BUG REPORTS re: Panoramio Design Update

Adam Lasnik

Sep 18, 2013, 5:29:51 PM9/18/13
Please reserve this thread for bugs only.

For example, please let us know if doing something results in an error message, links go to the wrong place, or features from "classic" Panoramio are missing.

We'd really appreciate specific examples or related details!  For example, if a link or logo is broken, please point to the page; if some text gets cut off, please share a screenshot and tell us what browser you're using, and so on.

To help us tackle fixes more quickly, please put feature requests, suggestions, and general feedback in this other thread.

Thanks!

Fonfon

Aug 29, 2013, 8:54:43 PM8/29/13
to panoramio-que...@googlegroups.com
Hello Adam
A minor problem to signal (at least on the iPad). On the home page it is not possible to scroll down to see the entire user introduction. I have not tested with browsers in Windows or MacOS.
Regards
Patrick

Adam Lasnik

Aug 29, 2013, 8:56:59 PM8/29/13
to panoramio-que...@googlegroups.com
Hi Fonfon,

Could you clarify what you mean by "user introduction" please?  Thanks!

Fonfon

Aug 29, 2013, 9:27:35 PM8/29/13
to panoramio-que...@googlegroups.com
This is the free text you enter in your profile settings.

Adam Lasnik

Aug 29, 2013, 9:31:19 PM8/29/13
to panoramio-que...@googlegroups.com
Ah, user bio... got it.  Thanks!

chris65

Aug 29, 2013, 9:39:00 PM8/29/13
to panoramio-que...@googlegroups.com

"and you can switch back the same way"

Apparently not. I see no link to choose the new look, having switched back to classic.

Adam Lasnik

Aug 29, 2013, 9:52:12 PM8/29/13
to panoramio-que...@googlegroups.com
Hi Chris,

Sorry for the confusion.  You should be able to click on "Try the new Panoramio" on any photo page.

Merle_Layden

Aug 29, 2013, 10:04:24 PM8/29/13
to panoramio-que...@googlegroups.com
When you have clicked on a photo, the option to add or remove groups seems to have a defect:  some of the groups are missing the label "ADD"  while others have the "ADD" button.  Is there a reason for this, or is it a bug?

valije

Aug 29, 2013, 11:16:48 PM8/29/13
Hi

I don't know if I would call these "proper" bugs.

In the spanish version of groups frontpage I noticed a couple of minor flaws:
- It says "Discuciones de grupo" when it should say "Discusiones de grupo" in the section title.
- The same word is spelled correctly in the upper-left menu, but the first letter is not capital.

Edit:
- There is no look around link in photo page.

phamhoanghai

Aug 29, 2013, 11:02:33 PM8/29/13
to panoramio-que...@googlegroups.com
Hi Adam,

In the Explore --> World Map,
all theses options:
Popular, Recent, Places, Indoor and Tags
do not work.

It seems that theses functions have stopped working a few days back.
So I'm not sure if it is related to this update. Just want to report it.
Thanks

Shain Paiment

Aug 29, 2013, 11:55:02 PM8/29/13
to panoramio-que...@googlegroups.com
No group invitation manger, or I cant find it/

John Latter

Aug 30, 2013, 1:25:49 AM8/30/13
to panoramio-que...@googlegroups.com

Hi Adam,

The new display is too wide for my screen on the main page. Most of the right-hand column is missing and there's no horizontal bar at the bottom of the page so that I can scroll across and see my list of tags, etc.

John Latter

Adam Lasnik

Aug 30, 2013, 1:53:33 AM8/30/13
to panoramio-que...@googlegroups.com
Hi John,

Could you please tell me a bit about your computer setup? (e.g., Dell Latitude laptop, 1028x768 resolution, etc.)  Thanks!

Adam Lasnik

Aug 30, 2013, 1:54:41 AM8/30/13
to panoramio-que...@googlegroups.com
phamhoanghai, I believe that's unrelated, and we're looking into it!

