Bill Gates has radical plans to change our food. What's on the menu?

1 view

Ruess

Jun 9, 2021, 10:43:32 AM6/9/21
to OSC EARTH ACTION GROUP, climateac...@googlegroups.com, Occupy Sonoma County
And now, for this:

Take good care.  Stay active.
Rue

Bill Gates and his agribusiness industry partners are proposing to transform the food we eat and how we make it. We take a closer look at what’s on their menu: genetic engineering -- and patenting -- of everything from seeds and food animals, to microbes in the soil, to the processes we use to make food.

The Gates-backed Ginkgo Bioworks, a start-up that makes “custom organisms,” just went public in a $17.5 billion deal; it plans to produce GMO yeast that can add flavors, scents and textures to a wide range of ultra-processed foods. The Gates Foundation meanwhile backs efforts to expand monoculture farming in Africa, experiments to genetically engineer cows, and gene drives that can eradicate a species.

What could go wrong?  Are these really the “sustainability” solutions that Bill Gates claims they are? Read Stacy Malkan’s new report and please share: Bill Gates has radical plans to change our food. What’s on the menu?