Fwd: Extinction Rebellion SF Bay Area - Stop The Money Pipeline @Chase Continues!

Emerald

Feb 7, 2020, 10:59:23 PM2/7/20
to Earth Action Campaign

Our first successful action at Chase...

XRSFBay Logo

rally outside Chase bank #climateemergency
Outside Chase on January 31. (photo: Jade Northrup)

We have launched #StopTheMoneyPipeline @Chase - join us on February 28!

Last Friday, about 100 local people who care about the #ClimateEmergency turned out to support the Stop the Money Pipeline campaign with creative disruption, risking arrest by occupying Chase Bank at 595 Market Street for almost three hours.

Inside, calling for Chase to divest. (photo: Kelly Johnson)

Our demand for JPMorgan Chase – the largest funder of fossil fuel projects – is to divest immediately to protect the planet. Extinction Rebellion SFBay Area was joined by members of Rainforest Action Network, Sunrise, 350 Bay Area, 350 Silicon Valley, XR Youth, Code Pink Golden Gate Chapter, 1000 Grandmothers, Wet’suwet’en Solidarity Front Bay Area, and Diablo Rising Tide.

Can you help us spread the word? By stopping investment in fossil fuels we can move together toward a more just and sustainable world.

Check out this video of the event on our Facebook page. Please consider sharing to help get the word out with hashtags: #stopthemoneypipeline #ExtinctionRebellion #ClimateEmergency #cutthechasechallenge

BREAKING: Stand in solidarity with the Wet'suwet'en! Friday, Feb. 7th at the Canadian Consulate, 580 California Street, San Francisco. See the Facebook event.

In the early morning hours of February 6th, the RCMP violently invaded and raided Wet'suwet'en territories. These militarized police are working for the pipelines and the Canadian government and are attacking hereditary chiefs, Wet'suwet'en people, and their supporters.

Bring signs, banners, and your voice! We will have #Wetsuwetenstrong stickers available for anyone who would like one, too.

#Wetsuwetenstrong #Unistotencamp #NoPipelines #RCMPStandDown

Learn How To Get More Involved With XRSFBAY

Our website https://extinctionrebellionsfbay.org now includes pages on how to Get Started and Connect with members of our community. Help us #TellTheTruth about the climate crisis, and get in touch!

Most of all, stay tuned for the next @Chase action coming up on February 28th!

Rebelliously yours,

The XRSFBay Team

#stopthemoneypipeline #ExtinctionRebellion #ClimateEmergency #cutthechasechallenge