Shain, yep, we're exploring how we can resurface that!

Galatas ©

Aug 30, 2013, 2:24:49 AM8/30/13
Hold down the Ctrl key and press the minus key. That will resize your page. (Use plus key to enlarge)

John Latter

Aug 30, 2013, 2:48:51 AM8/30/13
to panoramio-que...@googlegroups.com
Hi Adam,

My computer is a custom-built tower running Windows XP Pro. I have a 17-inch monitor set to a screen resolution of 1024x768.

The problem I have with the new Panoramio layout is occuring on both Firefox and Google Chrome browsers.

John Latter

thinsing

Aug 30, 2013, 3:07:51 AM8/30/13
to panoramio-que...@googlegroups.com
New Design wont auto fit to 1024*768 screen,
extended outside browser,
and no horizontal scroller appeared for this.

thinsing

Aug 30, 2013, 3:31:01 AM8/30/13

and as using Google Font, some letters broken when zoom out whole page in chrome. Just like in new GoogleMap

unnippillai

Aug 30, 2013, 3:27:00 AM8/30/13
to panoramio-que...@googlegroups.com
No way to go back to the New version from Classic page."Try the new Panoramio" Page is not seen anywhere on the page..Please guide in this respect.Thank you.....

MrChristopher

Aug 30, 2013, 3:32:27 AM8/30/13
to panoramio-que...@googlegroups.com
Hi Adam, when trying to add/remove a photo from a group, the add/remove button is missing if the group name exceeds the space allowed for it.

Regards

Chris

unnippillai

Aug 30, 2013, 3:34:34 AM8/30/13
to panoramio-que...@googlegroups.com
Sorry, I got this Link on the Individual photo page.....It is not available in the man photo Page........Thanks....

thinsing

Aug 30, 2013, 3:35:21 AM8/30/13
to panoramio-que...@googlegroups.com

even in 100% zoom, font not properly shown

On Friday, August 30, 2013 3:12:40 PM UTC+8, thinsing wrote:

and as using Google Font, some letters broken when zoom out whole page in chrome. Just like in new GoogleMap

Anton S.

Aug 30, 2013, 4:10:31 AM8/30/13
to panoramio-que...@googlegroups.com
On upload page, tag selection popup is overlapped by top bar. This makes it impossible to add new tags.
Latest stable Chrome, OS X. Screenshot:

zhunt

Aug 30, 2013, 5:42:30 AM8/30/13
the look around icons under pictures have gone, both on an individual photo page and the pages of photos in the collection

there are no next and previous buttons on indivdual photo pages to skip to the next and previous photo in the collection

Message has been deleted

junk0128

Aug 30, 2013, 6:13:58 AM8/30/13
to panoramio-que...@googlegroups.com

The zoom value of map
please refer to screenshot

new Panoramio: 12 -> 9 -> 12
classic Panoramio: 12 -> 9 -> 4
Please return to an old value.

My PC is windows8, Chrome

Regards,
Jun

2013年8月30日金曜日 9時45分45秒 UTC+9 Adam Lasnik:

zerega

Aug 30, 2013, 6:20:01 AM8/30/13

User introduction ...

... enter and double enters, even with a space in between, do not produce paragraphs. For now it's a long uninterrupted text only.

diarnedo

Aug 30, 2013, 8:17:21 AM8/30/13
to panoramio-que...@googlegroups.com
Hello Adam,

I've detected a minor bug. Some Usernames bellow Group's images appear cut. I've attached a screenshot. I'm using Chrome.

