From Jorge: calling in the "Climate troops". We are getting closer to a Climate Change Action-Centered Sonoma County

Jorge Rebagliati

Nov 23, 2017, 1:49:29 AM11/23/17
to osc_eart...@googlegroups.com
Dear friends:

The momentum to achieve the issuance of Climate Change Major Disaster Declarations by the Sonoma County Board of Supervisors and the City Councils is growing.

On Wednesday 11/15/17 I met with Supervisor Lynda Hopkins who is very interested in the Declarations and wanted to understand better how the Declarations would work to attract resources to Sonoma County for our quest of turning it into a Climate Change-Ready County.  She said that Supervisor James Gore shares her vision of transforming the county to meet the demands of the changing environment.  Some of you met with another supervisor and were intending to support the Declarations strategy at that meeting.

Another positive signal came from Santa Rosa Council Member Jack Tibbetts, who came to our table at a local restaurant to tell me that he strongly supported my comments at the recent Board of Supervisors and Santa Rosa City Council joint meeting.

The Declarations we are seeking are not declamatory, they are full-fledged executive orders, in writing, public and detailed enough to specify the needs and the commitments to deal with the Climate Crisis.  They also define Climate Change as a Major Disaster, giving Climate Change the highest level of urgency to act and allows Sonoma County to apply for external funding and other resources to respond to the Major Disaster.

Climate Change Action leadership generally agrees that nothing less that a "World War-type mobilization" will be now effective to deal with Climate Change.  We say that because during World War II, in just about 6 months the USA got transformed in all ways to face the war crisis, and it all got started with a Declaration of War.  Yes, a Declaration.  So, our governments' Climate Change Major Disaster Declarations will be our "Declarations of War".

Also, be aware that the help that Sonoma County has gotten for the fire storms and their consequences got triggered by governmental Disaster Declarations.  We are proposing to make Declarations for Climate Change as the source of the extreme environmental disasters we have started to experience in Sonoma County and elsewhere in the world.

We must officially make Climate Change Action (In all its aspects) THE CORE ORGANIZING PRINCIPLE FOR OUR SOCIETY AND ECONOMY.

We have told Supervisors and City Council Members that Sonoma County is in a very strong position to succeed with the Declarations.  Below are several reasons why that it is so:

1) Sonoma County is now the center of attention from the "unprecedented" super fire storms and the great losses inflicted by them.

2) Sonoma County has become another Ground Zero for Climate Change.

3) Sonoma County already has the Climate Change Action 2020 Plan that can be quickly adapted to formalize a full Climate mobilization in both Climate Restoration and Climate Change Adaptation to achieve a carbon-negative status as fast as it is physically possible and to achieve all the adaptation work also as fast as it is physically possible.

4) Sonoma County would influence Governor Jerry Brown to come out with his own Climate Change Major Disaster Declaration.

5) Sonoma County would get funding and other resources from governments, organizations and individuals that would contribute for statutory and vocational reasons.  This help would be essential to accelerate the recovery in Sonoma County and cover the cost estimated at over $4 billion dollars (just to replace what was lost).

6) Trump might withhold federal help for this Declaration but by doing so he will stir up the Climate Change issue nationally and internationally.

7) Sonoma County can rebuild focused on transforming its society and economy to be in harmony with the environment, as the challenges of the New Climate demand.

8) Sonoma County would be the first territory to officially acknowledge that humanity is in a DO OR DIE situation from Climate Change and fully act on resolving it.

 9) The transformation of our society and economy to really deal with Climate Change will give a strong sense of common purpose to all Sonomans and dynamize the economy in a way that other communities will want to emulate.

10) Sonoma County would tell the world that is not about the WEATHER anymore but about the BIG WEATHER (CLIMATE). It is not "bad weather", it is the making of the "new weather" by the "new climate".

To succeed in saving the planet and humanity we must act on the whole Climate Change issue.  Acting on individual parts of Climate Change will not be enough and will guarantee failure.  Think of the planet and humanity as being the Titanic ocean liner: would patching some of the holes in its hull had stopped it from sinking?  We must patch all the holes simultaneously.

To help you understand Declarations better I have attached 4 documents:

1) Philip Sutton's assay (You have seen this one before).
2) The City of Hoboken (NJ) Resolution to address Climate Change:  a resolution is an intention to act but not a formal commitment to act as in a Declaration.
3) A primer on the Robert T.Stafford Disaster Relief and Emergency Assistance Act, that discusses the issuance of Emergency and Disaster Declarations by Governors and the President, and its effects.
4) My comments at the Rohnert Park meeting to approve the Climate Action 2020 Plan: where I warned them that the scope of the Plan was not enough to really have an impact on Climate Change.

If you stand behind our proposal for our governments to issue Climate Change Major Disaster Declarations please contact (by e-mail, phone, in person, etc.) the Sonoma County Supervisors and Council Members to show support and offer cooperation. We can be partners in the "unprecedented" achievement of transforming a whole county into a Climate Change Action-Centered Zone in the immediate future.  Our government officials will welcome the support from individuals and organizations to take this big step.

