[osg-users] osg::DatabasePager and paged lod database

guher b

Jan 17, 2008, 7:12:01 AM1/17/08
to osg-...@lists.openscenegraph.org
Hi,

I would like to view a pagedlod database that has one
pagedlod child via osgViewer(both the master file and
the paged lod file's are in osg format).
I add database pager to osgViewer, yet the paged
database could not be viewed in the viewer.The non
paged lod database (in flt format) can be viewed
without any problems. Has anybody else encountered
this problem?

I think that the paged lod database I have generated
from openflight database(via a code I have found from
this mailing list, which don't seem to have any flaws
in it) is not valid. However, i can not see any
problem in the files. And, the viewer can not view the
database.
The general structure of the paged lod database master
file is,

Group {
DataVariance UNSPECIFIED
name "SomeNode"
nodeMask 0xffffffff
cullingActive TRUE
num_children 1
Group {
DataVariance UNSPECIFIED
name "g0"
nodeMask 0xffffffff
cullingActive TRUE
num_children 1
Group {
DataVariance UNSPECIFIED
name "g0"
nodeMask 0xffffffff
cullingActive TRUE
num_children 1
Group {
DataVariance UNSPECIFIED
name "g1"
nodeMask 0xffffffff
cullingActive TRUE
num_children 1
PagedLOD {
DataVariance UNSPECIFIED
nodeMask 0xffffffff
cullingActive TRUE
Center 13806.9 24056.3 1079.8
Radius 964.735
RangeMode DISTANCE_FROM_EYE_POINT
RangeList 1 {
0 5000
}
NumChildrenThatCannotBeExpired 0
FileNameList 1 {
flight0_0.osg
}
num_children 0
}
}
}
}
}

Do you see any problems?

Thanks in advance

Robert Osfield

Jan 18, 2008, 3:47:29 AM1/18/08
to OpenSceneGraph Users
Hi,

osgViewer::Viewer/CompositeViewer all have the DatabasePager built
into them, and will automatically run the database pager thread on
demand and take care of all the operations required to manage a paged
database. So adding a DatabasePager to osgViewer would be rather
counter productive.

Robert.

guher b

Jan 18, 2008, 8:19:55 AM1/18/08
to osg-...@lists.openscenegraph.org
Hi,
I removed the databasepager part from the code and
still osgViewer can not view the database. Can it be
related to my graphic card that supports two monitors?

thanks a heap

Be a better friend, newshound, and

Robert Osfield

Jan 18, 2008, 8:49:43 AM1/18/08
to OpenSceneGraph Users
On Jan 18, 2008 1:19 PM, guher b <gb...@yahoo.com> wrote:
> I removed the databasepager part from the code and
> still osgViewer can not view the database. Can it be
> related to my graphic card that supports two monitors?

Database paging functionality is totally orthogonal the graphics
card/window set up.

Have you tried loading your model into osgviewer?

Robert.

Brian R Hill

Jan 18, 2008, 9:23:28 AM1/18/08
to OpenSceneGraph Users
There are a couple possible reasons:
- Camera isn't close enough to the PagedLOD node (LOD range) so it isn't
being rendered. It looks like you need to be within 5000 m (units) of
node's center (13806.9 24056.3 1079.8).
- PagedLOD node isn't paged in yet. If the PagedLOD node is really big, it
can take some time to load.

You should be able to use osgViewer to see your database. Run the command:

osgViewer master.ive

Hit the space bar.

Rotate/scroll around the database using the osgViewer controls.

Do you see your model?

Brian