Regards,

diarnedo

Fonfon

Aug 30, 2013, 8:20:43 AM8/30/13
to panoramio-que...@googlegroups.com
Hi Adam
On home page just below the username there is a circular double arrow. When you click on it it takes you to an invalid page.
Regards

Fonfon

Aug 30, 2013, 8:25:58 AM8/30/13
to panoramio-que...@googlegroups.com
Hi Adam
When you go to Explore Groups, your own groups are displayed in a strange way. 2 sets of 10 groups on the same row, then 1 set of groups below aligned to the left. I guess this 3rd set should be aligned with the first two on the same row.
I am using iPad.
Regards

Daniel Pelletier

Aug 30, 2013, 1:13:20 PM8/30/13
Hello
I cant see the slideshow option (former explore) and prefered photos as well in the new presentation. I went to the former presentation and I cant switch to the new one to continue my exploration (what to do?)

hvbemmel

Aug 30, 2013, 8:36:07 AM8/30/13
to panoramio-que...@googlegroups.com
Fonfon, that´s a link sign; at the moment it´s still empty

Fonfon

Aug 30, 2013, 8:37:48 AM8/30/13
to panoramio-que...@googlegroups.com
Hi Adam
In addition to Chris' comment, even though the Add/Remove button is missing for long group names, you can still click on the empty space and it actually launches the appropriate action.
Regards

© Tom Cooper

Aug 30, 2013, 9:24:41 AM8/30/13
to panoramio-que...@googlegroups.com
On any other user's home page, there is no "tool  tip" text on the private message icon (envelope).  Platform: I.E. 9.0 using Win 7.

Tom

starMAN

Aug 30, 2013, 10:06:37 AM8/30/13
to panoramio-que...@googlegroups.com

hi Adam,

Four things at my first experience are missing:

- the next option, on the 'comment mode', when you want to see the next someone's picture;
- the favourite photos page you have previous selected;
- the explorer option in the user page;
- Look around pictures (and logo).

Other minor problems:
- Some of my pictures have a gray highlight instead of the translucent one;
- It is difficult to realize bold and italic on the gray background. Would be interesting if users could select it.

Kind regards, MAN

Kind regards, MAN

Pavel Hossain (পাভেল)

Aug 30, 2013, 10:14:08 AM8/30/13
to panoramio-que...@googlegroups.com
How can go update page please info me

RoarX

Aug 30, 2013, 10:17:17 AM8/30/13
to panoramio-que...@googlegroups.com
"Some of my pictures have a gray highlight instead of the translucent one"

This is because a translucent one would cover all or most of the image.  It was like that when we tested the beta version, it did not work well and we requested a change. It's only wide photos that have the gray thing.
Message has been deleted

RainoL

Aug 30, 2013, 10:47:51 AM8/30/13
to panoramio-que...@googlegroups.com
I added just some photos in two different sessions, and I had difficulties in adding a set of tags to them in both cases. The space for adding tags as a comma separated list was available only for the first few photos. For the others I couldn't bu select some tags from a list of existing tags. And adding the tags now later on to photos already uploaded into Panoramio is very tedious, since the csv list option is not available (hope it would be).

Rezkovi E&V

Aug 30, 2013, 1:07:07 PM8/30/13
                 NAME of fotos - in new Panoramio design :

In browser Google Chrome (Version  29.0.1547.62 m):
    Name of photos are displayed correctly :                          White text on background of dark gray strip.

In browser  Internet Explorer 8 (Version  8.0.6001.18702):           Dark gray strip is missing !
        So readability of white text is depending on the darkness of fotos.

In the case of long photos (panorama) - white text is placed under the photo
on light gray background of the page.  So the text  (name of foto) is almost invisible.

(I have a computer with Windows XP)
                                                                                V. Rezek

RainoL

Aug 30, 2013, 11:00:14 AM8/30/13
to panoramio-que...@googlegroups.com

In the classic layout there is a link "by User" under each photograph on the photo page. By clicking this you can open a gallery page with that photo. Is there a way to do so in the new layout as well?

Gianni Lupindo

Aug 30, 2013, 11:08:31 AM8/30/13
to panoramio-que...@googlegroups.com

Pages are too large and the horizontal scrool bar doesn't appear; for that I cannot see the right column and user menu of mine, then I have to zoom out my Google Chrome (v. 29) pages until 75% to click on them. The (temporary) screenshot here.

Bye.

