160 Elsevier journals go transformative

David Wojick

Jan 15, 2021, 9:04:47 AM1/15/21
to osi20...@googlegroups.com
https://www.chemistryworld.com/news/elsevier-flips-160-journals-to-open-access/4013038.article

No word here on which they are. Is there a list?

At 5% per year it might take 15 years before subscriptions end. Is this correct?

David

Lisa Hinchliffe

Jan 15, 2021, 9:47:30 AM1/15/21
to David Wojick, The Open Scholarship Initiative
The article links to the list.

Lisa Janicke Hinchliffe
lisali...@gmail.com

--
As a public and publicly-funded effort, the conversations on this list can be viewed by the public and are archived. To read this group's complete listserv policy (including disclaimer and reuse information), please visit http://osinitiative.org/osi-listservs.
---

David Wojick

Jan 15, 2021, 12:15:27 PM1/15/21
to Lisa Hinchliffe, The Open Scholarship Initiative
Thanks Lisa! I guess it is behind "Elsevier says"? That is what I call an opaque context as you have to execute the link to find out what it is to. In any case I tried to go back to the article and could not without registering, which I decline to do.

If the list appears some other way please let me know.

David

anthony.watkinson

Jan 15, 2021, 12:33:22 PM1/15/21
to David Wojick, Lisa Hinchliffe, The Open Scholarship Initiative
I did sign up for the newsletter but could not find the list but they have been put on the Plan S site as being transformative so I guess they could be found that way

Anthony

On Fri, Jan 15, 2021, 8:04 AM David Wojick <dwo...@craigellachie.us> wrote:
[...]

To view this discussion on the web visit https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/osi2016-25/73E4650C-57CD-467B-9A60-11EEFC38AC9A%40craigellachie.us.

Lisa Hinchliffe

Jan 15, 2021, 12:34:19 PM1/15/21
to David Wojick, The Open Scholarship Initiative
Well, make that TWICE that it is linked in the article. It's also behind "noted" in "The Coalition S movement behind Plan S noted that it has registered 160 Elsevier publications as ‘transformative journals’ ..."

Anyway -- you'll find the list of Elsevier titles ... as well as all other publisher TJs ...  on the Coalition S website under the menu option for "Transformative Journals."

___

Lisa Janicke Hinchliffe
lisali...@gmail.com