Fwd: Reminder: Hack Space Stammtisch!

h...@hughpryor.co.uk

Jan 23, 2014, 1:13:55 PM1/23/14
to oxford-h...@googlegroups.com

Email not displaying correctly? View it in your browser.

STAMMTISCH

Thursday 30th January 2014
8:00pm
Venue: OVADA warehouse
14a Osney Lane, OX1 1NJ

On the last Thursday of each month, OVADA organises a variety of free events including professional talks, film screenings, performances and discussions that form a series of regular get-togethers for people with an interest in contemporary art. This month...

Come and join studio holders Oxford Hack Space
at the OVADA warehouse for a

CURIOUS EXTRAVAGANZA

of DNA cocktails, banana pianos, paper folding,
 ice cream making, interactive projections, Schlieren photography,
programmable LEDs, Johan Sebastian jousting
and much much more!

OVADA (Oxfordshire Visual Arts Development Agency)
Warehouse - 14A Osney Lane - Oxford - OX1 1NJ

Contact Us:

Website:       www.ovada.org.uk

Email:           in...@ovada.org.uk

Phone:                07875 722050

Follow us on:

Registered Company Number: 5138370
Copyright (C) 2013 - OVADA - All rights reserved.

Email Marketing Powered by MailChimp

This email was sent to h...@hughpryor.co.uk
OVADA (Oxfordshire Visual Arts Development Agency) · 14A Osney Lane · Oxford, England OX1 1NJ · United Kingdom

Email Marketing Powered by MailChimp

Nathan Bentall

Feb 7, 2014, 6:47:17 AM2/7/14
to oxford-h...@googlegroups.com
This Sunday is the anual Harwell radio rally held at Didcot lesiure centre.

Come and rummage with other nerds junk.

If you've never been to one, it's basicaly, a car-boot sale but for electronics stuff. A bit of a 'Ham' focus, but still plenty of general stuff, computers, tools etc.  Can pick up some bargains and some realy weird $h1t.

go nerds!

pic of one of the halls below (not sure how this list handles embedded pics so may not come out), and more info at:

http://www.ntay.com/hars/rally2014.html

P2131559_edited

Igor Nikolic

Feb 7, 2014, 7:04:22 AM2/7/14
to oxford-h...@googlegroups.com
Hi Nathan,

Thanks a lot for the heads up! These are great and I will most likely go. I might have a space of two in the car, if anyone wants to come along.

igor

P2131559_edited.jpg

Lauren Hutchinson

Feb 7, 2014, 11:19:35 AM2/7/14
to oxford-h...@googlegroups.com
Count me in--thanks Nathan!

Igor, could I join you?

(Also, any ham radio people on this list? Sounds like this might be a good place to get kit if we wanted to... London HS has a ham group and does basic licenses iirc, and there's no reason we couldn't get into the game if there were interest.)

Graham Stabler

Feb 7, 2014, 1:41:16 PM2/7/14
to oxford-h...@googlegroups.com
My Dad was a ham so I've been to quite a few of these events, just
remember "un-tested" means tested and found not to be working :)

I believe the novice licence is quite doable and I think I have a book
about it if anyone wanted a look.

Cheers,

Graham

Igor Nikolic

Feb 7, 2014, 3:15:28 PM2/7/14
to oxford-h...@googlegroups.com
Hi Lauren, all

My plan is to go relatively early, be there 10:30 ish. Is that OK?
Next to Lauren, I can take max 3 other people in the car,  first come, first serve.

Let me know :)

Igor

James Berry

Feb 7, 2014, 6:10:14 PM2/7/14
to oxford-h...@googlegroups.com

I have a ham radio license - I haven't been active for some years though.

James

---- Lauren Hutchinsonwrote ----

Jamie Lokier

Feb 7, 2014, 6:32:53 PM2/7/14
to Igor Nikolic, oxford-h...@googlegroups.com
Igor Nikolic wrote:
> Hi Lauren, all
> My plan is to go relatively early, be there 10:30 ish. Is that OK?
> Next to Lauren, I can take max 3 other people in the car, first come,
> first serve.
> Let me know :)

That does sound early. What is this, church day? :)

Nonethless I'd like to go :)

Early is good in that I need to be back before 5pm to open the hackspace.

-- Jamie