Tour of Madawaska - Thanksgiving Weekend - October 8-10, 2016

Les Humphreys

Aug 18, 2016, 1:40:40 PM8/18/16
to ottawabi...@googlegroups.com

There is no better time and place to enjoy the splendid fall colours, stunning scenery, quiet roads, and campfire camaraderie than at this woodland retreat. Madawaska Cycling Tours are designed for those who are challenged by tough terrain and are undeterred by inclement weather.

Each day there is a choice of Road Cycling routes of varying lengths, starting and finishing at the Centre. Maps and Route Instructions are provided. Riders are expected to be self-sufficient and ride in groups.

For mountain bikers, we will guide a different ride every day on excellent logging and single track trails behind the property and within a ½-hour drive away. If the weather deters you from cycling, then a choice of hiking routes along the river and trails in the adjacent hills are good options.

For accommodation, participants share 2-3 to a lodge room or 4-6 in the dormitory. Camping is also an option. Everyone must bring a towel and sleeping bag. Wilderness is not totally without its consolations: showers and sauna are available. Guests are expected Friday evening and depart on the afternoon of the final day, after the ride.

Three hearty breakfasts, and three packed lunches, to keep you fueled for the day are served. Two Dinners including a Thanksgiving feast will refill your tired muscles. All of our meals are home cooked using fresh local ingredients and many herbs from our own gardens.

Les Humphreys, Tour of Madawaska founder, and leader for over 30 years is always willing to answer your questions: email: les...@magma.ca home: (613) 256-2498

Sean Corrigan, local cycling enthusiast, and athlete, is also one of our co-leaders.

Cost:

$350 + HST (indoor accommodation)

$325 + HST (for camping option)

$65 + HST for a day ride with Dinner