Proposed Agenda for Climate Activists meeting 1/29 by 350 Sonoma (notes from last meeting attached)

1 view

Emerald

Jan 23, 2018, 4:16:19 AM1/23/18
to osc_eart...@googlegroups.com
Inline image 2
SONOMA COUNTY CLIMATE CHANGE ACTIVISTS

Hello Climate Activists!

It was wonderful all meeting together in October.  So much great climate activism in our county!  At the last meeting, 350 Sonoma volunteered to facilitate our next meeting on Monday, January 29th, 7-9pm at the Peace and Justice Center.

For our group, one of the best outcomes of our last two meetings was the networking we were able to do with people in other groups, so we decided that, for this meeting, we would build in time for networking.  Here is how we are structuring the meeting:

7-8:15pm:
  -Quick introductions (go around the room, state name and organization)
  -  Brief presentations (5 minutes) by groups who have current campaigns/ efforts where they would like support, energy, input, etc. from other groups and individuals

8:15-9pm:
  -   Networking/ break-out time.  People can talk with individuals from groups that have a campaign/effort that they are interested in helping with.

In planning for this meeting, the 350 Sonoma steering committee decided that the best use of our short time together would be to get right down to the business of supporting each other in all of the important work our individual groups are doing, so we will not be allotting meeting time to deciding on a group name or mission statement.

If your group would like to make a 5-min presentation on a current campaign/ effort at the Jan 29th meeting, please email me (Sunny) with a brief description of what you will present (2-3 sentences will be fine) so we can put together the agenda.

Looking forward to seeing you all!

-Sunny Galbraith
galbrai...@gmail.com
350 Sonoma Steering Committee