Message has been deleted

zerega

Aug 30, 2013, 11:15:35 AM8/30/13

missing Add/Remove to/from group button ...

... same for me, but contrary to earlier posters clicking the blank space does not add to group (Firefox, Win7)

hvbemmel

Aug 30, 2013, 11:36:37 AM8/30/13
to panoramio-que...@googlegroups.com
click on the name of the user above the map

Urias E. Takatohi

Aug 30, 2013, 12:02:53 PM8/30/13
to panoramio-que...@googlegroups.com
At the picture page, vertical pictures don't fit the screen.
The arrows and thumbnails to browse nearby pictures is missing and I miss it.

Urias

coldwaterjohn

Aug 30, 2013, 12:52:23 PM8/30/13
to panoramio-que...@googlegroups.com
Precisely the same problem with Chrome 29.0.1547.57.m on p.c. operating Windows 7. With Default setting right portion is cut in half (vertically) and I need to shrink it (Ctrl and -) before entire page appears in terms of horizontal.

df3vi

Aug 30, 2013, 2:12:05 PM8/30/13
to panoramio-que...@googlegroups.com
I have a problem on the photo page: when adding or removing to a group, some "Add" resp. "Remove" buttons are in the wrong place, hiding under another button. No constant pattern however; once it is this, then it is some other buttons that disappear. Browser is Firefox 23.0.1

goribau

Aug 30, 2013, 2:17:46 PM8/30/13
to panoramio-que...@googlegroups.com
Some problems of the new design :

- The band with description at the bottom that cover part of the photo that it is not fully visible and appreciable from the main gallery.

- Allignement between photos of different size and resolution, especially vertical photos. Now it's very difficult to see the exact chronological     order of the photos.

- Thumbnails of the commented photos are too small, expecially if seen with laptop or notebook.

Tomros

Aug 30, 2013, 2:45:30 PM8/30/13
to panoramio-que...@googlegroups.com
First!

What is the reason for new design.

I do not see any.

make work project?

df3vi

Aug 31, 2013, 10:39:17 AM8/31/13
There is a strange thing not observed before: when going to the map from the "view on map" link on the user page, you have to click back three(!) times before you return to the user page.
The link "explore map" from the "Explore" menu needs two back-clicks to return to the previous page.

General bug on the map: as soon as you search for a place, you are flipped back to the "popular" tab, whatever tab you had selected before the search.

There is a big chaos on the group "photos" page (not the start page of a group), pictures are more or less in a random order. User names under portrait-format photos are cut after the first letter.
"Manage your photos" in a group is almost the same, random order, and between four to eight photos in a row (should be always six?).
No big surprise that "Add your photos" is almost the same chaos...

Update: when looking at group photos as a normal user, everything looks fine. But as soon as you are managing your photos, adding new photos, or are a manager/administrator of that group, chaos breaks loose..

GTW1226

Aug 30, 2013, 3:30:21 PM8/30/13
to panoramio-que...@googlegroups.com
I want to go back to the new layout!

Daniela Brocca

Aug 30, 2013, 3:48:19 PM8/30/13
to panoramio-que...@googlegroups.com
Go to the photo page.

Trintignant

Aug 30, 2013, 4:33:17 PM8/30/13

On Friday, 30 August 2013 02:45:45 UTC+2, Adam Lasnik wrote:
Please reserve this thread for bugs` only.

Hyperlinks are not anymore indicated unless you move over with the Mouse pointer. See example ("Messe München" is the hyperlink). My Browser is ie10.

Maxine Penkethman

Aug 31, 2013, 6:57:49 AM8/31/13
to panoramio-que...@googlegroups.com
I cannot find the group manager button.  ie, when you invite people to groups or are invited to one.  I can get to my own via going in through the actual group on the left hand side.  Am I looking at it or is it missing?

On Friday, August 30, 2013 1:45:45 AM UTC+1, Adam Lasnik wrote:
Please reserve this thread for bugs` only.

