Fwd from Extinction Rebellion SF Bay Area: Talks, Orientations and Art Builds, Oh My

Emerald

Feb 13, 2020, 4:52:48 AM2/13/20
to Earth Action Campaign, SoCoCAN!

So many ways to get involved with the Rebellion...

XRSFBay Logo

rally outside Chase bank #climateemergency
Outside Chase on January 31. (photo: Jade Northrup)

There are lots of ways to get involved with the struggle for climate action this month - join us for talks, art builds, orientation and action planning:

@Chase Action Planning Meeting

Where: Chochmat HaLev, 2215 Prince St, Berkeley, CA 94705, USA

When: Sunday, February 16⋅3:00 – 5:30pm

Come hear about the plans for the next Stop The Money Pipeline @Chase action coming up on February 28th, and see how you can join in! Anyone interested in climate action is welcome, and we will have breakout sessions including Q&A for you or your affinity groups to decide how you’d like to plug in to this campaign. See: https://www.facebook.com/events/641366969945846

gravestones for extinct species

R.I.P. Affinity Group Tombstone Art Build

When: Sunday February 16, 11am - 4pm

Where: 5809 Ayala Ave., North Oakland

The R.I.P. Affinity Group emerged as a way to mourn the loss of species diversity in this 6th great extinction we are living through. We invite you to join us in building a paper mache tombstone of an extinct animal of your choice (link here) that will be used in direct actions related to the climate crisis. For questions call Lauren at 510 846 6964

Details and RSVP to kim...@protonmail.com or https://www.facebook.com/events/2496477837267261/

Stop The Money Pipeline @Chase Day Of Action

Where: Chase Bank branch TBA

When: Friday, February 28th, time TBA

Join us on the streets to demand that JPMorgan Chase -- the #1 US Bank funding fossil fuel projects -- divest and move their investments to clean, renewable energy.

Details and RSVP: https://www.facebook.com/events/476514553028022/

Upcoming Talks & Trainings

Heading For Extinction Talk

In this public talk, climate speakers from Extinction Rebellion will share the latest climate science on where our planet is heading and offer solutions through the study of social movements.

Feb 17, 2020 06:00 PM - 07:30 PM in Pacific Time (US and Canada)

Please fill out this form to join the Zoom call:
https://zoom.us/meeting/register/uZAkf-6rqTkv8e82WF01GIq3s3Vr2pshNA

XR SF Bay Orientations

Been to a Heading for Extinction Talk or Neighborhood meeting? Want to get more involved? Attend an Orientation Call!

Feb 19, 2020 06:30 - 07:30 PM Pacific Time (US and Canada)

Please fill out this form to join the Zoom call:
https://zoom.us/meeting/register/tJ0vc-mqpzspgj-00fOyxT6ZLcf6GjgGoQ

https://www.facebook.com/events/873400833116670/

Feb 20, 2020 06:30 PM - 07:30 PM Pacific Time (US and Canada)

Please fill out this form to join the Zoom call:
https://zoom.us/meeting/register/tJIpdemhqDgo3mrVr0sDveuA7GB4MthpOg

Stay Involved With XRSFBAY

Our website https://extinctionrebellionsfbay.org now includes pages on how to Get Started and Connect with members of our community. Help us #TellTheTruth about the climate crisis, and get in touch!

Most of all, stay tuned for the next @Chase action coming up on February 28th!

Rebelliously yours,

The XRSFBay Team

#stopthemoneypipeline #ExtinctionRebellion #ClimateEmergency #cutthechasechallenge