my movie review

Glenn Hampson

Feb 14, 2019, 11:10:56 PM2/14/19
to osi2016-25-googlegroups.com

Hi Folks,

I apologize for the blunt tone of my review of Jason’s movie---I could have and should have said these things more diplomatically. I’ve extended my hand to Jason personally. What’s worse, my review doesn’t really say anything that wasn’t already covered in Richard’s  review (would that I should have read his review first). I’ve already received one review of my OSI program management skills in return---please feel free to pile on.

Regards,

Glenn

Glenn Hampson
Executive Director
Science Communication Institute (SCI)
Program Director
Open Scholarship Initiative (OSI)

OSI-logo-email-sm2

image001.jpg

Rick Anderson

Feb 15, 2019, 6:27:08 PM2/15/19
to Glenn Hampson, osi2016-25-googlegroups.com

Glenn, for what it’s worth, I appreciated your willingness to call it as you saw it and to do so in a public forum. If people are taking you to task for your assessment of the movie, I hope they’ll be willing to make their comments to the whole list so that we can discuss whatever they feel are the salient issues. Personally, I think it’s important that we be able to express our views freely and openly here; if we can’t do that, then what’s the point?

---

Rick Anderson

Assoc. Dean for Collections & Scholarly Communication

Marriott Library, University of Utah

rick.a...@utah.edu

--
As a public and publicly-funded effort, the conversations on this list can be viewed by the public and are archived. To read this group's complete listserv policy (including disclaimer and reuse information), please visit
http://osinitiative.org/osi-listservs.

Glenn Hampson

Feb 15, 2019, 7:12:16 PM2/15/19
to Rick Anderson, osi2016-25-googlegroups.com

I agree there’s an important topic here that needs to be discussed---maybe it’s how we go about breaking stereotypes in this community. Twitter is one place to try if you can handle the abuse. On this list, though, we’ve tried hard these past few years (with a few notable blowups but not many) to be civil about our disagreements. This is where I crossed the line.

image003.jpg

Joyce Ogburn