Kevin Childress

Aug 31, 2013, 7:21:31 AM8/31/13
to panoramio-que...@googlegroups.com
As far as I am concerned, this is a big bug! If Panoramio is "editing" our images in any way, then something is indeed broken. This is a big show-stopper for me ...

I upload my images to Panoramio sized to 920 pixels on the long edge. The photo page is not respecting my image upload size and is up-sizing the photo to 1,100 pixels on the long side (viewing on a 24" display)!

This is the same problem that exists in the "lightbox" view. Come on, Panoramio, give us a break. Please respect our (the photographers') image sizes!!!!

df3vi

Aug 31, 2013, 10:47:50 AM8/31/13
to panoramio-que...@googlegroups.com
I have a problem with the forum in the new design: posts that already have been displayed are not opened again when you click on them. It just says "will be loaded" in all lines, and nothing happens thereafter. In the old design, it shows the preview and opens when clicked on.

Egil Orndal

Aug 31, 2013, 12:42:30 PM8/31/13
to panoramio-que...@googlegroups.com
I'm using a Dell Satelittite P750-115 running Windows 7 with a screen resolution of 1366 x 768. In Firefox the pages are correctly displayed, but in Internet Explorer 10 the rightmost parts (about 1/8th of the screen width) of the pages isn't displayed and there's no way to do a horizontal scroll either. Also had trouble getting the new uploader to work with Firefox (didn't try with Internet Explorer). Last three of 8 photos simply refused to upload with a server connection error message being displayed. Tried several times with the same result. Then switched to Classic and tried the old uploader and it worked first time.

Fallingwater

Aug 31, 2013, 12:50:33 PM8/31/13
to panoramio-que...@googlegroups.com
Hello,
I could not get to the group that I own/manage, so I went back to the Classic view to use the link. But, now I can't get back to the new format. How do I get back, and then how do I access my group.
Thanks.

Matthew Walters

Aug 31, 2013, 1:24:25 PM8/31/13
to panoramio-que...@googlegroups.com
Go to a photo page, there is a link 'Try the new Panoramio'

the_sz

Aug 31, 2013, 2:29:01 PM8/31/13
to panoramio-que...@googlegroups.com
The "Delete photo" and "Mark as best" links below a picture have different font size and are not vertically aligned.

Message has been deleted

RoarX

Aug 31, 2013, 2:46:07 PM8/31/13
to panoramio-que...@googlegroups.com
"Finally, what is the little symbol next to the profile picture?  It is obviously supposed to be a link to something, but what?"

Yes it's a link. You can set the link in your settings page. In the previous design the link URL where visible, but currently not in this one.

axking77

Aug 31, 2013, 3:45:17 PM8/31/13
to panoramio-que...@googlegroups.com
I regret to say that does not have the new design, the statistical tools "PhotoSheetPano" by Pierre Dablon more access to the images. With the stored in red note "This user has no photos sent", it remains at rest.

Ronald Losure

Aug 31, 2013, 5:51:00 PM8/31/13
to panoramio-que...@googlegroups.com
The problem seems to be related to the length of the group name. The "Add" button does not appear for groups with long names.

On Thursday, August 29, 2013 9:04:24 PM UTC-5, Merle_Layden wrote:
When you have clicked on a photo, the option to add or remove groups seems to have a defect:  some of the groups are missing the label "ADD"  while others have the "ADD" button.  Is there a reason for this, or is it a bug?

Fallingwater

Aug 31, 2013, 5:59:51 PM8/31/13
to panoramio-que...@googlegroups.com
Thanks Mathew. That worked.  Is there a direct link to the group I manage?

Syborgh

Aug 31, 2013, 6:04:40 PM8/31/13
to panoramio-que...@googlegroups.com

Syborgh

Aug 31, 2013, 6:19:55 PM8/31/13
to panoramio-que...@googlegroups.com
Buggy business, new presentation..

