for those of you wanting to lower your footprint and go more Vegan, this may be helpful Fwd: Natalie Portman to narrate "Eating Animals" film

V Jacobi

Sep 24, 2017, 10:36:26 PM9/24/17
to Osc_earth Action

Sawasdee Krab Amigos,

...and for the second week in a row I need to extend a big thank-you to Josh Warchol. Last week he dealt with some thorny issues with our email software and this week he upgraded everything so these issues will hopefully never resurface. I get a lot of nice feedback from people who like reading this newsletter each week, and there's no way Vegan.com or its newsletter would be possible in its current form were it not for Josh.

I've been consumed with a demanding writing project lately but I found time to do a nice upgrade to our nuts page. There are all sorts of benefits to including a small amount of nuts in your daily diet, and they're an awesome snack. So please check out that page to learn more.

Hey, and give our grocery page some love. I've cherry picked all the very best deals that Amazon has on vegan foods, some of which you won't be able to find locally at any price. As always your purchases generate commissions that allow me to keep improving Vegan.com while continuing to be one of the meat industry's main antagonists.

Top News Stories of the Week (via @Vegan on Twitter):

  1. Natalie Portman will narrate the film version of Eating Animals. Link.
  2. Vegan cheese being tested at UK Pizza Huts. Link.
  3. Peas are the new almonds—and a whole lot more nutritious for making vegan milks. Link.
  4. Not only is Portland America's vegan mecca, Damian Lillard, point guard for the Trailblazers, has gone vegan! Link.
  5. A Swedish farmer steps from dairy milk to oat milk. Link.
  6. Nathan Runkle of Mercy For Animals just wrote this terrific opinion piece for the New York Daily News. Link.
  7. It's great to see a top newspaper that's had enough of the foie gras industry's heartless cruelty and incessant B.S. Link.
  8. A thorough breakdown by Wired of what went into the Impossible Burger. Link.
  9. Vegan meat is coming to stores sooner rather than later. Link.
  10. BBC: "Over 300,000 salmon escaped fish farms in 2016." Link.
  11. Former heavyweight & cruiserweight champ (and vegan!) David Haye gets back into the ring Dec. 17th. Link.
  12. Australian prawn producers cut out the eyes of their breeder females. Link.

Tweet of the Week: Let's make a deal. If you're not ready to quit all dairy, how about switching milk or yogurt or ice cream or cheese to a vegan version?

Subscribe here to this newsletter.
View web version