Fwd: URGENT ACTION! Send a Letter to your Representative to Support Public Banks in CA! *Please Forward*

Hoai-An

Feb 20, 2019, 1:36:41 AM2/20/19
to ClimateActivists-SC, OSC Earth Action, divestment-california, May 1st Coalition
Dear friends,

We urgently request your help. Please use the link below to send a letter to your Representative
to support public banks in California

We - Sonoma Solidarity with Standing Rock - have been promoting divestment, as called
for by Standing Rock and other Native American leadership.

Since May 2017, Sonoma Solidarity with Standing Rock has been working on public banking
as a way for our local institutions to divest from big banks. A public bank can be set up as a
wholesale bank so that it can partner with local banks and credit unions to offer lower interest
loans. It does not compete with them. Public banking can cut the cost of rebuilding infrastructure
in HALF. That means more money can be put towards rebuilding housing lost in the fires,
invested in solar upgrades, affordable housing, fire resilience, lower interest student loans, and more.

This is not only crucial for institutional divestment, it can provide great local benefits in the
years to come. Public banking is also part of the Green New Deal. This is an idea whose time
has come. Please send your letter today! Thank you!!!

For more info about public banking, please check out our partners, the Friends of Public Banking

We stand with Standing Rock. Won't you stand with us?

-- Sonoma Solidarity with Standing Rock