Fwd: Walk for Nepal Dallas 2017

NST Admin

Oct 10, 2017, 8:14:30 PM10/10/17
to NST GOOGLE GROUP

Sent from my iPhone

Begin forwarded message:

From: suman karki <sumanka...@gmail.com>
Date: October 11, 2017 at 12:33:55 AM GMT+5:45
To: Kamal Satyal <kamal....@gmail.com>, NST Admin <ad...@ournst.org>
Subject: Walk for Nepal Dallas 2017

Kamal dai,

can you email this for walk for nepal dallas please !

Walk for Nepal – Dallas 2017

Let’s Walk together. Let’s walk for Nepal.

November 04, 2017 | Bachman Lake Park, Dallas

3500 NW Highway, Dallas, TX- 75220

Time: 12 pm – 6 pm (Walk at 3 pm sharp)

Activities: Zumba, Henna Tattoo, Bingo, Dances, and many more

Event Page: http://walkfornepal.org/event-detail/dallas-2017.html

Walker Registration: http://walkfornepal.org/register/dallas-2017.html

Sponsor a Walker: http://walkfornepal.org/sponsor/dallas-2017.html

Namaste Everyone:

Here is a simple way to make a meaningful difference and give back to the community. As in past, just walk with us.

Walk for Nepal is a collaborative campaign administered by Nepal ko Yuwa (http://nepalkoyuwa.org/), which is a 501 c (3) not-for-profit organization (EIN #45-2734874). 2017 marks fifth year since we started organizing the walk here in Dallas. The journey so far has been tremendously successful just because we have support from walkers, sponsors, volunteers, local organizations, and this DFW community as a whole. So, thank you.

This year we will be walking for three fantastic projects.

(a)         House with Heart – This 501 c (3) organization (EIN #47-2011307) is primarily home for abandoned children. In addition, it is an education center for impoverished women and children as well as an outreach program for needy families in Kathmandu. Funds raised this year will be used to buy educational materials and fund food for school that was affected by recent flood. For more information, please go to http://housewithheart.org/

(b)         Sponsor a Grandparent – This project is led by Reaping Hope (DA Office #1219, SWC #33008, and PAN #601650493). Fund raised will be used for sponsoring ration for senior citizens and organizing mobile eye clinic. For more information, please go to http://reapinghope.org.np/

(c)         Community Water and Sanitation – This project has been supported by Nepal Rising which is a movement by Nepal ko Yuwa and Living Earth Institute (LEI). Fund raised will be used to build toilets at an approx. cost of $200/toilet. In 8 years, LEI has 850 toilets in Bara district leading to official declaration of Rampurwa VDC as Open- Defecation-Free VDC. For more information, please go to http://nepalrising.org/news/water-and-sanitation

We would like to extend our sincere gratitude to our supporters – Nepalese Student’s Association  at UTA, DFW Yeti Homes, Bodhi Creation, Yeti Chamber of Commerce, Nepalese Society Texas, International Nepali Literature Society Dallas Chapter, Aama Foundation, Dallas Gurkhas, Himalayan Khabar,  USKhabar Online, TexasNepal. Last but not the least, we would like to thank all the walkers, their sponsors, and every one of you in advance. Please come and be a part of this philanthropic event right here in Dallas. Help us help the partner NGO of your choice by registering to walk for them and sponsoring a walker.

Together we can do big things. So let’s walk together. Let’s walk for Nepal!

Thank you.

For Walk for Nepal-Dallas 2017 Team

Kushal Pokharel

kushalp...@gmail.com