Showing my photo's in Google Map doesn't work any longer in my state-of-the-art web browser Opera. The page at <http://www.panoramio.com/map/?user=3331041> has according to W3c's Markup Validation Service "33 Errors found while checking this document as HTML5!"
Try and read it yourself at: <http://validator.w3.org/
They even give you the Validation Output with all the errors.

By the way.. I hate the new design; I think it a poorly designed presentation and to much a look-alike of New Flickr which I hate as well..

Best regards, - Syborgh

Diane

Sep 1, 2013, 3:44:18 AM9/1/13
to panoramio-que...@googlegroups.com
Greetings -  A lot of my Add buttons on the group list are missing.  Maybe 1/3 of them.

Egil Orndal

Sep 1, 2013, 4:41:37 AM9/1/13
to panoramio-que...@googlegroups.com
I am using Firefox on a Dell Satelite P750-115 running Windows 7. When adding tags while using the new uploader the top part of the window is sometimes not shown making it impossible to type in a new tag to add to that particular photo. Only previously defined tags may be added to that particular photo. The workaround at the moment is to add it using the general tag menu on the right, but this addds the tag for all photos in the batch which means removing the tag from all other photos the tag doesn't apply to from the batch being uploaded.
Message has been deleted

♠ c0l0gne1 ♣

Sep 1, 2013, 5:32:39 AM9/1/13
Maybe I'm just too stupid to find it ( but in G+ it's the same):

The map on the photo page shows the satellite view without labels. I can activate labels by ticking the box but lose them again when opening the next photo. Is there a way to make my choice stick?
Message has been deleted

Derek Graham

Sep 1, 2013, 8:18:38 AM9/1/13
to panoramio-que...@googlegroups.com

Hi, I cannot see the 'tags' on photos in the new version.

Matopée

Sep 2, 2013, 7:44:54 AM9/2/13
to panoramio-que...@googlegroups.com
Hello,
When I want to add or delete a photo to/from a group (from the photo page), sometimes the button "add" or "delete" is missing : you may have 6 or 7 buttons and 3 or 4 missing...

Another thing : the pictogram "look around" is missing on the photo list and on the photo pages : I can't access anymore to the "look around" panoramas.

Kevin Childress

Sep 2, 2013, 8:30:54 AM9/2/13
to panoramio-que...@googlegroups.com
Bump ...

On Saturday, August 31, 2013 7:21:31 AM UTC-4, Kevin Childress wrote:
As far as I am concerned, this is a big bug. If Panoramio is "editing" our images in any way, then something is indeed broken.

I upload my images to Panoramio sized to 920 pixels on the long edge. The photo page is not respecting my image upload size and is up-sizing the photo to 1,100 pixels on the long side (viewing on a 24" display).

®mene

Sep 2, 2013, 9:12:17 AM9/2/13
to panoramio-que...@googlegroups.com
Thanks Adam for that replacing hint, so I put these suggestions and missings in this forum.

I am missing any button to finish that multiple assign of tags to a certain image. That button was located in the top of a page when assiging tags was processing.

2nd missing is the absence of navigation buttons when showing that regular sample of the recent images. I suppose that is already marked.

3rd thing I miss a more correct positioning of the images. In case it is that there are columns goes down and ends in different lines at the end. The classic view shows a better behavior. I think that is well done in that FlickR Forum.

Good things:
The images are shown in a bigger (medium?) size as a preview. Makes me more curious to click them.
And: The look and feel will be more professional and state of the art like. That is a nice way.

