Inappropriate Option for misplaced photos.

gabe69velasquez

Aug 21, 2009, 1:53:06 PM8/21/09
to panoramio-que...@googlegroups.com
I've have seen some very sloppy and very incorrect placement of photos on Google Earth and I am thinking there should be an option to report these gross errors, for now I intend to use the Inappropriate option next to the photo to get in problem looked at. Can anyone suggest something or talk to an administrator who also considers this a problem?? Some users should have "move picture" privaleges to correct placement automatically, is the an acceptable possibility??

Matthew Winn

Aug 21, 2009, 2:09:21 PM8/21/09
to panoramio-que...@googlegroups.com
Quote gabe69velasquez:
I've have seen some very sloppy and very incorrect placement of photos on Google Earth and I am thinking there should be an option to report these gross errors

What's wrong with the "Misplaced? Suggest new location" link under the picture?

Galatas ©

Aug 21, 2009, 2:14:14 PM8/21/09
to panoramio-que...@googlegroups.com
Using the "Inappropriate" button for photos that are of acceptable content is wasting your time and that of the reviewer.
Use the "Misplaced ?" button that appears alongside every mapped photo.
If the user fails to react , just forget it and move on.
Your suggestion to have a team for moving wrongly positioned photos has been raised and rejected many times. The main reason being no one has the intensive knowledge of a large area that would be needed. It would take the combined knowledge of thousands of volunteers just to cover one small country.

pramsec

Aug 22, 2009, 4:50:33 AM8/22/09
to panoramio-que...@googlegroups.com
[quote="Galatas"]Using the "Inappropriate" button for photos that are of acceptable content is wasting your time and that of the reviewer.

Use the "Misplaced ?" button that appears alongside every mapped photo.
If the user fails to react , just forget it and move on.

G'day, I'm a newbie but have toured some of the places where I see misplaced photographs when I have been "Google Earthing" past holiday sites.

If somebody clicks on "Misplaced Photo" what happens? Does the original poster of the photo receive a notification that somebody objects to his/her "point of view"? There are some pictures of Dubrovnik, for one example, where it is obvious that the picture has been taken from some other position when one aligns the camera position with the point it is alleged to be from. If the photographer is not notified that the picture is from a different position than he/she has indicated then what is the point of having the option "Misplaced Photo"?

A propos of this I wondered if it were not possible for Panoramio to arrange for the little blue squares to be changed to some other icon which showed the direction that the camera was pointing when the picture was taken. This might just jog the memory of the posting photographer to check the image being posted against the geography of the location.

Galatas ©

Aug 22, 2009, 9:15:41 AM8/22/09
to panoramio-que...@googlegroups.com
Quote pramsec:

If somebody clicks on "Misplaced Photo" what happens? Does the original poster of the photo receive a notification that somebody objects to his/her "point of view"?

Yes , that's exactly what happens. It is then up to the photographer to accept or reject the change. If he ignores or rejects the change there is nothing further anyone can do. That's life. Deal with it.

Quote pramsec:
propos of this I wondered if it were not possible for Panoramio to arrange for the little blue squares to be changed to some other icon which showed the direction that the camera was pointing when the picture was taken. This might just jog the memory of the posting photographer to check the image being posted against the geography of the location.

This subject has been discussed many times. Please take the time to browse the forums and FAQ for more information.

O.KIRK

Aug 22, 2009, 12:36:54 PM8/22/09
to panoramio-que...@googlegroups.com
have you ever thought, if it was compulsory to change a position of a photo because some one esle said so ,that the hoaxers would have afree for all ,
sometimes genuine mistakes are made by people who think they have seen this or that place before ,
also so some tell you it is wrong, asking it to be placed on top of the subject . when you have placed it where you stood at the time as suggested by pan and ge

Deep.blue

Aug 22, 2009, 1:30:45 PM8/22/09
to panoramio-que...@googlegroups.com
yes,this is a much touched on subject and i recall Hogan of Grenada making a suggestion of allowing a certain few with a knowlege of an area,to have the right to move images to their correct location should a request be ignored.(or perhaps the user no longer drops by to look!!)
Seems to make sense to me.it is obvious that people use many ploys to to increase their view counts,including placing an image apart from the others to make them stand out.there are of course holiday folks who make a mistake and welcome advice from locals.
As for accepting this as life,im not so sure.If google earth is not a reliable source,then perhaps it should say so,otherwise it should put its house in order.john

Draken

Aug 22, 2009, 1:46:45 PM8/22/09
to panoramio-que...@googlegroups.com
In theory, it is a wonderful idea. We all long for the most accurate information. In practice, is not feasible.

