OSTP

Glenn Hampson

Oct 17, 2018, 5:40:12 PM10/17/18
to osi20...@googlegroups.com

So, following up this OSTP issue, I emailed the incoming head of OSTP, Kelvin Droegemeier. Kelvin hasn’t been confirmed yet by the full Senate but his nomination passed unanimously out of committee last month and he’s expected to assume his new role by next month. Kelvin said that he looks forward to reaching out to OSI (the Plan S meeting that happened a few weeks ago was taken by someone else at OSTP but I figure this issue will end up on his desk so we may as well wait).

So, we probably have a few months to think about what we’d like to say---hopefully we will have a few issue briefs ready by then on the open spectrum, deceptive publishing, and APC-flips. I look forward to working with him. Reading through his Senate testimony, he understands the importance of the international, multi-stakeholder nature of science, which ties in well with OSI’s approach.

Thanks for the kick in the pants, David.

Best regards,

Glenn

Glenn Hampson
Executive Director