new open projects

Glenn Hampson

Mar 22, 2019, 2:58:36 PM3/22/19
to The Open Scholarship Initiative

Lest we lose sight of it amidst all our analyses, there’s a lot of interesting innovation happening in the open space. Here’s a link to one project I’m familiar with (as a member of the advisory board):

Tony Roche (also an OSI participant) says that article submissions and additional advisory volunteers are welcome. You can reach Tony directly at tro...@emeraldgroup.com.

Another project---this one I’m not familiar with but it crossed my desk today---is a new neurobiology journal from MIT Press. Here are the unique features, from their press release:

Neurobiology of Language will provide a high-quality outlet for rapid and open dissemination of important findings, and the journal’s modern open science requirements will facilitate the reproducibility of experimental findings. The journal will also publish negative findings and replications using the mechanism of “registered reports,” whereby papers consisting only of an introduction and extensive detailed methods will be reviewed and accepted or rejected prior to the performance of the actual experiment. This practice removes the incentive for positive results and leads to more robust research findings.

Several MIT Press folks are part of OSI.

Congratulations all around!

More sharing like this is welcome here any time---please feel free to post directly.

Best regards,

Glenn

Glenn Hampson
Executive Director