One simple example. Let's suppose you live in a big city: London. NY, Sao Paulo, Buenos Aires. How well do you know the city? Very well? Extremely well?

I live in Buenos Aires and I know it very well but am I capable of recognizing any photo taken in Buenos Aires? No, of course not. There are neighbourhoods I rarely go. So, how many experts do you need for Buenos Aires? Perhaps 20 or 30, perhaps more. Well, Buenos Aires only has 78,5 square miles. Now try to calculate the amount of experts you need on the whole planet.

Besides, who would decide that those 20 or 30 users every 78,5 square miles are really reliable? Who is going to select them?

What about rural areas? The only knowledgeable people are the locals. Sometimes they don't even have electric power, let alone a computer with internet connection to become a Panoramio user or to use Google Earth. Who is going to be a reliable source in those areas?

Excellent idea but impracticable.

Deep.blue

Aug 22, 2009, 2:06:39 PM8/22/09
to panoramio-que...@googlegroups.com
Well,thankyou for your honest viewpoint.it was not my idea but one that certainly needed repeating as it had been lost in time and was/is of course credible.
I personally have seen images up to 10km out on coastal regions which i know like the back of my hand.Others in the wrong village as people have no idea where they are,or just want to upload something misguided.
I see google earth more and more as something less and less worth participating in as what i upload with care is undervalued by apathy.
I fully accept that in certain areas,the afore mentioned idea could pose issues but i suspect it falls upon all of us to find a solution as,otherwise,this site becomes worthless as a source, and merely become a mutual appreciation society for a few snaps.what would you suggest???
very best wishes from Breizh.john

looftigooz

Aug 22, 2009, 8:39:35 PM8/22/09
to panoramio-que...@googlegroups.com
Quote gabe69velasquez:
I've have seen some very sloppy and very incorrect placement of photos on Google Earth and I am thinking there should be an option to report these gross errors, for now I intend to use the Inappropriate option next to the photo to get in problem looked at. Can anyone suggest something or talk to an administrator who also considers this a problem?? Some users should have "move picture" privaleges to correct placement automatically, is the an acceptable possibility??

spoken like a true prodigy :D ...my FAQ is exactly the same and on top of my loooong list .

I mean whtas the point if I say or pinpoint the Eiffel tower in Praha [mini version from World Expo back in 60`s] and compare it with real one in Paris...but hey, my pic is hanging on GE...nevermind than...:?

Some moderators should pay extra attention on this topics and try to step up and listen or exchange info with others...becouse one day no one will post anything and for those pics allready inside many ppl will not take it seriously.

Matthew Winn

Aug 23, 2009, 1:28:20 AM8/23/09
to panoramio-que...@googlegroups.com
We're all sick of misplaced pictures. But what do you actually expect to happen? There's no automated way of detecting misplaced pictures: in order to find them the position of every single photograph - tens of millions of them - would have to be checked by a human. That's far more than any practically-sized team of dedicated reviewers could do.

The approach Panoramio takes is to divide the task among all the users of the site and allow the public to reposition pictures. If you know an area well enough to know that a picture is out of position then you can put it in the right place. Adopting an attitude of "Someone (else) should do something" isn't helpful. Unless you can come up with a better solution that is actually achieveable, make use of the existing feature and help make Panoramio a better place for everyone.

The only change I would like to see is a way of saying "I don't know where this picture should go but the current position is certainly wrong". There's a picture near me that shows a large mountain. I have no idea where this mountain is, but it's not here, that's for sure.

Deep.blue

Aug 23, 2009, 2:10:00 AM8/23/09
to panoramio-que...@googlegroups.com
Well,it does warm my heart to see so many people are fed up with this issue which tells me that something may be done.people complained about spamming and that has gone away.
It is a problem that people either ignore requests to move a shot or no longer use pano as they get bored and thus the shot stays.
clicking on the inappropriate box may leave the reviewer scratching their heads as to why it has been flagged.
having been pondering this problem over my morning cuppa,i have come up with two probably unuseable solutions but here goes.....
1) Where a photo has been flagged as misplaced but the user is no longer on pano,after a period of time,this pops up on the reviewer/moderators screen who can simply look at the text for reasons for remapping,and if it is obvious the person is local,or has good knowledge of the area,then the reviewer/ moderator clicks the accept box.job done.
2) Another solution would be to have catergories or reasons come up on the screen when you click on the inappropriate button,and have "misplaced" among them with space for text on explanation.They could then delete the image if it is way out which certainly would give GE more cred in my books.This is not as good a solution to me as the first as nobody wants to see images deleted but find a home for them.I suppose misplaced ones could be just taken off the map,rather than deleted.
Anyway,back to slurping my nearly cold tea.john

hvbemmel

Aug 23, 2009, 2:49:32 AM8/23/09
to panoramio-que...@googlegroups.com
for a right geographical placement (which is is very important to me) there are more things that should get fixed.

