more faculty OA activity

Bryan Alexander

Oct 16, 2017, 11:06:13 PM10/16/17
to The Open Scholarship Initiative
Forgive me if we covered this already:

Five leading German scientists have resigned from their editorial positions at journals published by Elsevier, the latest step in a battle over open-access and subscription policies between the Dutch publishing giant and a consortium of German libraries, universities, and research institutes.

The researchers want Elsevier to accept a new payment model that would make all papers authored by Germany-based researchers open access. The five are only the first of many ready to step down, warn leaders of the consortium, called Projekt DEAL.

--
http://twitter.com/BryanAlexander
Future Trends in Technology and Education, http://ftte.us/

Wise, Alicia (ELS-OXF)

Oct 17, 2017, 5:38:12 AM10/17/17
to The Open Scholarship Initiative, Wise, Alicia (ELS-OXF)

Hi all,

The Science article didn’t originally carry our statement, and so for convenience here it is:

Elsevier respects the decisions of the editors to consider stepping down if an agreement with HRK isn’t reached. We would like to express appreciation to each of them for their collaboration with us and their contributions to their journals and science as whole. As publishers, we respect and protect editorial independence. It is therefore regrettable and unfortunate that the DEAL negotiations now affect this. We remain dedicated to achieving a successful outcome of these negotiations. This requires constructive dialogue and collaboration.

With best wishes,

Alicia

Dr Alicia Wise

Senior Vice President, Global Strategic Networks

Elsevier