Re: Climate heroes on trial...please share

V Jacobi

Jan 6, 2018, 11:56:13 PM1/6/18
to v j

AWESOME!!!

On 2018-01-06 20:47, Barbara B wrote:

Please join me to meet and honor two true climate heroes who are facing trial and imprisonment and find out why Bill McKibben says, "The whole planet will be inside a single courtroom the day their trial begins."

Climate Heroes on Trial: The Valve Turners

Sunday, January 14, 2018, 11:30 am to 12:30 pm
First Presbyterian Church
Michael Foster, teacher and tree planter
Emily Johnston, poet and author
In conversation with Peter B. Collins, syndicated talk radio host
Who are the Valve Turners and why did they shut off the valves on 5 pipelines delivering dirty crude from Canadian tar sands to refineries in the US? Why did they risk arrest and imprisonment for their beliefs?

Two of the five Valve Turners will present thoughtful, articulate, and courageous stories of acting out of necessity to raise our awareness and protect the planet while we still have time.

Help support the group's legal expenses as they prepare to argue their ground-breaking Climate Necessity Defense.
The event is free. Donations will be collected to help support the group's legal defense fund.

Refreshments will be served.