Go on I'd say :)

cheers, michael

♠ c0l0gne1 ♣

Sep 2, 2013, 10:47:59 AM9/2/13
to panoramio-que...@googlegroups.com
Adding photos to groups using the main group page and the "Add photos" button:
 - photos aren't shown in any recognizable order, but showing lots of empty spaces
 - some photos can't be added at all (don't show a frame when clicked), the newest photo always seems to be affected
 - some photos are partially overlaid by the backward/ forward arrows, clicking them (avoiding the arrow) only changes the page,
   the photo can't be added to the group

Adding photos to groups using "Photos", "Add Photos" button:
 - empty spaces, photos wobbling when clicked
 - adding photos seems to work

Adding photos to groups using "Photos", "Manage your photos", "Add Photos" button:
 - empty spaces, photos wobbling when clicked
 - some photos can't be added at all (don't show a frame when clicked), the newest photo always seems to be affected

Adding photos to groups from the individual photo page:
 - as mentioned by other users photos can't be added to groups with longer names

(Windows XP, FF 23.0.1)

Daan Prinsloo

Sep 3, 2013, 4:32:00 AM9/3/13
to panoramio-que...@googlegroups.com
Hi Adam I don't know if it is a bug, but when I opened my account there was a link back to the classic view, which I clicked and it returned to classic. Now in classic I don't find anything with which I can switch to the new view. Any ideas?

Hans Sterkendries

Sep 3, 2013, 4:35:59 AM9/3/13
to panoramio-que...@googlegroups.com
Daan, had the same problem. Not a bug. The link back is on page of every individual photo e.g. http://www.panoramio.com/photo/95329201

Hans Sterkendries

Sep 3, 2013, 4:43:13 AM9/3/13
to panoramio-que...@googlegroups.com
The circular double arrow seems to direct (at least in my case) to the website in your profile.

However, there seems to be a bug with this: I found at leats two users (e.g. http://www.panoramio.com/user/2440826) that had the icon but no url attached to it...

On Friday, August 30, 2013 2:20:43 PM UTC+2, Fonfon wrote:
Hi Adam
On home page just below the username there is a circular double arrow. When you click on it it takes you to an invalid page.
Regards

Hans Sterkendries

Sep 3, 2013, 4:56:52 AM9/3/13
to panoramio-que...@googlegroups.com
On the user's homepages it says

xxxx photos
xxxx on Google Maps

Should be Google Earth, I guess.

Unless this has something to do with the mysterious "more exposure on GM"...

Daan Prinsloo

Sep 3, 2013, 6:26:28 AM9/3/13
to panoramio-que...@googlegroups.com
Thanks Hans, much appreciated. I'm having more time for these things now.

CliveM

Sep 3, 2013, 7:16:42 AM9/3/13
to panoramio-que...@googlegroups.com
What has happened to the "Report inappropriate or offensive" link in the new layout? I discovered some blatant advertising but had to switch back into the classic layout to report it.

hvbemmel

Sep 3, 2013, 7:56:30 AM9/3/13
to panoramio-que...@googlegroups.com
well it is there, but this is one of the things that should change.

1. put on your glasses
2. under the photo at the right side next to the photo stats there is a flag (obviously not under your own photos)

CliveM

Sep 3, 2013, 8:23:30 AM9/3/13
to panoramio-que...@googlegroups.com
So it is - I had a look (with my glasses on) on one of your photos (and didn't use the flag, of course) and did indeed find an unlabelled flag next to the view count. To be fair, the flag does have a tooltip if you move the mouse pointer over it, but if I accidentally stumble upon some pornography, particularly in a place where others can see what I'm doing, I don't particularly want to spend a lot of time hovering over every piece of screen furniture just in case it's a "Report" link!

I believe it's an axiom of interface design that "If the user can't find it, it isn't there".

Hans Sterkendries

Sep 3, 2013, 9:11:25 AM9/3/13
to panoramio-que...@googlegroups.com
When you click "add tags" to a single picture during upload, the tag box pops up (either to the top or the bottom of the page, depending on the number of picture you're uploading).

When it pops up to the top, the box where you can type/paste your tags disappears behind the Panoramio/Google Maps bar.

Adam Elmquist

Sep 3, 2013, 5:26:11 PM9/3/13
to panoramio-que...@googlegroups.com
Adding photos to Groups, I'm sure someone may of already reported this bug..  I was adding a photo to some groups and because the name of some of the groups are long, the apply button is well hidden where it is hard to click the apply button..

