Social Spring Cycling In North Carolina Feb 13th

OBC Webmaster

Feb 11, 2019, 3:58:24 PM2/11/19
to ottawabi...@googlegroups.com
Social Spring Cycling In North Carolina Feb 13th

OBC Social, Wednesday, February 13th, 2019
HMCS Bytown Officers’ Mess
78 Lisgar Avenue, Ottawa
Doors open at 6:00 p.m., presentation starts at about 7:30 p.m.

Spring Cycling In North Carolina

By Leona Gray

For decades, Ottawa cyclists have been making the annual spring trek to the Sandhills of North Carolina (the Pinehurst, Aberdeen, Southern Pines region).

After a one- or two-day drive due south on interstate highways, you’ll come to an area with a wide network of quiet, smooth, and scenic roads. The area is hilly enough to be interesting without being too hilly for March and April legs. The weather is almost certainly better than Ottawa’s.

Come to the February Social to hear more about the area that keeps me coming back year after year after year.

There is limited free parking beside the HMCS Officers’ Mess. There is another alternative to parking for Socials. We have discovered that due to the rebuilding of Elgin Street, the Ottawa City Hall INDOOR parkade is FREE from 6:00 p.m. to 6:00 a.m. every day. Access the Parkade from Laurier Avenue, just east of Elgin. Once parked, exit the south entrance of Ottawa City Hall and walk across Lisgar Street to the Officers’ Mess. Refreshments are available at the bar and complimentary potato-chip snacks are being served.

admin Mon, 02/11/2019 - 15:48

Full story on the OBC homepage: https://www.ottawabicycleclub.ca/story-2019-02-11