Introduction to Programming 1 Workshop--Wednesday, Mar. 12th from 7:30pm at Oxhack

Lauren Hutchinson

Mar 10, 2014, 9:38:46 PM3/10/14
to oxford-h...@googlegroups.com
Dear all,

Yves will be bravely leading the first workshop in a new series called "Introduction to Programming" on this Wednesday night.

These workshops will be recurring at an interval to be determined, and they're suitable for complete beginners to come along and learn early programming.  Yves is very conscious of differing learning styles and will be careful to tailor the class to those who turn up.

The things to be covered depend a bit on the skill levels of those who come, but they may include working on Code Club modules, Javascript in the in-browser console window, and talks about the basic concepts of programming, classifications, and why learning the skill is important.

Please bring a laptop if you can.  There is one computer in the space that can be used as well potentially, but it has not been tested for this.

There is a good chance that this set of workshops will culminate in a (pressure free!) group project of some kind, possibly for the space.

Hope to see you there,

Lauren

PS. If anyone has (reasonable) old laptops that are surplus to requirements, the space could benefit from having a few for general use during this sort of workshop.

Hugh Pryor

Mar 12, 2014, 8:05:45 AM3/12/14
to oxford-h...@googlegroups.com
I'd love to - the only thing is that there's a private view tonight with Audiograft and that I might need to take photos and help out.
There's a band setting up stage and it's looking busy - if I can join maybe around 9.

Kate

Mar 12, 2014, 3:01:14 PM3/12/14
to oxford-h...@googlegroups.com
will be coming - hopefully with some laptops - but just tore some back
muscles thus waiting for more meds to kick in

kate