Let's get this done.  Let's take a break from complaining about the Donald.  Let's also give cynicism a rest.  Together we can start something big right here and influence the rest of the world.

 Hugs and Happy Thanksgiving,

Jorge

It is no use saying “we are doing our best”.  You have got to succeed in doing what is necessary.    Winston Churchill

Local govnt. Climate Change Declaration.pdf
Resolution by the City of Hoboken, N. J..pdf
FEMA's disaster declaration process.pdf
Comments for Climate Action meeting in Rohnert Park.pages

Jorge Rebagliati

Bob

Nov 29, 2017, 3:37:17 PM11/29/17
to Jorge Rebagliati, osc_eart...@googlegroups.com
Hi Jorge and OSC,

Your Declaration aimed at gathering support from local elected officials is an excellent starter, an alert to join in a critically necessary progressive push, but your organizing impact will be less that you might achieve unless you mount a parallel or subsequent drive to implement conversion to TaaS with all electric AVs, charged off solar PV, financed off garage conversions.

Until some market, like Sonoma County's 500k souls, demonstrates that fossil fuels can be quickly and profitably removed from the transportation sector of our economy, political organizing will be only nibbling at the edges of the problem. We are way past the time during which political organizing has the potential to meaningfully avert climate change. We now need fast, massive market transformations.

Since the technology and the money are already here to accomplish those transformations, organizing for political impact rather than market impact dissipates the energy needed to make a difference in outcomes.

If you have interest in rooftop solar and garage conversions, I’d be glad to share what we know.

Sincerely,

Bob Higham

--
www.OccupySonomaCounty.org
---
<Local govnt. Climate Change Declaration.pdf><Resolution by the City of Hoboken, N. J..pdf><FEMA's disaster declaration process.pdf><Comments for Climate Action meeting in Rohnert Park.pages>

Jorge Rebagliati

Nov 29, 2017, 9:21:02 PM11/29/17
to Bob, osc_eart...@googlegroups.com
Dear Bob:

Thank you for your input.  What you are offering is definitely part of the solution, but it is only a part.

Unfortunately, Climate Change is not a punctual problem, it is a global problem that impacts every region and every aspect of human activity, and has grown to a critical level.

We support a World War II-Type Mobilization instead of a market-based strategy because humanity has run out of time for indirect approaches to deal with Climate Change.  The changes in the parameters that rule the Climate are too advanced for an indirect and gradual strategy.  We literally need to get on war footing to deal with Climate Change with the necessary speed and scale.

Climate Change has undoubtedly reached the level of disaster (and it will get worse) so we have to respond accordingly like we have done it in other extreme crisis (like World War II) when we had to transform everything needed to solve the crisis.  The Declarations, as we present them, are the tool to get that transformation going now and commit every resource to it.

As with our recent catastrophic fire storms in California when we had to leave any profit motives aside and focus on putting out the fires, we must use all our resources to deal with Climate Change without mainly focusing on cutting costs and generating profit.  The market-based strategy is what has been used for decades and obviously has not worked.  It could have worked in the 1980s if governments would have guided that strategy to assure that the annual reductions in Greenhouse Gases were met, but that did not happen.  Also, in those early stages, the Climate Change Adaptation aspect of Climate Change Action was not much needed (Unlike now when it has reached an urgency close to Climate Restoration).

Think of Climate Change as a very large asteroid hurling towards the Earth.  We would do everything possible (No mattering the cost) to deviate or destroy the asteroid because of its potential to destroy the Earth and we would prepare for the possibility of a direct hit.  Climate Change is like that asteroid, its damaging impacts have started to affect the Earth and it has the potential to destroy the biosphere,  Without doing EVERYTHING possible to stop Climate Change (In relative terms) and adapt to the new environmental circumstances, that potential will be fulfilled.

Our governments had to issue Major Disaster Declarations for the fire storms in Northern California to get the internal and external resources, and the organization to deal with the fires and their consequences.  Now it is time to issue Declarations for Climate Change itself.

Thank you for your comments.  They helped me to explain to all of you why our Climate Change Action strategy must move to a holistic strategy were every aspect of Climate Change is dealt with in its totality and in the present time.

Best regards,

Jorge

"We are the ones we've been waiting for"

DECLARATION: "Climate Crisis Is Already A Major Disaster"

Emerald

Nov 30, 2017, 4:22:12 AM11/30/17
to Bob, osc_eart...@googlegroups.com
Dear Bob;
There are many different groups and individuals participating in the OSC Earth Action listserv.  Everyone is encouraged to share and participate, and opinions expressed are individual.
OSC has a Climate Declaration that we have reached consensus on.  It is included in the current Earth Action In The News.  There is an article about our climate change activism in the new Peace Press that just came out.  We are issuing a press release as a call to action that will be coming out soon.
We would love to have more of your, and everyone's, input into our climate activism.  Please attend the next Earth Action Campaign meeting on Monday, January 15 at 7 PM at the PJC.  OSC is an Occupy group with a focus that is primarily grassroots.  Please join us.
Love,
Emerald

707-877-6650
http://OccupySonomaCounty.org
(en español)

Occupy Sonoma County embraces the egalitarian, deep democracy principles of the Occupy Movement with a regional strategy for effectively organizing county-wide social justice campaigns that are globally relevant.

