You're Invited | Thurs. 25th, 7pm at Oxhack | "It's going to be big."

Lauren Hutchinson

Sep 23, 2014, 4:37:59 PM9/23/14
to oxford-h...@googlegroups.com
Dear members, hackers, lurkers, citizens,

Please join us this Thursday, September 25th, from 7pm at Oxhack.

There will be a special announcement and overflowing good cheer.

If you can only come to one social night this year, make it this one.

Cheers,

Lauren

Jo Evans

Sep 23, 2014, 4:39:23 PM9/23/14
to oxford-h...@googlegroups.com
Can we get the sewing machine out?  I've got a proper pattern now!

Jo

Jamie Lokier

Sep 23, 2014, 6:05:04 PM9/23/14
to oxford-h...@googlegroups.com
> There will be a special announcement and overflowing good cheer.

I'm Dreaming, are you?

Or could be the all-nighters catching up!

-- Jamie "looks drunk but isn't"

Mark Johnson

Sep 25, 2014, 12:00:07 PM9/25/14
On 2014-09-23 21:37, Lauren Hutchinson wrote:
> Dear members, hackers, lurkers, citizens,
>
> Please join us this Thursday, September 25th, from 7pm at Oxhack [1].

As a long time lurker I'm planning on coming down this evening, and had
a question: What's the etiquette regarding bringing/consuming alcohol
for social nights? The only other time I've been was for the CERN talk
when there were sponsored drinks and pizza in exchange for a donation,
is that the usual set up, or is bringing your own
normal/expected/accepted/unusual/not allowed?

Cheers
Mark

iamthespaceinvader .

Sep 25, 2014, 12:02:02 PM9/25/14
to oxford-h...@googlegroups.com
There will be the usual donation-based fridge, plus some special celebratory drinks being shared around.  BYOB is fine as far as I'm aware.

Phil

Lauren Hutchinson

Sep 25, 2014, 12:15:49 PM9/25/14
to oxford-h...@googlegroups.com
​Update to this:

The people whose building we are in are also having a massive event tonight.  Should be good times!  Therefore parking will be non-existent at the space itself, but OVADA recommends parking locations here: http://www.ovada.org.uk/contact/.  Most of these are less than 5 minutes' walk away, just don't get lost. ;)  There are 4 bits of Osney Lane, and we are the one nearest Woodins Walk on the map.

I'm told there is also free parking nearby on Beckett St., near the train station long stay car park.

Obviously if anyone is dealing with mobility or disability issues, we will do our best to finagle you some room at OVADA.

See everybody tonight, this is going to be grand!