LuciaM

Sep 4, 2013, 3:58:09 AM9/4/13
to panoramio-que...@googlegroups.com
When using my expanded tag list to add/edit tags in the gallery view, I do not see a button to clear the last selected group of tags. Since I have nearly 600 of them, having to scroll through them to click 'done' for each selected tag is a pain.

I could have sworn that there was an 'I'm Done' button that appeared above the thumbnails in the tag editing mode, which cleared out the selected tags, but I'm also not seeing it in the Classic View now.

Hans Sterkendries

Sep 4, 2013, 5:04:11 AM9/4/13
to panoramio-que...@googlegroups.com
Lucia, the Add button now becomes a Done button, both in the Classic View and the new design. But it's a pain in the ass when you're applying multiple tags at once.

hvbemmel

Sep 4, 2013, 7:44:31 AM9/4/13
to panoramio-que...@googlegroups.com
The I´m done button for all is now in the middle of the photos, which is a bug, because clicking that "I´m done" will open the photo under it.
Message has been deleted

©theWolfsEye☼

Sep 4, 2013, 8:02:12 AM9/4/13
to panoramio-que...@googlegroups.com

HAVE THEY REALLY FORGOT ALL USERS WITH A 4:3 SCREEN??? WHAT A SHAME!!

LuciaM

Sep 4, 2013, 11:03:35 PM9/4/13
to panoramio-que...@googlegroups.com
Thanks, Hans. It looks like I'll be refreshing the page after each tag group I enter, which is a bit faster than turning each tag off. Pfui.

sixten_imgs

Sep 5, 2013, 2:44:38 AM9/5/13
to panoramio-que...@googlegroups.com
Something wrong with the Explore/World Map view in the Opera browser? I am using the 12.16 version and it does not show the world map at all (just the top navigation bar of the page). The Chrome browser does.

Another thing worth checking may be the ex-Eplore view of Panoramio. The Chrome shows the photo-list photos in three nice rows like before but in Opera there are only two rows of photos and quite an awfully distributed.

Little feedback on this issue. Panoramio is pretty much wasting the classic Explore and its slideshow possibilities if there is not a button for them in the new design. Bringing the ex-Eplore in better use might be an answer for many users who dislike the new design. In ex-Explore there are slideshows available
, no texts over the thumbnails, horizontal view, no big and nice looking portrait photos, no empty space on the screen, nice straight bottom line at the end of the pages. Who could ask for more!

How about bringing the good old Explore back and alive by giving it a button and a new name? "Slideshows"?

Message has been deleted

RainoL

Sep 5, 2013, 2:19:14 PM9/5/13
to panoramio-que...@googlegroups.com
The Explore view seems to be still there - even with the same functionality -  but launching it needs some extra clicks compared to the 'classic' Panoramio. If you click the photo on a photo page, the Explore view opens. After this you can use the buttons in the menu bar in the upper part of the screen as before (for instance for switching between the one-photo and photo-list modes).

RainoL

Sep 5, 2013, 2:23:36 PM9/5/13
to panoramio-que...@googlegroups.com

After selecting the photos by a tag - for instance, http://www.panoramio.com/user/5346283/tags/snow - the 'All photos' link is not available (the links 'Best photos' and 'View on map' are there).

Remco van D

Sep 5, 2013, 4:13:58 PM9/5/13
to panoramio-que...@googlegroups.com
When you use the search field in the top bar (next to EXPLORE) you are automatically logged out. Furthermore the alignment of the search field is not proper. It says: "rch for a place", same if you start to enter text. Suggestions do not align either.

asumtown

Sep 5, 2013, 4:28:09 PM9/5/13
to panoramio-que...@googlegroups.com
I think the circular double arrow is supposed to be a chain link to represent the link to your website. However, like you say Hans, if you don't put a web link in this field in the settings, it defaults to having a link to "http:///" rather than not having a link attatched to it, which isn't much use as clicking it just comes up with 'invalid URL' of something similar.
It is loading more messages.