example:
I'm standing in the middle of a town and make a photo. I upload this photo to PA. my placement is correct (using gps and my brains). then I look above my photo and read that I placed this photo in an other town (according to the database). I can do two things. I think by myself, that database sucks and leave my photo there or I am going to experiment till the database says I am in the right town.

The known issue about the database exists "very long". The placement is totally inaccurate and it still remains.

I have reported photos to the team of wrong placements, miles off with proof of the right location. The photos still remain. I reported photos like a mayan temple in the middle of the alps, the eiffeltower in st. petersburg and so on. I have given up to look if they are replaced yet. The only way they disappear is when the user closes his account.

As long as PA or GE are not interested in geographical accuracy we can discuss in this forum till hell freezes over! :cry:

gabe69velasquez

Aug 23, 2009, 11:02:30 PM8/23/09
to panoramio-que...@googlegroups.com
Quote Matthew Winn:
The approach Panoramio takes is to divide the task among all the users of the site and allow the public to reposition pictures. If you know an area well enough to know that a picture is out of position then you can put it in the right place.

- That's the point you are missing, I CAN'T MOVE IT, I would move the picture if i could, but it is someone elses picture, someone who may be gone and not returning, from lacking interest or just dead. did it occur to you they could be dead. You are wrong, I can't move other's photos. :?

Quote Matthew Winn:
Adopting an attitude of "Someone (else) should do something" isn't helpful. Unless you can come up with a better solution that is actually achieveable, make use of the existing feature and help make Panoramio a better place for everyone.

- This is a really insulting misquote. :x
What I actually said indirectly was give ME the the ability to move the photo when I know it is wrong. Perhaps it is not a good idea to give that option to everyone, but these people who think it can't be fixed are stuck in their little boxes should only speak for themselves.
:idea: I would suggest that there are trustworthy people on here and you can guage them. The system can keep track of a tally of points, very much like the grading of comments on YOUTUBE, and every time you come across a very accurate placement of a photo you can grade it and/or the users who posted it. As in I trust or admire this users accuracy. When a user has established their accuracy (overall tally or per photo) then after a certain score, they can be given the option to move photos. Perhaps a period of waiting for the upload user to respond to the suggestion to move is a good idea. Perhaps the suggestion of two or more users to move the photo should be a prerequisite before the photo is open to move by rated users.
:wink: This is a solution to the problem, without the attitude that someone else should do something. I am willing to do something, but what I am allowed to do at the moment is not enough because it can be ignored, ineffectual.
8) This is just off the top of my head. If real administrator level users got their heads together they should be able to think of better then little old me, or perhaps they have their repective heads in the sand, to busy trying to tell people how limited they always have been and always will be because the word progress has been magically deleted from their own dictionaries.
:D I have come across placements that are horrible, but also placements that are worthy of complements and have my admiration. these later people deserve my vote, and I would like to give it to them!
Fix it, get your god damn house in order GE or I am gone, and as I said elsewhere I have over seven thousand photos I could upload but am not going to get involved in (commit to) such a messed up endeavor. :roll:

bobbynorwich

Sep 19, 2009, 1:12:42 PM9/19/09
to panoramio-que...@googlegroups.com
Quote gabe69velasquez:
I've have seen some very sloppy and very incorrect placement of photos on Google Earth and I am thinking there should be an option to report these gross errors, for now I intend to use the Inappropriate option next to the photo to get in problem looked at. Can anyone suggest something or talk to an administrator who also considers this a problem?? Some users should have "move picture" privaleges to correct placement automatically, is the an acceptable possibility??

I have the same problem, there's a few photos in my area shown on Google Earth that are very misplaced, and should be moved to their correct locations. How does one do that?

© Andre Speek

Sep 19, 2009, 1:26:36 PM9/19/09
to panoramio-que...@googlegroups.com
Quote bobbynorwich:
I have the same problem, there's a few photos in my area shown on Google Earth that are very misplaced, and should be moved to their correct locations. How does one do that?

