Bike Fit

Alain

Jul 28, 2016, 4:05:29 PM7/28/16
to Ottawa Bicycle Club Forum
Hey everyone,

I'm looking for recommendations on where to get a bike fit.

I've got a written referral by a Physician and to have it covered by my health benefits, I think the fitting will likely need to be completed by a physiotherapist (correct me if I'm wrong).

Thanks for your help.

Al

Ruth Bonk

Jul 28, 2016, 4:10:27 PM7/28/16
to Alain, Ottawa Bicycle Club Forum
Hello Alain.... Mary Paterson is a physiotherapist and all she does is bike fitting.  She is awesome.   Bike2body.ca is her site.
--
Visit us at http://www.ottawabicycleclub.ca
Forum help available at http://www.ottawabicycleclub.ca/discussion-forum-instructions

graydon2015

Jul 28, 2016, 4:12:34 PM7/28/16
to Ottawa Bicycle Club Forum
I recently got a Retül Bike fit at Bushtukah. It help me make some bike adjustments, and the system is getting good reviews. It is pricey, $300 or so; but all computerized and cheaper for each visit to update your file or fit a new bike.

I'm looking for recommendations on where to get a bike fit.

Andre Gauthier

Jul 28, 2016, 4:50:17 PM7/28/16
to graydon2015, Ottawa Bicycle Club Forum
I have gone to G.M. Bertrand in Hull over the years. Mary Paterson (physio) at Bike2Body is also very good.

André
--
Visit us at http://www.ottawabicycleclub.ca
Forum help available at http://www.ottawabicycleclub.ca/discussion-forum-instructions
---

bill

Jul 28, 2016, 9:19:14 PM7/28/16
to Ottawa Bicycle Club Forum
I'd second Mary Patterson.
She's a physio, so her fees are covered by private health insurance.
She's very experienced, and knows her stuff. She'll spend quite a bit of time on an assessment before doing the fit. It's about getting the right fit for you taking into account not only your shape, but your flexibility, joint characteristics, chronic conditions, etc.