FW: [SCHOLCOMM] Projekt-DEAL - Wiley "Publish & Read" Agreement now online

Glenn Hampson

Feb 18, 2019, 1:22:52 PM2/18/19
to osi2016-25-googlegroups.com

An interesting thread from today’s scholcomm list---replies are summarized below this original post from Colleen

Dear colleagues,

I am pleased to pass along the news that the Projekt-DEAL – Wiley “Publish & Read” Agreement has now been published online in its entirety. The dedicated webpage on the Projekt DEAL website includes links the full text of this large-scale transformative agreement, an FAQ that provides context around some of its key components that will be of interest to the international research and scholarly communications community, and a form to submit queries and register for a dedicated webinar on 25th February with key representatives of DEAL and Wiley. See https://www.projekt-deal.de/wiley-contract/.

Consortia and individual institutions alike can take inspiration from the agreement that shifts library expenditures away from subscription paywalls to support open access publishing, in alignment with the objectives of OA2020.

Best wishes,

Colleen

Colleen Campbell

Open Access 2020 Initiative

Max Planck Digital Library

camp...@mpdl.mpg.de

+49 160 9725 1536

@ColleenCampbe11

https://oa2020.org

https://oa2020.org/Executive-Summary.pdf

Hi everyone,

I wondered if anyone could point me to any consortia models for open access publishing (or really, any examples of new approaches to supporting OA publishing).

For example, I’m aware of Coalition Publi.ca here in Canada but I wondered if there was anything happening in the US in a similar vein.

Thanks for your input!

Jessica Lange

Scholarly Communications Librarian

McGill University

Jessica,

Here in Georgia, USA, we've got the Affordable Learning Georgia, which is a grant system that rewards those who create OER for use in classes at any one of our consortium schools, the University System of Georgia.

Aajay Murphy

Hi Jessica,

The Open Library of Humanities operates on a Library Partnership Subsidy Model, that is based around consortia. Might be what you're after! https://www.openlibhums.org/site/about/the-olh-model/

Jon Tennant

If you're interested in shared services for production (editing and design) and for launch, see the Open Textbook Network Publishing Cooperative: https://canvas.umn.edu/courses/106630/pages/about-the-publishing-co-op

Kevin Hawkins

Hi Jessica. If you are interested in collaborative models for monographs, there's TOME (Toward an Open Monograph Ecosystem), which is a joint effort of ARL, AAU, and AUPresses. Happy to answer any questions you might have about it.

Peter Potter

David Wojick

Feb 18, 2019, 1:51:25 PM2/18/19
to osi2016-25-googlegroups.com
Glenn, Those replies are part of a different thread. There are no replies to Colleen's post on Projekt-DEAL.

Regarding Colleen's Projekt-DEAL post, while this is indeed big news, it is important to note that this transformative agreement is not the kind that is needed for Plan S compliance. It is unfortunately confusing that the term "transformative agreement" is now being used in two very differnt ways.

David
--
As a public and publicly-funded effort, the conversations on this list can be viewed by the public and are archived. To read this group's complete listserv policy (including disclaimer and reuse information), please visit http://osinitiative.org/osi-listservs.
---