OSI2018 registration now open

Glenn Hampson

Sep 19, 2017, 4:09:21 PM9/19/17
to osi2016-25-googlegroups.com

Dear OSI Participants,

We’re getting close to nailing down an exact date and location for next year’s meeting. Thanks for your patience with this process. Most of the recent survey respondents are open to either a March 12-14 or April 16-18 meeting in Washington DC.

In the meantime, the link for paying your conference registration fee is now up and running. The first 20 registrants will receive 18 percent off their hotel bill (up to $200 total)!—just a little incentive to get the ball rolling. (If you can’t register yet because of the date uncertainty but want to take advantage of this offer, just let me know and I’ll hold a space for you—we’ll hopefully have a contract in hand in 7-10 days.)

If you’re okay using PayPal, here’s the payment link: http://osinitiative.org/register-2018/. If you prefer a non-PayPal solution, you can use this site instead (you can also use this site for contributions larger than $500 or for team fundraising): https://www.classy.org/campaign/osi2016-25/c95200.

Please stay tuned for more information coming later this week and next week regarding OSI2017’s papers, action plans, new communication structure and more.

On behalf of the OSI conference planning team, thanks and all the best,

Glenn

Glenn Hampson
OSI Program Director
Executive Director
National Science Communication Institute
www.nationalscience.org
gham...@nationalscience.org
206.417.3607

Note regarding the conference fee: Conference fees for OSI2018 will cover about half of the projected $100,000 budget for this event (with remaining expenses covered by sponsor contributions). Any excess fees raised will go toward OSI2019 planning costs and will also be used to provide travel scholarships for OSI2018 participants as needed. If your organization is interested in sponsoring this effort or hosting a future OSI meeting, please email Glenn Hampson at gham...@nationalscience.org.

The National Science Communication Institute (nSCI) is a US-based 501(c)3 nonprofit (click here for GuideStar listing) dedicated to improving the communication that happens inside science. For more information about nSCI, please visit www.nationalscience.org. The Open Scholarship Initiative is a global effort being managed by nSCI, with broad support from sponsors, host universities, and volunteers. For more information about OSI, please visit www.osinitiative.org.

image002.png