Panoramio layer on Google Maps functionality ends June 4, 2015.

Lady GooGoo La La

May 26, 2015, 2:04:48 PM5/26/15
to panoram...@googlegroups.com
Probably nothing new, but I just noticed it~

Note: The Panoramio library has been deprecated as of June 4, 2014.

This library will continue to work until June 4, 2015. After that date, the library will no longer be available.

La La La

© Tom Cooper

May 26, 2015, 2:33:17 PM5/26/15
to panoram...@googlegroups.com
This has been discussed before.  It is not the Panoramio API that most developers are using.

Tom

hvbemmel

May 26, 2015, 2:47:16 PM5/26/15
to panoram...@googlegroups.com
It's about the mini map. This java api is technically outdated and should be updated. The work included is not in proportion to the little use, for that it will stop working 4 June next after it has been announced 1 year before.

On Tuesday, 26 May 2015 20:04:48 UTC+2, Lady GooGoo La La wrote:
Probably nothing new, but I just noticed it~

junk0128

May 26, 2015, 4:36:40 PM5/26/15
to panoram...@googlegroups.com
This page will disappear soon.

The Panoramio Layer was very convenient.
Thank you.

2015年5月27日水曜日 3時04分48秒 UTC+9 Lady GooGoo La La:

QuentinUK

May 27, 2015, 7:57:47 AM5/27/15
to panoram...@googlegroups.com
The Panoramio layer is also used by Panoramio. So how will this affect the Panoramio website?
ie The small map in the corner on the user page. And the larger one via "View on Map".

Will the JSON API still work? And is this compatible with GeoJSON as used by the maps data layer?

There seems to be a new bug on the map page. Switching between "Your photos" and "Popular" etc only adds photos. The photos from the other layers are still shown.

They could change the Panoramio map to show little red dots like Google Views.

hvbemmel

May 27, 2015, 9:24:07 AM5/27/15
to panoram...@googlegroups.com
This API makes an embedded  (javascript map) on your website:

The API mentioned and only that API will be stopped next week, we are talking then about that particular script used to make the embedded map. All other API´s (like the map in http://www.panoramio.com/api/data/api.html) will work as expected. Because those (maps) API´s are frequently used they were updated.

Lady GooGoo La La

May 27, 2015, 11:11:24 AM5/27/15
to panoram...@googlegroups.com
Darn you Herman!,  do you have to be so darn helpful, cant you lie once in a while! :-)

Actually dont have to lie, just say nothing and let a post fester! '-)