project status?

mindplay.dk

Dec 20, 2010, 4:12:54 PM12/20/10
to Outlet ORM
Happy holidays!

So we've passed the 1-year anniversary of RC1.

What's the status of this project? Has it been abandoned? Does it need
help?

Thanks,
Rasmus

Alvaro Carrasco

Dec 30, 2010, 2:04:40 PM12/30/10
to outle...@googlegroups.com
Hi Rasmus,

Sorry for the delayed email.

For the last year (wow that's pretty long) the time I have had
available to spend on Outlet has shrunk to almost nothing. I still use
it for a lot of my existing projects, but recently I have moved away
from PHP as my preferred platform and have been working a lot with
Scala. I am unlikely to use PHP again for new projects if I have a
choice.

It's kind of sad, but Favio, another outlet developer switched from
PHP to Ruby a long time ago too.

If anyone is interested in taking a more active role on the project, I
would be very willing to help them out in any way I can within my time
constraints.

Alvaro
--
http://www.alvarocarrasco.com

mindplay.dk

Dec 31, 2010, 4:07:47 PM12/31/10
to Outlet ORM
Well, that explains the stand-still.

So what was the status of this project where you both left off?

Is there a to-do list and/or list of unfixed bugs, or anything else
that documents the state of the software itself?

I'm trying to estimate how much effort would be required to take this
software in it's current condition and finish it...

On Dec 30, 2:04 pm, Alvaro Carrasco <simple...@gmail.com> wrote:
> Hi Rasmus,
>
> Sorry for the delayed email.
>
> For the last year (wow that's pretty long) the time I have had
> available to spend on Outlet has shrunk to almost nothing. I still use
> it for a lot of my existing projects, but recently I have moved away
> from PHP as my preferred platform and have been working a lot with
> Scala. I am unlikely to use PHP again for new projects if I have a
> choice.
>
> It's kind of sad, but Favio, another outlet developer switched from
> PHP to Ruby a long time ago too.
>
> If anyone is interested in taking a more active role on the project, I
> would be very willing to help them out in any way I can within my time
> constraints.
>
> Alvaro
> --http://www.alvarocarrasco.com

Holtkamp

Jan 2, 2011, 11:15:30 AM1/2/11
to Outlet ORM
Such a 'roadmap' would be nice indeed. From my own experience:

- improved support PostgreSQL (using uppercases in tablenames)
- bug-fix many-to-many stores relation multiple times

And I have seen sufficient 'fixes' pass this forum...

Cheers, would like to help keeping this project alive!

Luís Otávio

Jan 3, 2011, 9:51:37 AM1/3/11
to outle...@googlegroups.com
As I said before I'm refactoring and trying to improve the framework with my limited time and expertise.

I've changed the configuration parser to just create the entity when they are really used, know I'm creating a way to use embedded objects like on JPA frameworks.

In my refactoring process I've created a lot of unit tests, the coverage went from 77% to 83,5%.
There was about 28 PMD violations and now it has only 11.

I'm using my fork on 5 projects that are on production right now.

The production of my team rised a lot and I'll still using this framework, and I'll always try to improve it.

If someone wants to use it, just to look, or help... http://github.com/lcobucci/outlet-orm

Cheers,

Luís

mindplay.dk

Jan 4, 2011, 9:49:51 AM1/4/11
to Outlet ORM
Luis,

I poked through your commit log yesterday, and I was quite impressed
with what I saw - looks like you've addressed everything I've pointed
out during my limited experience with Outlet. You've been working
hard! :-)

I will definitely be checking out your work and testing it as soon as
possible...

Thank You!

- Rasmus

On Jan 3, 9:51 am, Luís Otávio <lcobu...@gmail.com> wrote:
> As I said before I'm refactoring and trying to improve the framework with my
> limited time and expertise.
>
> I've changed the configuration parser to just create the entity when they
> are really used, know I'm creating a way to use embedded objects like on JPA
> frameworks.
>
> In my refactoring process I've created a lot of unit tests, the coverage
> went from 77% to 83,5%.
> There was about 28 PMD violations and now it has only 11.
>
> I'm using my fork on 5 projects that are on production right now.
>
> The production of my team rised a lot and I'll still using this framework,
> and I'll always try to improve it.
>
> If someone wants to use it, just to look, or help...http://github.com/lcobucci/outlet-orm
>
> Cheers,

> > .

Luís Otávio

Jan 4, 2011, 2:25:41 PM1/4/11
to outle...@googlegroups.com
Thanks Rasmus!

The work was really big lol... the embeddable entities implementation is commited ;)
I know that there's a lot of things that can be otimized, but I had to finish it fast.

Well... Enjoy it =D

Cheers,

Luís