Ottawa to Peterborough Route Suggestions

5lostlegions

Jul 2, 2018, 3:04:16 PM7/2/18
to Ottawa Bicycle Club Forum
I'm writing this post to inquire about suggested cycle route(s) from Ottawa to Peterborough that involves little or no Hwy 7
exposure (I'm okay with traffic and cars, etc. but Hwy 7 bike/road space and overall traffic speed seem too small and too fast).
I've ridden the RLCT and am used to long distance rides. I'm looking for paved county.side roads etc. (the type of roads that the OBC use for Sunday rides come to mind). As well I'm looking for a route that won't take me to far off the destination goal. Ill be riding a road bike not a cyclocross hybrid.
Any suggestions/tips appreciated.

Thank you

5lostlegions