Fwd: Action Update - Don't let state regulators delay new Community Choice Energy programs

1 view

Veronica Jacobi

Feb 5, 2018, 9:09:57 PM2/5/18
to osc_earth-action@googlegroups com

-------- Original Message --------
Subject: Action Update - Don't let state regulators delay new Community Choice Energy programs
From: Robin & Linda for Mothers Out Front California <inf...@mothersoutfront.org>
Sent: Monday, February 5, 2018, 2:21 PM
To: Veronica Jacobi <VJa...@sonic.net>
CC:

Veronica --

Our first round of emails worked! After many people voiced their concerns, the California Public Utilities Commission (CPUC) postponed a decision on resolution E-4907 until February 8th! Thank you!!

However, the CPUC appears to be fast-tracking this resolution by placing it on the "consent calendar" for Feb. 8th! If passed, E-4907 would result in longer wait times for new Community Choice Energy/Aggregations (CCAs), which is unreasonable and unfair to new regions launching CCAs, including Orange County, Milpitas, and other cities.

If you could send an email to the CPUC by February 7th, it would send a strong message to them to put the public interest first. They already postponed the vote once due to public input, let's make sure this doesn't pass!

Here is a sample text for your email—fill in your city and feel free to personalize:

To:  public....@cpuc.ca.gov

Subject: Forward to all CPUC Commissioners: Retract Resolution E-4907

Dear CPUC Commissioners:

As a ratepayer and resident of ____, I ask that you retract Resolution E-4907

This unwarranted overreach on the Community Choice process would cause unnecessary delays to new Community Choice programs, resulting in lost revenue for cities and delaying consumer choice.

More and more cities across California are choosing Community Choice energy. Will you respect the will of the people and uphold our right to choose without interference or delay?

Thank you,

[Your Name]

Please forward this email to your network and urge others to send letters, too. It takes a village!

Also, it would be very supportive if you would ask your city Councilmember and your state Assembly Member and Senator to lodge a complaint with the CPUC. Find out who your state representatives are here.

And if you live in the San Francisco Bay Area, it would be awesome if you could attend a rally and press conference at CPUC headquarters in San Francisco on Feb. 8th, the day of the vote.

A quick update on our progress in other areas:

Our Tustin team is working with the Foothill Communities Association (representing 10,000 homes in North Tustin) to ask OC Supervisor Todd Spitzer to initiate a CCA study at the county level. And Irvine just released their RFP for a CCA feasibility study. The ball is rolling!

Our San Jose team is mobilizing support for Senate Bill 100, which would fast-track California's transition to 100% clean energy. They recently co-sponsored a town hall with Assembly Members Marc Berman and Evan Low focusing on climate legislation, and were thrilled when Asm Berman announced that he will vote for SB 100 in its current form!

Finally, we would welcome your support of our dedicated volunteers by becoming a member of Mothers Out Front. The more members we have, the more power we have.  Will you join us to show that mothers defending their children's right to a safe planet are a force to be reckoned with?

Thank you!

Robin & Linda

tustin_CCE_C.jpg

Mothers Out Front California
http://ca.mothersoutfront.org/

Mothers Out Front California · United States
This email was sent to VJa...@sonic.net. To stop receiving emails, click here.

Created with NationBuilder, software for leaders.