RE: [Climate Activists-SC] Climate Action Summit cancelled

1 view

Elaine B. Holtz

Mar 12, 2020, 8:34:17 PM3/12/20
to mt...@aol.com, alliance4j...@googlegroups.com, mini...@uusantarosa.org, cathy...@ochslabs.com, christin...@gmail.com, edi...@transitionsonomavalley.org, friends...@sbcglobal.net, gagla...@gmail.com, gfe...@sonic.net, green-north-bay-...@googlegroups.com, johnl...@gmail.com, Lrob...@sonic.net, osc_eart...@googlegroups.com, rab...@cstsr.org, sar...@dailyacts.org, ss...@northbayop.org, tab...@lwvsonoma.org, tta...@ggenesis.com

Hi All, So sorry to hear this had to be cancelled after all your hard work.  When you set another date please let me know.

What a wake up call  this is on so many fronts, demonstrating again some of the damage from climate change/global warming and the danger of not

Having medical care for all and our tax dollars need to go for medical needs ie doctors, hospitals, cleaning the environment, schools not wars.

Thank all of you for your work in the community, it takes a village and so happy to know all of you are in my village.

Elaine

Elaine B. Holtz

Producer/Host "Women's Spaces

www.womensspaces.com

(707) 527-5987

March 12, 2020

Re: Climate Summit

Dear Climate Activists,

    After much deliberation, we have made the tough decision to exercise an abundance of caution and postpone It’s Up to Us: Sonoma County Climate Activists Community Summit, scheduled for Sunday. We made the decision yesterday afternoon, when Sonoma County’s Public Health Officer, Dr. Mase, advised against holding or attending any indoor event of 50 or more- especially if people 60 or older are expected to attend. We decided to follow the County’s advice and to hold the Summit later this year..

    About our working documents: the program brochure has been printed and is a powerful tool for Sonoma County's climate activists and organizations to use. We will be pleased to provide the program to all who registered, all groups hosting tables, and to all groups and individuals who are featured in the program.

    Thank you so much for offering to participate in the Climate Summit; we hope you will join us as we reschedule and plan for the event.

We look forward to hearing back from you when we reach out again.

    We are confident this crisis will pull people together; neighbors will help neighbors with a sense of unity that is much needed in our deeply divided country. Hopefully, this will be an opportunity for the world to learn critical lessons of how countries can work together that can be applied to our common goal of addressing the climate crisis.

    Once again, thank you for all you do - we look forward to continuing this incredibly important conversation.

Sincerely,

The Climate Summit Planning Committee

Wayne Morgenthaler

Amanda Hopkins

Maya Khosla

Kevin Conway

Anne Cummings Jacopetti

Dana Brown

and Emerald

--
To reduce the volume of emails from this listserv you can switch your preferences to the Digest or Abridged mode.
With the Digest version you get up to 25 messages combined into one email where you can click on the topics you want to read.

SoCoCAN!

Mar 13, 2020, 7:53:48 AM3/13/20
to SoCoCAN!

March 12, 2020

Re: Climate Summit

[...]

Sonoma County Climate Activist Network (SoCoCAN!)
707-595-0320 (email contact preferred)