Fwd: "We Are Not Prepared to Die": Ex-Maldives President Warns of Catastrophic Climate Change | Daily Digest 12/14/2018

Emerald

Dec 15, 2018, 8:27:14 AM12/15/18
to osc_eart...@googlegroups.com

Extinction Rebellion: UK Protesters Are Supergluing Themselves to Buildings to Fight Climate Crisis & Climate Strike: Heeding Call of Greta Thunberg, Polish Students Walk Out of Class & More
Not displaying correctly?
View it in your browser.

Democracy Now! Daily Digest

A Daily Independent Global News Hour with Amy Goodman & Juan González

Friday, December 14, 2018

Stories

"We are not prepared to die." Those are the words that Mohamed Nasheed, the former president of the low-lying island country of Maldives, delivered at the U.N. ... Read More →

As protests erupt at the U.N. climate summit in Katowice, Poland, we speak with Liam Geary Baulch, part of the new movement called Extinction Rebellion ... Read More →

Fifteen-year-old Swedish climate activist Greta Thunberg has called for a global climate strike today to protest inaction at the U.N. climate summit. Greta made ... Read More →

The Trump administration is promoting fossil fuels at the U.N. climate summit in Katowice, Poland, despite outcry from climate activists and world leaders ... Read More →

Hundreds of demonstrators gathered at the U.N. climate summit in Katowice, Poland, on Friday, demanding bolder action from world leaders on climate change. ... Read More →
At the U.N. Climate talks in Katowice, Poland, we speak with climate scientist Saleemul Huq, who is advising the bloc of least developed countries in the climate ... Read More →

Headlines →

Follow

Facebook Twitter RSS & Podcasts Google+

COLUMN

WORK WITH US!

Now accepting applications for a social media manager

WEB EXCLUSIVE

KATOWICE CLIMATE SUMMIT 2018