Track Cycling Trips to the Forest City Velodrome - Feb 24-16 & March 24-26

bill

Jan 17, 2017, 10:53:03 AM1/17/17
to Ottawa Bicycle Club Forum
Ride the track.
I am planning two weekend trips to Forest City Velodrome (FCV) in London Ontario. One in February and one in March. All ages, from 13 to adult to, well, "even older than me" are welcome. New track riders are welcome, but all participants should have strong basic cycling skills, and be able to maintain a speed of at least 35KPH for 10 minutes.

We have the flexibility to tailor the training to each rider. We want to make sure all riders have a program that addresses their goals. There will be training sessions for competitive riders, as well as sessions for new and recreational riders.

I expect the cost to be $120 per rider for the 3 days, including track bike rental, plus hotel, plus meals. I'll take the OBC van, which holds 8. The OBC Junior race team gets first dibs on seats in the van.

Dates
  • February 24-26
  • March 24-26
Schedule
The exact schedule will depend on the makeup of the attendees, and what else is scheduled at FCV the weekends we attend. Here's an example:
Friday:
  • Leave OBC Office at 9:00AM
  • Arrive Forest City Velodrome 4:30PM
  • Friday 5:00-7:00PM:
    • "Track 1" beginner training & certification for new track riders
    • Easy group riding for experienced riders
  • Friday 7:00-9:00PM:
    • OBC Private track session: break into groups and do training based on ability & need.
  • Sat morning: Private Track Session 8:00-9:00
    • OBC Private track session: break into groups and do training based on ability & need.
  • Sat morning: Open Recreational riding session 9:00-11:00
    • Track shared with others.
  • Saturday Afternoon: Noon-3:00PM - Youth Training
    • Structured Coached Training for youth, run by the FCV Youth Coach
  • Saturday Evening - OBC Private Track Session
    • Given the youth will have burned themselves out in the afternoon, we'll focus this session on the adults.
  • Sunday Morning 8:00-10:00AM
    • OBC Private track session: break into groups and do training based on ability & need.
  • Sunday 10:00AM-Noon Open Recreational riding session
    • Track shared with others.
  • Leave FCV 1:00PM, back at OBC offices Sunday 8:30PM
If you are interested please contact Bill Bourne at bi...@bashd.ca indicating which sessions you would like to attend, whether you need transportation and accommodation, and your age, cycling level, and track cycling experience.

Feel free to contact Bill with any questions you have.