Upcoming Plans for Sept 20 Youth Climate Strike!

Hoai-An

Aug 14, 2019, 3:31:12 AM8/14/19
to ClimateActivists-SC, OSC Earth Action, May 1st Coalition, AJR (Alliance for a Just Recovery), Sonoma-NoDAPL, Anti-Racist Allies SC
Just a reminder - please mark your calendars for the Sept 20 youth climate strike. Greta Thunberg and other youth groups are asking the adults to join in striking for climate all that week - Sept 20 to Sept 27. Please join your local strike, and keep an eye out for any other climate related activities happening that week (you might keep an eye on the Peace & Justice Center's calendar emails for Sonoma County events). Or, you might be interested in joining an art build (for making signs, banners, etc.) to get ready for the climate strike.

For those of you working on social justice, the climate crisis is going to hit the poorer communities and communities of color the hardest. The IPCC report says we have
10-12 years to reverse the climate crisis. I don't think we have that long. Work with
whatever climate or Indivisible group you wish - to work on climate!

From 350 Sonoma's newsletter:

The September 18 350 Sonoma meeting will be at the Peace and Justice Center at 7pm
(back to our regularly scheduled program!) Prepare to get crafty: We will be making signs
and artwork for the upcoming world wide youth led Climate Strike on Sept. 20.

Get Ready for Action: Global Climate Strike Sept 20

The young people of the planet are organizing a week of action in September to insist on their right to
a livable planet. This is a youth-led global action, and we need to show up for them and have their backs.
Take the day off if you can, if that's too much, take your lunch to the Santa Rosa Plaza on Sept 20 to
show your support for bold climate action now.

A coalition of Sonoma County climate action and social justice organizations and concerned citizens
plan to hold a rally in Courthouse Square in downtown
Santa Rosa from 12:00 - 1:00 pm on Friday, Sept. 20.

Join the planning meeting if you are interested: Saturday, August 10th at 11 am at the Central Library
in downtown Santa Rosa

Youth Vs Apocalypse, in coalition with regional environmental justice and climate organizations, are
planning actions in San Francisco and at the Chevron headquarters as well.

Global Climate Strike

I'll be striking in South Bay, but with you in spirit!

Pete Gang

Aug 14, 2019, 10:12:01 AM8/14/19
to katy...@gmail.com, ClimateActivists-SC, OSC Earth Action, May 1st Coalition, AJR (Alliance for a Just Recovery), Sonoma-NoDAPL, Anti-Racist Allies SC
Dear Sonoma County climate activists!

It’s happening right here in Santa Rosa: Rally in Solidarity with Climate Strike on Sept 20th from noon to 2  pm at Santa Rosa’s Courthouse Square The grown-ups are creating the setting; the program will be youth-led. We are told that Courthouse Square will accomodate around 5,000 people, but it might get cozy!

This event is being organized in alliance with strikewithus.org, fridaysforfuture.org, and globalclimatestrike.net by members of Sunrise Movement, 350 Sonoma, Sierra Club, CCL, CRL, Sustainable SRJC, SVCC,  FoCAP, Schools for Climate Action, and a long list of others.

Can you lend a hand? email fridaysforfu...@gmail.com

For a livable future,

Pete

If you are getting too many emails from this mailing list, email sonomaso...@gmail.com, mention the Sonoma Solidarity group (as we manage several lists) and we can switch you to digest mode. So instead of getting lots of individual messages, you get a batch of messages (up to 25) combined into one very long message. The digest will contain a summary of the subject lines at the top, so you can quickly scan them and click on any of topics to jump to the part you want to read. It's easier to read/scan that way. Hopefully that will be easier to manage.

However if you wish to unsubscribe, instructions are at the bottom.

---
You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups "Sonoma-NoDAPL" group.
To view this discussion on the web visit https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/sonoma-nodapl/CAA3wzz3wncemYV-Zdo_AMJbRUzk7N%3DT_VGRRx-9owBueajFMwA%40mail.gmail.com.

katya miller

Aug 14, 2019, 3:50:09 PM8/14/19
to Pete Gang, katy...@gmail.com, ClimateActivists-SC, sarahaminoff via OSC - Earth Action Campaign, May 1st Coalition, AJR (Alliance for a Just Recovery), Sonoma-NoDAPL, Anti-Racist Allies SC
Hello Friends,
Good news! Israeli Expert & Lawyer Dafna Tachover will be speaking in Santa Rosa this Saturday. Wireless Radiation affects Birds, Bees, and Humans!

Please share this with friends and groups you are involved in. Dafna brings us vital information to live by. Below are comments from her last talk in San Geronimo.

Thanks,
Katya Miller

From :Dafna TachoverManaging Director
Attorney (NY, Israel), MBA