Open up the photo page. Below the map is an option to suggest a new location.

Cheers,

Andre

kilroy238

Sep 16, 2013, 4:26:33 AM9/16/13
to panoramio-que...@googlegroups.com
Because too many people ignore it. If they don't care enough to post it correctly the first time what makes you think they are going to care if someone makes a suggestion?

Just my thoughts.

kilroy238

Sep 16, 2013, 4:29:56 AM9/16/13
to panoramio-que...@googlegroups.com
Yeah forget the quality of the site. Let it slide to hell who cares right???? As for a special team they of course don't need to place the photos correctly, that is an absurd notion. What they need is to be deleted or at least unlisted from the map.

CliveM

Sep 16, 2013, 7:47:35 AM9/16/13
There are two weaknesses with this. In order to do anything about a misplaced photo, one has to know its correct location. Secondly, I think there should be a means of reporting to the team a picture that the poster has repeatedly refused to move, as long as one can provide proof, for example Streetview of either the existing location or the correct one. Deliberate misplacement is, after all, a breach of the Terms of Service.

For example, I have made repeated suggestions about http://www.panoramio.com/photo/4873047 which is presumably placed outside the city centre to gain more views, but the owner refuses to move it.

kilroy238

Sep 16, 2013, 10:34:52 AM9/16/13
I don't understand why everyone seems to think you have to know the correct location. It's not necessary at all. If it is blatantly misplaced. Remove the geotag, unlist it from the map or just delete it. A pic like this one is a prime example. http://www.panoramio.com/photo/16565162. It's a beautiful pic of the Smokies but it's sitting smack dab in the middle of Pigeon Forge. The position has already been disputed but there it sits.

The mods don't need to know where it is. A simple but kind email to the owner telling him.....

Sir, Your picture has been delisted from our service due to its obvious placement error.  We appreciate you adding your Photos to Panoramio but we strive for accuracy for our additions to Google Earth and Maps. After you have corrected the mapping error we will be happy to re-list your photos for addition to Google Earth and Maps.

.... is all that is needed.

Just my thoughts I know I'm a hard a$$

On Monday, September 16, 2013 7:36:23 PM UTC+8, CliveM wrote:
There are two weaknesses with this. In order to do anything about a misplaced photo, one has to know its correct location. Secondly, I think there should be a means of reporting to the team a picture that the poster has repeatedly refused to move, as long as one can provide proof, for example Streetview of either the existing location or the correct one. Deliberate misplacement is, after all, a breach of the Terms of Service.

For example, I have made repeated suggestions about http://www.panoramio.com/photo/4873047 which is presumably placed outside the city centre to gain more views, but the owner refuses to move it.

© Tom Cooper

Sep 16, 2013, 11:17:59 AM9/16/13
to panoramio-que...@googlegroups.com
While a special team would not need to place the photos correctly, they still would need to know the photo is misplaced.  How will they know that?  You don't honestly think they should just believe every time someone clicks a button, do you?

Tom

© Tom Cooper

Sep 16, 2013, 11:25:17 AM9/16/13
to panoramio-que...@googlegroups.com
How is someone not familiar with Pigeon Forge supposed to know even that?

Let me give you an example of why the "obvois" can be totally wrong.

You find a photo of the Eiffel Tower in Ohio.  It is obviosly wrong.  Except you may be wrong.  There are reproductions and models of the Eiffel Tower in at least 20 cities worldwide.  The same kind of thing applies to many wel known objects such as the Sidney Opera House, the Lincoln Memorial, the Statue of Liberty, and Mount Rushmore.  Without the intense local knowledge that you claim is not neccessary, you would be deleting appropriately mapped photos all over the place.

Tom

On Monday, September 16, 2013 9:33:32 AM UTC-5, kilroy238 wrote:
[...]

kilroy238

Sep 16, 2013, 11:56:43 AM9/16/13
to panoramio-que...@googlegroups.com
Tom,

 You have a picture of mountain valley in the middle of the city. A simple look at street view is all you need. Hell even the aerial image shows it's totally wrong. We're not talking a replica with no other background info for comparison, we're talking mountains.  I'm sorry I just don't see that needing intense local knowledge.

You're right though that someone could mistake a replica for the real thing. There was an Eiffel Tower replica in my last city here in China. That's when you can dig a little deeper though. You can look at other things in the picture compare the location to the Aerial image. Look at more that just the tower to make that determination. Then send a email to the owner telling him that admins believe it's incorrect and ask for clarification.

