FTC and SSRN

Lisa Hinchliffe

Dec 22, 2017, 6:13:27 PM12/22/17
to The Open Scholarship Initiative
Hello. Maybe it is my Google search skills failing me (too many papers on the SSRN platform about the FTC) so let me turn to a group of folks who liking know....

What happened to the FTC review of Elsevier's purchase of SSRN? (Described within: https://poynder.blogspot.com/2016/07/socarxiv-debuts-as-ssrn-acquisition.html) .... does nothing showing up mean this likely amount to nothing or would it still be underway?

Lisa

___

Lisa Janicke Hinchliffe
lisali...@gmail.com

Lisa Hinchliffe

Dec 22, 2017, 8:49:58 PM12/22/17
to The Open Scholarship Initiative
Just sharing for everyone else who is interested .... it turns out that if I had checked all the way down to the end of the post I liked to ... the answer was already there in a comment. FTC closed case shortly thereafter. Lisa

___

Lisa Janicke Hinchliffe
lisali...@gmail.com