Will All Sonoma County Jurisdictions Require Solar PV on New Homes?

1 view

Tom Conlon

Nov 13, 2017, 8:50:18 PM11/13/17
to osc_eart...@googlegroups.com
Dear Sonoma Valley Climate Coalition Members and Friends,

Great news! On Nov 8 the City of Sonoma's Community Service and Environment Commission voted unanimously (item 6b) to recommend that the City Council adopt the new Model Solar Photovoltaic Ordinance for new homes built inside the City limits. The CA Energy Commission has determined this to be cost effective, which means the added initial expense will actually save money by making energy bills more affordable to owners and renters alike.

If approved by the City Council at a future date (TBD), this would be yet another example of our town's commitment to commonsense climate action.

After so much suffering, we hope Sonoma and other jurisdictions -- especially the unincorporated County, Santa Rosa, and Rohnert Park -- will act quickly on the faith that we really can #RebuildForResilience.

¡Juntos Si Se Puede! -- Together Yes We Can!

-Tom
http://www.sonomaclimate.com/

--
Thomas P. Conlon
Volunteer / Steering Committee

Facebook: TransitionSV
Twitter: TransitionSV

V Jacobi

Nov 14, 2017, 1:51:23 AM11/14/17
to osc_eart...@googlegroups.com

Yay Tom, Yay Solar, Yay City of Sonoma!

--
www.OccupySonomaCounty.org
---

Marsha Dupre

Nov 14, 2017, 2:55:37 AM11/14/17
to V Jacobi, osc_eart...@googlegroups.com

Yes!!!!   Hope that this happens in all these jurisdictions asap.

Marsha

Bev Alexander

Nov 14, 2017, 3:37:44 AM11/14/17
to Marsha Dupre, V Jacobi, osc_eart...@googlegroups.com
We need to make sure it happens in all of Sonoma County!

“Let no one do harm to anyone. Let no one put the life of anyone in danger. Let no one, out of anger or ill will, wish anyone any harm." - The Buddha