelVisibility>1</gx:labelVisibility>
		</LineStyle>
		<PolyStyle>
			<color>ff000000</color>
		</PolyStyle>
	</Style>
	<Style id="pano_cluster0h">
		<IconStyle>
			<scale>0.5</scale>
			<Icon>
				<href>http://kh.google.com:80/flatfile?lf-0-icons/panoramio_cluster_n1.png</href>
				<gx:w>32</gx:w>
				<gx:h>32</gx:h>
			</Icon>
		</IconStyle>
		<LabelStyle>
		</LabelStyle>
		<BalloonStyle>
			<text>$[description]</text>
		</BalloonStyle>
		<LineStyle>
			<color>ff000000</color>
			<width>0</width>
			<gx:labelVisibility>1</gx:labelVisibility>
		</LineStyle>
		<PolyStyle>
			<color>ff000000</color>
		</PolyStyle>
	</Style>
	<Placemark>
		<name>Walking up to Rútshellier</name>
		<styleUrl>#1052801</styleUrl>
		<Point>
			<coordinates>-19.573291,63.522734,0</coordinates>
		</Point>
	</Placemark>
</Document>
</kml>

. Maybe someone with better programming skills can identifiy the difference.  GreetzFrank dM

rudsure

Dec 1, 2014, 7:07:50 PM12/1/14
to panoramio-que...@googlegroups.com
Obviously everything else is the same ic the same computer the same windows7 the same earth version the same network the same provider. And the problem seems to be only with the newer photo's

hvbemmel

Dec 2, 2014, 12:13:34 AM12/2/14
to panoramio-que...@googlegroups.com
Again, there are two kinds of photos to be seen. The first ones are hidden under an icon. They are directly provided by Panoramio

The there are little thumbnails. Those tumbnails come from a file you made yourself on your computer. This file is called a KML file, Keyhole Markup Language.
You can make this file by clicking on "your photos in GE" in the classic version. In the acrylic version you have to go to the world map. The link can then be found at the right bottom. The link looks like this http://www.panoramio.com/kml/?user=833860 (my user number, when you fill in your user number it will make a file from your photos)

As Panoramio will be terminated and the team refuses to communicate with us any more, we only can guess that they are shutting some services like this kml down. There is no use for us reporting this issue as there will be no answer. Google knows what´s good for you.

rudsure

Dec 2, 2014, 5:59:12 PM12/2/14
to panoramio-que...@googlegroups.com
The only way to make google listen is stopping to use there service. Start with searching throug http://www.ixquick.nl It also works in English, Japanese, and so on
:-)

gergovie

Mar 9, 2015, 6:45:53 AM3/9/15
to panoramio-que...@googlegroups.com
The problem persists in march 2015

Horace Wilson

Mar 9, 2015, 3:11:05 PM3/9/15
to gergovie via Panoramio Help Forum (Support & feedback)
That message will occur if you dont have the pictures turned on in both places including My places and G Earth

Horace E Wilson
2110 Windmill Run
Wimberley, TX 78676
512 963-3008 Cell

Michael Armstrong

Mar 11, 2015, 2:05:58 PM3/11/15
to Panoramio Help Forum (Support & feedback)
Hi
I have a tick against all my pics in My Places but it has made no difference and I cannot now open any pictures. Help
Mike

Kathleen Bishop

Tomas K☼h☼ut

Jan 28, 2016, 6:59:26 PM1/28/16
to Panoramio Help Forum (Support & feedback)
You cannot do anything to fix this error, that's Google task (and Google don't care).
However, you can use workaround - see my second post in this thread.