OBC Trip to Forest City Velodrome February 1-3

OBC Webmaster

Jan 8, 2019, 11:38:42 AM1/8/19
to ottawabi...@googlegroups.com
OBC Trip to Forest City Velodrome February 1-3

We’ve already had two great weekend trips to the track this season. Our next trip is February 1-3, and it’s time to sign up!

Forest City Velodrome (FCV)  is the perfect track to get introduced to track cycling as well as to develop your track riding skills. It’s also a really fun track to ride. Our long-weekend trips to FCV are by far the best way to get significant track experience in a compressed time frame at very low cost. Plus, you get an opportunity to meet, socialize, and ride with many riders from southern Ontario.

All ages, from 11 to well, "even older than me" are welcome. New track riders are especially  welcome. Riders should have good basic riding skills, and be able to ride 30KPH for 15-20 minutes at a time. Touring 2 adult riders and T2Ts in the Youth Program will do just fine.

We’ll make sure all riders have a program that addresses their goals. There will be training sessions for competitive riders, as well as sessions for new and recreational riders.  We’ll have lots of track time - there will be more than enough riding time, and opportunities to do whatever training and skills development you want.

The cost is $125 per rider for the 3 days, including track bike rental.  Hotel cost is about $100 per room per night (so $50 a night if you share a room). And you are responsible for your own food.

I'll be booking the OBC Van, which can take 8 people. Transportation in the OBC van is 100% free for the first 8 OBC members to sign up.
The FCV organization is incredibly welcoming, helpful and accommodating.  You can see photos from a previous trip at OBC-FCV-25Nov18 And check out the FCV website at  http://forestcityvelodrome.ca/

The exact schedule is TBD, but you can expect something like:

  • Friday: Leave OBC Office, 170B Booth Street (at Albert) 9:00 AM
  • Friday 5:00 PM: Arrive at FCV
  • Friday 5:30 pm  Beginner’s Track training & Certification and Private OBC club session. We will be doing beginner’s training, some skills work, plus giving experienced riders some riding time.
  • Sat morning OBC Private Track Time  Group training. Will be based on ability and need. A mix of skills development and fitness efforts
  • Sat afternoon : Recreational Group Riding Session with FCV club members
  • Sun morning  Recreational Group Riding Session with FCV club members

If you are interested, please let me know ASAP.  Email bi...@bashd.ca

admin Tue, 01/08/2019 - 11:26

Full story on the OBC homepage: https://www.ottawabicycleclub.ca/story-2019-01-08