And no your notion that everyone should be trusted is absurd and would never suggest that. However I really like the suggestion from Quote Matthew Winn: from a few posts back

Quote ":idea: I would suggest that there are trustworthy people on here and you can guage them. The system can keep track of a tally of points, very much like the grading of comments on YOUTUBE, and every time you come across a very accurate placement of a photo you can grade it and/or the users who posted it. As in I trust or admire this users accuracy. When a user has established their accuracy (overall tally or per photo) then after a certain score, they can be given the option to move photos. Perhaps a period of waiting for the upload user to respond to the suggestion to move is a good idea. Perhaps the suggestion of two or more users to move the photo should be a prerequisite before the photo is open to move by rated users. "

As for deleting proper images. Gotta break a few eggs man. I'd rather have my proper picture delisted that have 100 others incorrect.

Yes I know it's a huge job  perhaps even an impossible job but sitting back pretending their is nothing wrong isn't going to make PA or GE better.

On Monday, September 16, 2013 11:25:17 PM UTC+8, © Tom Cooper wrote:
How is someone not familiar with Pigeon Forge supposed to know even that?

Let me give you an example of why the "obvois" can be totally wrong.

You find a photo of the Eiffel Tower in Ohio.  It is obviously wrong.  Except you may be wrong.  There are reproductions and models of the Eiffel Tower in at least 20 cities worldwide.  The same kind of thing applies to many wel known objects such as the Sidney Opera House, the Lincoln Memorial, the Statue of Liberty, and Mount Rushmore.  Without the intense local knowledge that you claim is not necessary, you would be deleting appropriately mapped photos all over the place.

papkassen

Sep 16, 2013, 12:32:05 PM9/16/13
to panoramio-que...@googlegroups.com

Wim Constant

Sep 16, 2013, 1:29:34 PM9/16/13
to panoramio-que...@googlegroups.com
@Kilroy.

You can leave the "perhaps" away. It is an impossible job.
I always try to locate my photos on the exact position and I hate to see that there are so many wrongly positioned photos.
But there are almost 100.000.000 photos on Panoramio, give or take a few million.
If only, let's say, 5% is wrongly positioned (and I'm sure it's more), we are talking about 5.000.000 photos!!
Who is gonna check it?
It is absolutely impossible.
If I see a wrongly positioned photo I always suggest a new location and so do many others, but it's only the tip of the iceberg.
As hard as it is, we have to live with it.
Sorry, to be the bearer of bad news.

© Tom Cooper

Sep 16, 2013, 11:22:25 PM9/16/13
to panoramio-que...@googlegroups.com
Care to tell me which photo you are talking about?  It might make a good example for discussion.

Tom

kilroy238

Sep 16, 2013, 11:30:31 PM9/16/13
to panoramio-que...@googlegroups.com
Hi Wim,

You're right to completely fix everything is impossible but who said it has to be all of them. I would say a large part of the misplaced photos are only known by those with local knowledge but again how about the obvious ones. Beach sunset in the middle of the English Channel, an Eiffel Tower located in the alps (assuming of course you can see a surrounding city) oceans in the desert, deserts in the ocean, jungles in the arctic, vast forested mountains placed in the middle of street in a populated urban area.

Hasn't that gotten the number down to something more reasonable?

Call me a cockeyed optimist but I think there are enough people who use PA that care enough to help fix the problem of blatantly misplaced pics.

How about this after a user has reported an X number ( a high number) of photos that the admins concur with they could be granted delete rights to other photos flagged by 2 random users. Or after a X number of reported user they could be granted access to a special page allowing them to be shown at random a pic with links to its sat image, street view and Google earth images asking if they concur. If 3 random people concur then the photo automatically has its geo-location info removed.

Will that fix the problem no but I think it will be a plug in the dike.

Thoughts?

Wim Constant

Sep 17, 2013, 5:55:27 AM9/17/13
Hi, Kilroy,

As I mentioned in my reaction:

If I see a wrongly positioned photo I always suggest a new location and so do many others, but it's only the tip of the iceberg.

