from Jorge: Supervisor James Gore committed to the Climate Change Major Disaster Declarations

Jorge Rebagliati

Feb 21, 2018, 6:28:39 PM2/21/18
to OSC - Earth Action Campaign
 Dear friends:

Yesterday I had a one-hour meeting with James Gore, 4th District Supervisor and Sonoma County Board of Supervisors Chair .

He is totally supportive of the strategy of a Sonoma County Climate Change-Ready County to reorganize the County around Climate Recovery and Climate Change Adaptation (Gore brought this up himself during the meeting) started by the issuance of an official Climate Change Major Disaster Declaration.  He is quite sure that he can get the votes from the rest of the supervisors to issue the Declaration.

His alliance to our campaign can be a game changer for Climate Change Action here and elsewhere.

Your enthusiastic support of his decision would be very reassuring for Supervisor Gore and encourage him to act sooner.

Please consider e-mailing him at Dist...@sonoma-county.org

Your e-mail could be something like this:

As a resident of Sonoma County and as a member of the OSC-Earth Action Campaign and of (your organization, if any) I want to express my great joy from your wise and bold decision of leading the total transformation of Sonoma County to become a Climate Change-Ready County by committing all our resources, and external aid resources, to Climate Recovery and Climate Change Adaptation, starting with the issuance of an official Climate Change Major Disaster Declaration.

We support you and urge you and the Sonoma County Board of Supervisors and City Councils to issue public, in-writing, detailed-enough Climate Change Major Disaster Declarations with the power of Executive Orders and to obtain the State, Federal and private funding and other resources that the Major Disaster Declarations will empower us to get.

I am available to assist you with the redaction of the Declarations and with its implementation, if you find it necessary.

Thank you from the bottom of my heart,

Joe Climate

You could also enclose in the e-mail top Gore, the links to our two Climate Change Major Disaster Declaration petitions.

Your support now can help change, for the better, our world and the rest of the world.

Love,

Jorge

Climate Change Major Disaster Declaration Campaign

Jorge Rebagliati

Feb 21, 2018, 6:33:24 PM2/21/18
to OSC - Earth Action Campaign
I forgot to mention that if you e-mail Gore please send a blind copy to the OSC-Earth Action Campaign.

Jorge

"We are the ones we've been waiting for"

DECLARATION: "Climate Crisis Is Already A Major Disaster"

Jorge Rebagliati

Feb 22, 2018, 5:41:05 PM2/22/18
to ClimateActivists-SC, OSC - Earth Action Campaign
Dear friends:

Yesterday I sent you the e-mail bellow, followed by another one asking you to BCC our groups in order to know how many had contacted Supervisor James Gore.

If you have not written to Supervisor Gore expressing your support in your name and as a member of your organization/s please do it as soon as possible.

I assume that living in a Climate Change-Ready County (world) is a priority that is at the top of your list of priorities, (even though you may believe that is not possible), so if you want that, please e-mail James Gore your support for his determination to fight for the Climate Change Major Disaster Declarations and for a Climate Change Ready County.

This is a rare opportunity that we must not waste.  Supervisor James Gore has already made up her mind but if he gets our support he will be even more determined to move forward as fast as possible.

Signing our two petitions and promoting them would also help to back our local government and to put more pressure on the Governors who are our greater target.

PLEASE JOIN US NOW.  Acting passionately now to make our dreams come true is much better than sitting around a table at a shelter after the next fire, flood or tornado, lamenting about what we did not do when we could.

Love,

Jorge

[...]

As a resident of Sonoma County and as a member of the Sonoma County Climate Activist Network (Sonoma County CAN) and of (your organization, if any) I want to express my great joy from your wise and bold decision of leading the total transformation of Sonoma County to become a Climate Change-Ready County by committing all our resources, and external aid resources, to Climate Recovery and Climate Change Adaptation, starting with the issuance of an official Climate Change Major Disaster Declaration.

--
If you are getting too many emails from this mailing list, email sonomaso...@gmail.com, mention the Climate Action group (as we manage several mailing lists) and we can switch you to digest mode. So instead of getting lots of individual messages, you get a batch of messages (up to 25) combined into one very long message. The digest will contain a summary of the subject lines at the top, so you can quickly scan them and click on any of topics to jump to the part you want to read. It's easier to read/scan that way. Hopefully that will be easier to manage.

However if you wish to unsubscribe, instructions are below.
.
---
You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups "ClimateActivists-SC" group.
To view this discussion on the web visit https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/climateactivists-sc/1615584074.3131944.1519235316729%40mail.yahoo.com.