Question on Open Access Funding

Fiore, Steve

Jun 13, 2018, 5:52:06 PM6/13/18
to osi20...@googlegroups.com

Hi Everyone - I wanted to see if anyone knows of potential funding sources that could be pursued for a journal special issue.  My colleagues and I are wrapping one up and I am interested in making it open access.  The title/topic is "Interdisciplinary approaches for uncovering the impacts of architecture on collective behaviour" and it is a follow on of sorts to a paper we published last year (https://www.nature.com/articles/s41559-017-0111).  In talking with the publisher, the cost would be about $20K.  I know our own universities sometimes set aside funds, but, because this is a special issue, with multiple authors and universities, I wanted to see if I could seek out funding for the entire issue. If anyone has any insights/suggestions, I'd appreciate it.

Thanks,
Steve

--------

Stephen M. Fiore, Ph.D.

Professor, Cognitive Sciences, Department of Philosophy

Director, Cognitive Sciences Laboratory, Institute for Simulation & Training (http://csl.ist.ucf.edu/)

University of Central Florida

sfi...@ist.ucf.edu