Urgent - Help needed at Whirlpool Trails - Missing Runner

Karen Mogridge

Apr 27, 2012, 9:24:59 AM4/27/12
to oxford...@googlegroups.com
Guys,

If anyone can get to the Whirlpool Trails this morning – with your mountain bike – there is a Search & Rescue effort underway for a missing runner (since last night).

The police dept has asked that if any of our "gang" can come with mtn bikes to help with the search, that would be very helpful.

The missing runner's vehicle is still parked on the road, so he's in there somewhere!

Please help if you can!

Thanks!
Karen

Vivian Neill

Apr 27, 2012, 9:34:20 AM4/27/12
to oxford...@googlegroups.com
I can go if there is still a need. I'll load my bike right now. If anyone has updated news please post so I know whether to proceed with coming to town.

Sent from my iPhone

Carol Livingston

Apr 27, 2012, 9:39:54 AM4/27/12
to Oxford Cycling
They stilee need help. I just left there with the portapotty guy. The police asked if they could use themand of course I said yes!

From: Vivian Neill <vivia...@me.com>
Date: Fri, 27 Apr 2012 08:34:20 -0500
Subject: Re: [OxfordCycling:11698] Urgent - Help needed at Whirlpool Trails - Missing Runner

GREGORY J LOVE

Apr 27, 2012, 9:38:22 AM4/27/12
to <oxfordcycling@googlegroups.com>
On my way over.

Sent from my iPhone

Karen Mogridge

Apr 27, 2012, 9:38:45 AM4/27/12
to oxford...@googlegroups.com
Rock on - thank you!!

Sent from my iPhone4s

Vivian Neill

Apr 27, 2012, 9:42:09 AM4/27/12
to oxford...@googlegroups.com
Ok. I'm headed that way.

Sent from my iPhone

GREGORY J LOVE

Apr 27, 2012, 9:57:31 AM4/27/12
to <oxfordcycling@googlegroups.com>
The missing runner's been found.

Sent from my iPhone

LOGAN, ROBERT L

Apr 27, 2012, 9:57:53 AM4/27/12
to oxford...@googlegroups.com

Is he okay?

Thanks,

Rob Logan

Customer Account Manager

Entergy Mississippi, Inc.

(Int) : 8-424-6580

(Ext) : 601-925-6580

(Cell) : 601-940-5935

P Go green! Enroll in My Account Online and turn off your paper bill! Because every day is Earth Day at Entergy!

GREGORY J LOVE

Apr 27, 2012, 10:04:19 AM4/27/12
to <oxfordcycling@googlegroups.com>
Sounds like it.

Sent from my iPhone

Michael Weldy

Apr 27, 2012, 10:53:55 AM4/27/12
to oxford...@googlegroups.com

Does anyone have any more details about the missing runner? Did he get injured, lost, etc… Thanks.

Also, we have seen several large copperheads out there already this year. I saw one Wed. crossing the rail bed right by the old gate. It was tremendous. I know the rest of the crew has seen several already, too. Just FYI, especially for those of you who bring dogs. Before this year, I’ve probably counted 2-3 snakes out there in 10-15 years. Seems to be an increase.

Tom Lombardo

Apr 27, 2012, 1:22:58 PM4/27/12
to oxford...@googlegroups.com

Y’all clearly need better maps for your trails: he was found in Water Valley!

[and that’s all I know so far]

Carol Livingston

Apr 27, 2012, 1:27:01 PM4/27/12
to oxford...@googlegroups.com
Wow ... headed south instead of north?  Apparently he does not know that the North Star is at the handle-end of the Little Dipper?!?

Weldy