I am retired, so I spend quite some time at my PC and especially with Panoramio / Google Earth.
But only occasionally I see misplaced photos, which obviously get a suggestion for the right place.
But sometimes I don't know what to do.
For example take a look at these photos of mine:   http://www.panoramio.com/user/828315/tags/Hauterives
I know my photos are located "reasonable", not exact, because that is ompossible there.
But look at this location on Google Earth. Literally hundreds of photos are mislocated.
The Palace mentioned is between the 4 streets, where I placed my photos.
When I was there I convinced myself of this, because I knew that GE is not very clear there
(I even found now 2 of my own photos misplaced and corrected them)
But there are far more photos located outside this area and further away.
Do I have to correct them all?
Even I get a little depressed of this.
But I think we have to wait for an update of GE here.

Greetings, Wim

kilroy238

Sep 17, 2013, 6:58:25 AM9/17/13
to panoramio-que...@googlegroups.com

kilroy238

© Tom Cooper

Sep 17, 2013, 8:34:08 PM9/17/13
to panoramio-que...@googlegroups.com
Not mine.

kilroy238

Sep 17, 2013, 10:23:16 PM9/17/13
to panoramio-que...@googlegroups.com
Irrelevant.

On Wednesday, September 18, 2013 8:34:08 AM UTC+8, © Tom Cooper wrote:
Not mine.

© Tom Cooper

Sep 17, 2013, 11:26:47 PM9/17/13
to panoramio-que...@googlegroups.com
You accuse me of having a misplaced photo.  I ask you which one, and you link to someone else's photo.  When I declare that it's not mine, you say that is irrelevant?  I'm using English, and you are using English, but someone's clearly not communicating.

Tom

hvbemmel

Sep 18, 2013, 12:14:30 AM9/18/13
to panoramio-que...@googlegroups.com
change "you have" in "there is"  ;-)

then it makes sense and it is irrelevant that it isn´t yours

Draken

Sep 18, 2013, 6:26:31 AM9/18/13
to panoramio-que...@googlegroups.com
You are working on the assumption there are enough users who care about obviously misplaced photos and you trust they will report those photos. Well, that is exactly what it has not happen so far. Mind you, I have been a user and a forum moderator for a very long time (perhaps one the of very few original users who is still around) and according to my experience the great majority of the users don't help to fix any problem.

Granting deleting rights to users who simply report misplaced photos is not feasible just because due to legal reasons Google cannot do it. The same applies to granting any given number of random users access to special pages.

Besides, misplacing photos on purpose is a cause for the deletion of that user's account, which is far more effective. Again, the offending gallery has to be submitted to the Team and they will decide over the issue.
However, I am by no means saying the issue is unimportant. Rest assured the Team are aware of it and they will find the appropriate solution.

kilroy238

Sep 18, 2013, 12:47:01 PM9/18/13
I'm sorry, but you're right we do have a miscommunication on this one. I never said you have a misplaced photo. Can you please point out to me where I gave you that impression.

When you said post it for an interesting discussion I posted the one that I had referred to earlier. That's what I thought you were talking about.

 When you said it wasn't mine I thought you were just being flippant after your suggestion on the other thread of moving my photo 3 feet.

Bill

Adam Lasnik

Sep 18, 2013, 4:54:32 PM9/18/13
to panoramio-que...@googlegroups.com
Hi there!

First, I think it should be clear that we (in this thread) are not the problem.  I recognize so many of the names here, and know that all of us care about having photos in the right place.

I'd bet that 99.9% of other users care, too, but I agree it's really frustrating when users don't take care to put their photos in the right spot, or even respond to requests to fix it.

Unfortunately -- as some of you have guessed -- we also can't risk having ill-meaning people un- (or re-) positioning correctly geotagged photos, so for now we've decided to maintain the current situation despite some of the badly geotagged photos.  We are working on ways to substantially improve the situation, but the fixed are both technical and manual and won't be implemented for quite some time.  Thanks in advance for your patience!

© Tom Cooper

kilroy238

Sep 18, 2013, 9:44:51 PM9/18/13
to panoramio-que...@googlegroups.com
Tom,

That is called an impersonal you. The context of the paragraph combined with the posts you responded to should have made that easily understandable as Hvbemmel pointed out.

Sorry to have confused you.

I won't be responding to any more grammar misunderstandings.

kilroy238

Sep 18, 2013, 10:00:50 PM9/18/13
to panoramio-que...@googlegroups.com
Thanks for your reply Adam,

I do agree it's the people in this thread that do care otherwise they wouldn't be here.

I didn't and don't mean to imply that you give that power out willy-nilly. I was thinking of along the lines of the Tally system that was mentioned in another post or something like the old Google Image Labeler game.

Anyhow I am happy to hear it this hasn't been forgotten and that a fix is in the works that will come about one day.

Bill