Llano Road & Highway 12 Gasoline Station Proposal - Updates for early August

1 view

Woody Hastings

Aug 4, 2019, 12:00:33 PM8/4/19
to OSC - Earth Action Campaign
Name:  No Gas Image small.jpeg
Size:  30.6 KB

Hi OSC Earth Action Folks, and welcome to August!

I went ahead and deleted earlier posts on this topic as the info has changed, attachments revised, etc. Such is the way of these things.

Please help share this info far & wide...

Attached is a revised handout and petition. Both are revised to reflect that the fuel storage tanks are planned to be ABOVE GROUND, very close to the Joe Rodota trail. That might help address the leaking underground storage tank problem, but it introduces a whole new set of risks. In the handout we have also added our Facebook page and two other important recipients of letters, the two Planning Commissioners for County District 5, where the proposed gas station is located.

Handout: Share online, print, post on coffee shop bulletin boards, etc.
Petition: Print, get signatures from your neighbors, at your workplace, events, etc. and return them to me. (We can make arrangements)

If you have not yet sent an email/letter, please do. We have learned that letters are being noticed and are causing a stir! Let's keep stirring! Some points you can make:
  • There is no need for a gas station in this location. There are 7 existing stations within a 5-mile radius, one just a mile down the road
  • This proposal is out of line... it requires a General Plan Amendment and a zone change - what's the point of General Plans and zones if you change them for unnecessary thing like this?
See other points in the handout. Here the people to send your emails to:
As a reminder, this proposal will next come up at the County's Board of Zoning Adjustments (BZA). The BZA usually meets on the 2nd and 4th Thursday of each month at 1pm. There is no meeting on August 8. The next date it may be on the agenda is August 22. Mark your calendar and we will alert you as early as possible.

Lastly, for those of you who want to get more involved, we have a googlegroup where more frequent info updates and discussions occur just on this gas station topic. Contact me at woodyhastings at gmail dot com if you'd like to hop on that listserv.

OK, that's all for now,

Till next time,
No New Gas!
-Woody