<Local govnt. Climate Change Declaration.pdf><Resolution by the City of Hoboken, N. J..pdf><FEMA's disaster declaration process.pdf><Comments for Climate Action meeting in Rohnert Park.pages>

--
www.OccupySonomaCounty.org
---

Dave Molidor

Nov 30, 2017, 12:19:07 PM11/30/17
to Jorge Rebagliati, Bob, osc_eart...@googlegroups.com
Are we seeing the stratospheric injections of aerosols being sprayed into our skies each and every day, passing as "clouds", insulating and trapping heat in? If we are going to be talking about "climate change", it is highly disengenuous to not acknowledge what we can witness with our own eyes: planes make. clouds these days.
And the rare days when we see natural puffy cumulus popcorn clouds is the contrast.

The global aerosol spraying program cannot be overlooked when it's a fact that pseudocirrous clouds trap heat in and exacerbate climate issues.

I'm happy to provide evidence that these clouds are loaded with toxic nanoparticulates from the numerous rain water tests that are the same nanoparticulates mentioned in Geoengineering "proposals".

I'm all for sounding the alarm on climate issues but at some point you have to acknowledge the reality of the situation that we are being sprayed like bugs every day and no one seems to be batting an eye.

Let's go people!!! We are the change and we are the ones we've been waiting for.

Molidor, David Lawrence
dba DAVID LAWRENCE MOLIDOR
business entity ID#875120400020
Minnesota Secretary of State
The Orgonized Earth

"This message may contain confidential and/or privileged information. If you are not the addressee or authorized to receive this for the addressee, you must not use, copy, disclose, or take any action based on this message or any information herein. If you have received this message in error, please advise the sender immediately by reply e-mail and delete this message. Thank you for your cooperation."

Jorge Rebagliati

Nov 30, 2017, 12:57:52 PM11/30/17
to Dave Molidor, Bob, osc_eart...@googlegroups.com
Dear Dave:

If you have good evidence of stratospheric injections of aerosols you should start a campaign to dismantle that program immediately.

If those "injections" are also contributing with Global Warming, their elimination would be part of a total Climate Change Action mandate, like the one we are proposing.  ALL sources of atmospheric warming will be eliminated as fast as it is physically possible instead of by some future hypothetical date.

We are not just sounding the alarm about the gravity of the Climate Crisis, we are demanding immediate and massive action.

Thank you for participating.

Best regards,

Jorge

"We are the ones we've been waiting for"

DECLARATION: "Climate Crisis Is Already A Major Disaster"

Dec 1, 2017, 8:17:39 PM12/1/17
to Jorge Rebagliati, osc_eart...@googlegroups.com
Jorge, I agree with you on every point.  I’ve been there for 10-12 frustrating years, knowing no one willing to talk about it.  You’ve written an uncommonly full and lucid reply and I thank you for your patience.  I’ll gladly do what I can to support your work.

If any on the OSC team are interested in garage conversion as homeowners or with interest in roles as realtors, carpenters/contractors, we’d be glad to talk to them.  There’s good opportunity for carpenters/ contractors too tired to swing a hammer, willing to teach skills, hold a sharp eye on quality, and interested in earning a good return for time invested.

Sincerely,

Bob Higham

V Jacobi

Dec 1, 2017, 8:24:58 PM12/1/17
to Bob, Jorge Rebagliati, osc_eart...@googlegroups.com

Hi Bob and all,

I want to create EcoVilles (basically greening housing and edible forests and carbon forests additions and goal of carbon negative).  Coordinating efforts and teamwork and financing as co-owner or investment in a variety of forms are all of interest to me.

Jorge Rebagliati

Dec 1, 2017, 8:51:54 PM12/1/17
to Bob, osc_eart...@googlegroups.com
Dear Bob:

I am still amazed that so few of us realize that dealing with Climate Change as a Major Environmental (Man-Made) Disaster opens the door to total commitment to solve the greatest global "issue" humanity has faced (at least in historical times).  It allows a community like ours to totally commit and to be entitled to get help from sources external to our community.

How can you support us?  You can get on board our campaign and invite your friends and allies to do the same.  We described a way that you can use your influence in our previous e-mail:
"If you stand behind our proposal for our governments to issue Climate Change Major Disaster Declarations please contact (by e-mail, phone, in person, etc.) the Sonoma County Supervisors and Council Members to show support and offer cooperation. We can be partners in the "unprecedented" achievement of transforming a whole county into a Climate Change Action-Centered Zone in the immediate future.  Our government officials will welcome the support from individuals and organizations to take this big step."

You can also sign and share the supporting petitions (They are a way to show politicians that more people are waking up and are demanding immediate and massive action) .

Please believe we can do this.  You are not alone anymore and the current environmental and political conditions are favorable.  You will find out that your 10-12 frustrating years when no one was willing to really talk about Climate have not been in vain.

Love,