New Food Waste Film Tuesday, 9/26 - Wasted! and November Events

Portia, LITE

Sep 21, 2017, 10:38:21 AM9/21/17
to osc_eart...@googlegroups.com
LITE Initiatives
DIY Skills, Tools and Community Empowerment
DRIVE LESS | BIKE MORE | LIVE LITE| ZERO WASTE

UPCOMING ZERO WASTE EVENTS
Wasted! The Story of Food Waste

Tuesday, September 26,  6pm
Rialto Cinema, Sebastopol

Zero Waste Curious?

A 350.org Sonoma event
Tuesday, November 14, 6:30pm
Sebastopol Grange

6th Annual Holiday Giftaway

Sunday, November 26, 1-3pm
Sebastopol Grange

Special Film Preview!
Wasted!
The Story of Food Waste

Rialto Cinemas, 6pm
Tuesday, September 26

Sponsored by
Zero Waste Sonoma County

Local experts will be available to discuss the film and current Sonoma County Zero Waste initiatives.

Please purchase tickets in advance so we have an idea of how many people are coming.

Anthony Bourdain unites with a cast of food world heavy hitters like Mario Batali, Dan Barber, Sean Brock, and Danny Bowien, to name a few. Together, they tackle the heavy truths of our global system of food production and disposal. The documentary examines every link on the chain that comprises our current food system, looking wherever possible for places to maximize usage and reduce waste. The truths that belie food waste statistics are harrowing and it seems this documentary is poised to confront them head on.

Official Site   Trailer  Tickets

Thanks to GreenMary.com ten scholarship tickets are available on request. One per person. Send a note to: zwso...@sonic.net.

Zero Waste Curious?

November 14, 350.org presentation on Zero Waste featuring LITE Ed Portia Sinnott - tentatively at the Sebastopol Grange. More info soon: http://350sonoma.org/

6th Annual Holiday GiftAway!

A fun, ecological way to get GIFTS, new-to-you household items and clothing, AND give away quality, reusable goods! Please leave large, heavy and/or toxic items at home.

The Sunday after Thanksgiving, November 26,1-3pm, Sebastopol Grange, 6000 Sebastopol Ave. East of town on Hwy 12. Please carpool!

Important: Volunteers make this community event possible! Every adult must volunteer for 30 minutes (it’s fun!) or make a $10 donation. Please sign-up in advance - swap...@sonic.net.

www.liteinitiatives.org/swaps
Facebook: LITE Clothing Swaps and
Zero Waste Sonoma County

Cosponsored By:
Transition Sebastopol and Sebastopol Grange #306

Sponsored in part by:

Community Bikes

Collaborative Bike Shop

Learn to Maintain and Fix Your Bike!

4009 Sebatopol Rd, Santa Rosa at Fulton/Wright
near Joe Rodota Trail
707 579-5811

Sales/Drop-off:
Thursday - Sunday 1-5pm

Parts/Clinic:
Saturday & Sunday 1-5pm, Clinic: $10 per hour plus parts

A program of LITE Iniatives founded in 2003.

Interested in volunteering? Please review the website and then send us a note at comb...@sonic.net.
Thanks

http://liteinitiatives.org/bike_more

LITE Initiatives - a Sonoma County based 501c3 not-for-profit working group.

www.liteinitiatives.org  707 579-5811

Portia Sinnott, Executive Director
LITE Initiatives, a non-profit working group specializing in simple, sustainable practices with significant consequences.
Programs: Car-Lite, Community Bikes, Living Green, Zero Waste Sonoma County
www.liteinitiatives.org

Wasted.pdf

Emerald

Sep 26, 2017, 4:27:46 AM9/26/17
to osc_eart...@googlegroups.com
Dear Portia;
Can you tell us a little more about your Zero Waste event on Nov. 14?  What do you plan to cover?
Love,
Emerald

--
www.OccupySonomaCounty.org