Re: [Climate Activists-SC] carbon footprint of the people's march

Emerald

Sep 6, 2018, 3:05:19 AM9/6/18
to Kamal Prasad, ClimateActivists-SC, osc_eart...@googlegroups.com

Vegetarian Restaurants in Civic Center, San Francisco

https://www.zomato.com/san-francisco/civic-center-restaurants/vegetarian

This is the one I like:
http://anandafuara.com/

Love,
Emerald

On Wed, Sep 5, 2018 at 3:59 AM 'Kamal Prasad' via ClimateActivists-SC <climateac...@googlegroups.com> wrote:
100s of thousands of people will gather to participate in the people's march this coming Saturday. I will be one of them. And, no matter if we carpool, drive our electric cars, we will be burning a lot of fossil fuels to protest it. Even if we walk, bike to the event; by participating in something that is sure to disrupt normal traffic flows, we will be causing increased GHG emissions. Then, to celebrate this largely symbolic event (as there is no concrete outcome), we will go to a restaurant to dine with our participating friends and pat ourselves on the back, and many, if not most, celebrants will dine on animal parts and secretions. Given that animal agriculture produces more GHG emissions than all modes of transportation combined(!), this will be like adding insult to injury.

Please consider the planet and our goals to save it, and choose plant-based foods.

And please pardon my "tone" and curtness. Given the amount of native forests we have converted to pastures, and having that land revert back can sequester 265 gigatons of carbon (more than what  "has been added to the atmosphere since the industrial era began" http://adsabs.harvard.edu/abs/2015AGUFMGC13E1206R), it is mind boggling to me why environmentalists are actively ignoring the least of what each of us can do.

--
If you are getting too many emails from this mailing list, email sonomaso...@gmail.com, mention the Climate Action group (as we manage several mailing lists) and we can switch you to digest mode. So instead of getting lots of individual messages, you get a batch of messages (up to 25) combined into one very long message. The digest will contain a summary of the subject lines at the top, so you can quickly scan them and click on any of topics to jump to the part you want to read. It's easier to read/scan that way. Hopefully that will be easier to manage.

However if you wish to unsubscribe, instructions are below.
.
---
You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups "ClimateActivists-SC" group.
To view this discussion on the web visit https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/climateactivists-sc/edb40b25-1173-4f43-bf3a-db30baaf6340%40googlegroups.com.

Kamal Prasad

Sep 6, 2018, 6:32:26 PM9/6/18
to ClimateActivists-SC, osc_eart...@googlegroups.com, Emerald
https://www.happycow.net/ is another great resource for finding plant-based restaurants all over the world!

Kamal

- http://blog.sciencesquare.com
- http://kamalprasad.com

'Live Long and Prosper,' as a Vulcan would say.

Do you know someone who has or is transitioning to a more compassionate and sustainable plant-based lifestyle. Share this "Welcome to the Community" video with them: https://youtu.be/xGqCRHpnMZw

Do we really need GMOs to feed a growing population, or is there another, simpler solution. https://youtu.be/-DvUbF3pqbA

Human population may be a problem but there is a bigger population problem that anyone can do something about: https://youtu.be/P85tspnn34U

--